LF destro arena tips

Ive hit 2k+ with numerous classes over the years, for the first time i decided to play warlock, and been enjoying it so far.
Today I played 2v2 arenas with randoms, healer and 2x dps and were able to hit 1700, but now I’ve hit an impass.

Every single opponent clicks the auto run as soon as I pop any cd, be it infernal or the critty boy.

I am having extremely difficult times killing off players at this relatively low mmr, ladder just reset, so what do I know.

How do you finish enemies that just runs behind pillars, or have a number of tools to prevent dying? Warriors for instance has pummel, stun, reflect, and fear if they really dont want to take the hit.

Other melee classes can also prevent a lot of dmg going out, so how do you guys finish off these runners?

I feel omega cucked when they use their mobility spells, or just outright normal run speed, while im slowed and can’t do a thing.

LF tips!

You seem very fixated on ratings, so you are probably not gonna care about the opinion of another newly re-rolled Warlock (me). But I’ll add my thoughts anyways and then you can do whatever you feel like with the information given…

Pillars:
At the start of an arena round I always observe my opponents to see if they like hugging pillors or not before using any CDs.

If they do, then I set up portals on both sides and use the Cataclysm spell to try and push them out. The portals I mostly use to let them know I can get to them easily, which often makes them give up that pillar.

When I manage to get just a moment where I can hit them I use Death Coil to stun them (since it’s instant cast) and follow up with Fear. This makes me able to get to them.

All of these spells are on short CD’s which is important since it allow me to do it again relatively quickly if needed.

Tanky opponents:
Nothing more to it than the rotations recommended on Icy Veins. Use CD’s properly and make sure you have chosen Demon Armor as your PvP talent (and manually activated it).

Hope you could use my input.

Main tip I’d give is lose Cremation and take the talent that roots on Conflagrate, the damage gained from Cremation isn’t worth losing the root.

Stay as far away from pillars as possible, destro doesn’t really need to kite so just stay in the open

Haven’t played Destro in a while but you get 2 Conflagrates, so stack up your embers, try fear into fake chaos bolt to get the trinket… Make sure you’re watching their CDs and escape moves…

Once you have full embers and they are low on escapes, fear into Infernal… Then Conflagrate, into bolt, Death coil, bolt, conflagrate, bolt… If you’ve planned it and it comes off to perfection then not much can survive that.

But note, it’s not often that’ll work perfectly… But if you get 2 bolts off then you’ll of put out enough pressure to either force some massive CDs or waste a lot of their mana

I used to use the root talent, but the thing is, I can’t control when it roots, since its automatic, and im using conflag off cd to generate embers and do damage, thats why im trying out Cremation, am also trying out the conflag dot talent, instead of big bolts with infernal, because everybody runs away and I can’t cast bolts anyway… Am just testing it out to see how it goes, but theoretically stacking those two should give me 15% more overall dmg, which is already high.

But again my biggest issue is landing killing blows. I can easily pop inferno and do a lot of damage, but I can’t 100 to 0 anyone because of the running.

I can also drop portal to catch up, but since im slower than everyone, they get away again.

The reason ive dropped the roots, is that healers instant dispel them, so I dont get any value, im not able to cast a bolt in the time its been dispelled, usually, because people LOS.

I understand destruction is dangerous, and I do the exact same thing when I fight one, nevertheless I cant seem to win games anymore, because higher rating equals more brain cells, so I need to change something, but I don’t know what, hence the cremation tryout.

Also its worth noting I don’t chase people anymore, ive completely given up on that… when I pop a cd and they slow me and run away, I just afk in pure frustration :smiley:

From what I’ve seen of destro you need to bait their dispells and defensives before going all in. In arena the root is just a must must must… Use Fear as bait on the dps for dispels, most healers will dispel. That leaves some time for roots before they can dispel again.

Destro has always had that probably, relies too much on infernal. What healers do you play with? Holy Priest / Destro is pretty crazy, but I prefer playing with a more offensive healer like Hpal or Feral affinity Rdudu

So I was able to get 1800 now, I found a pretty good resto druid, though he didnt have a broken pve trinket, we managed.

Even though its far from optimal, I’ve opted to go for Cremation and conflagrate dot talent to rot people down, because I can’t get anything done with cooldowns, people make it their business to run to the far side of the map, and I just can’t keep up. I even try to bait them by being low on health when I do it, to try and keep them in the fight, but they still run away :frowning:

Since playing with this druid, I’ve decided the other guys I played with were just bad, and not necessarily a good comp class either. It’s my own fault, I just play for fun, so I don’t really have high demands, but I still expect much from my teammate, maybe too much.

I know blaming teammates is the go-to excuse when you lose, so don’t tear me a new one :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.