Well done proving how utterly you are uinable to make actual points, but okay lets do this again.
- So let me explain you the IF THEN clause, I am sure you have heard of this very famous sentence structure, but it seems you have still failed to grasp how it is used, so let me make an easy example: “IF it rains today, THEN I will stay at home”. Now in that sentence we know the following, should the IF statement come to pass, the THEN statement will come to pass as well. So when Ion said IF the squish happen, THEN they will also reduce leveling time, guess what that means will happen to the length of leveling when they do the squish? Yes the level squish itself will not mechanically affect leveling speed(well it will, due to fluctuations in kill speed, but that is not the argument being made here), but along side it we have a confirmed level speed increase coming. So yes under any circumstances lying to people’s faces that there will be no reduction in leveling time when it clearly was stated to be bundled with one is just scummy.
- Level squish comes with level speed increase, I think we proved this fact clearly, so yes you’d get them more often. That being said your reply is missrepresenting my point, as what I wrote my reply to was a statement that even if they cut levels in half they’d not have you get upgrades on every level, where my counter point was yeah it’d be every other level on average weighted in favour of early levels, which is still much better than how current level up rewards are spread out. I never argued you’d get more rewards per time spent(until this post to debunk that fact via point 1) I was merely debunk the asinine point about how because it wouldn’t give rewards at each level it’d be pointless to squish levels. Own your asinine man instead of trying to pretend my reply was to a completely different point.
- No I made an easy point here, that you are attacking the stupidest point for level squish, that people are too stupid and run away at the sight of big numbers. The fact you later in 7 and 8 then try to reason that level squish bad because people are actually so stupid they cannot come to terms with the level squish or that oh no guides have to be rewritten shows your arguments are on the same level as BIG NUMBERS BAD. In the first place this is an argument that I saw no point in defending because it was a bad point, and only replied to it too because I knew you’d bring it up in a reply how I ignored a very good point if I just skipped it over.
- You are still lying through your teeth on cp I see. CP is and will remain to be no different than AP, a post max level progression system. The fact you do not see why keeping their max level permanently at 50 is not an indication of specifically keeping level bloat in check I don’t know what is. But hey lets talk why CP is just like AP, how about they have catch up systems for it, or how about it does not offer the same benefits as a full on level did? Yes their effects might be different, but in both cases they are based on the paragon leveling system, ie progression beyond max level. Lets ignore that your point for this whole thing was that it is another way to disprove BIG NUMBERS ARE SCARY when even ESO hides this big number behind a small level 50. Link me any promotional material by them that advertises champion points as a big number leveling system(couldn’t find much really, not even back of the box images from after they introduced the system) rather than “Level up to 50!” or other generic max level indicators. I cannot believe you dedicated 3 whole points to the point that BIG NUMBERS ARE SCARY.
- Nice attempt at arguing around my point without addressing it. Firstly, you will not see big differences between different players at the same level, Heirlooms p much mean that cannot happen(and in the ways it can happen, ie Enchanting, it does already happen). As for it being unnoticable, sure maybe, but it is still more noticable than what we have right now. Also the argument has nothing to do with twinks, but rather to increase the feeling of getting stronger even within a level rather than feeling stale until the next level is hit(which would have given you nothing since friendly reminder squish will remove useless levels). I can’t believe two people have tried convincing me that GEAR is not relevant to leveling, it is like everyone arguing against this has NEVER played an RPG in their lives. So here is my simple question to you, prove to me that to the average player having more appropriate level gear gained on longer but fewer levels is somehow not an improvement over how the current system handles throwaway gear that loses it’s effectiveness within half the time than the suggested alternative. Obviously you will not, just like the last guy, because you do not actually care about the state of leveling.
- Bla bla bla I cannot run a Find and replace order in a text editor, it is so much more hard work than having to rewrite entire guides after balance changes. And yes you are actually making the argument that people are so stupid that they can’t understand that “There is half as many levels, but each level is worth twice as much”. Because yes people do not know that 2 times 1=1 times 2. Get out here with this.
- What you said.
- I missed the point here because it was stupid, at least with your big numbers are scary argument people actually make it, but that people are nostalgic for less levels? Please quote someone who said that within this thread, otherwise this is your worst strawman of all your points. No to mention nostalgia was your opening statement after which you literally went back to, it won’t be shorter and it wouldn’t affect anything, but hey you repeated yourself plenty of times in them so all is forgiven.
Oh and I really wish instead of trying to be snide at the and you maybe actually went and proved without a shadow of a doubt that a level squish wouldn’t have any effect on the stuff I listed as things people ignoring shouldn’t have a voice in the discussion. So yeah if you have a single honest bone in your body, please do prove to me that there’d be no mechanical difference within the basic game systems(ilvl, Primary Stats, Secondary Stats, ability “rank ups” and other such mechanics) and then try to argue it won’t have any effect on leveling. God you are a joke.