Leveling an assasination rogue. Some basic questions

Hi all,
I am leveling an association rogue and so far I enjoy the idea of poisoning the enemy for killing him.

The only point I had though it seems that all creeps die way before the poison ticks out and in that sense I think they are getting lost.

Do the creeps get harder later on so I can enjoy seeing the poisons lasting longer?

Thanks
Alex

Fights slow down a bit closer to max level. Then they speed up again as you get better gear at max level.

For leveling, Outlaw is generally better because no damage is wasted, and it’s more bursty.

Rogue generally starts to fall behind at lower levels around 40+ you get less powerful spells compared to other classes, mobs do get more tanky after 60/70+ but you wont get proper use of kit till end game for sure. Ideally outlaw would be an easy class to swap to too breeze through content, despite being more mind numbing is relatively more energy effective since no dots to maintain etc.

TL:DR rogue wont see use of poisons having full effectiveness till raiding / end game dungeons and even then bleeds will do more damag overall since talent/azerite lay out at end game.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Actually that is the reason I need you help. I decided to level a rogue to enjoy the leveling trip and not the last phase of the game… I also wanted a class that would allow me for the relevant levels to do some wpvp or some bgs. This is the reason I picked assassination. Will outlaw be better also for wpvp? Some lvl 60-100 wpvp from similar levels will be what I am looking. This seems to contradict a bit between PvP and pve as leveling.suggestions welcome

Outlaw is pretty meh in WPvP. You lack the burst of Assassination to finish fights quickly. Sure, you got more control, but that rarely matters in the open world because long fights leave you open for others to gank you or the opponent to run away.

The correct way you play Assassination while leveling is to run around and Rupture/Garrote everything in sight after you get Venomous Vim. If done correctly it’s not going to be slower than Outlaw in any way because you will be swimming in energy.

Also, who cares if your poisons don’t run their full duration? This should never matter because you will be passively refreshing them anyway and proccing the instant damage component of Deadly Poison.

1 Like

W-pvp rogue generally suffers in most scenarios as its a reset heavy class. The general feel for it is if you dont kill him this go, your gonna try the next time you have CDs regardless of being outlaw or assassination or sub.

W-pvp and bgs you need to try and see yourself more as a +1 class instead of somebody who can goon squad and gank other players (in most cases.) as alot of classes have more than enough answers and ability to out tank you and send you packing. Feel free to swap between outlaw and assa as the only difference is one has dots. Both can stun through 100% dodge/parry, assa requiring positioning meanwhile outlaw doesn’t. Outlaw is the low level clutch god since fights dont last long when people run around with 6-10k hp

Be aware that rogue is in no state where you can call it OP in the whole 1 vs 1 / bg/ casual PVP scene. Most classes will chew you out/mongo you down, caster or not. especially low level caster since cloak isnt avaliable till 80.

1 Like

thanks to all guys. Very useful comments so far.

I am leveling the rogue to enjoy the process of the leveling. I might not be playing the class after 110+. This leveling part includes also the wpvp dimension. As you said I am not anymore the class that can attack kill dissapear. I am good with that and honestly I think that is also how it should be.

I started with assasination looking of this feeling that someone is coming to assasinate you. This is where I also found the idea of poision nice. I was leveling in close to vanilla era a rogue and assasination was giving me that feeling.

I also checked guides and it does not look like that there are many abilities that work based on backstabing or doing fast very high crits before dissapearing in shadows.

Then I thought to try outlaw since seems to be at least decent for leveling and wpvp. If there is an enemy of my level I will go for a kill even if I am loosing or dying. I am still open though to suggestions that can improve my wpvp (while leveling) I would like to hear those.
Regards
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.