LF Rouge Main opinion

Honest question, do you all think double vanish, cloak for bleeds/disarm, 2 shadowsteps and Secret Tech oneshots are all needed?

It feels pretty overbearing RN, both offense and defense seem pretty insane to me, good subrogues seem nigh impossible to nail down for the kill while being a constant threat with 2set, especially on defensively “weaker” classes like hunter/sham.

2 Likes

Rogues are absolutely dumb af, no doubt about it.

None of my 3 buttons are able to land a kill
tragedy really
:coffee:

But yes, their defensive kit seems bloated

I swear those vanishes (AND SHADOWMELD LOL) make me wish for a second charge of flare really hard on my hunter.

I know that was meant in a tongue and cheek way, but even with a team effort they seem incredibly hard to lock down, even if they don’t get peels from their teammate.

They seem to manage just fine themselves.

I’m glad I don’t play 2s anymore, but oh boy Rogue/Priest; Rogue/Mage must be a nightmare to face rn there.

1 Like

yeah rouge is legit now. But anyway it takes some skill to play it while you need to track alot of stuff

Genuinely made me laugh that :joy: oh boy here weeeee gooo :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
But… do you play BM though , that’s the question :eyes:

hahahaha
Glad you noticed
In all seriousness, it’s a joke, for DH anyway. Evasion stuffs me and cloak stuffs me, and I can die at any moment in a full stun

Done some last night and today on a Deva evoker , managed 0-1400 holding a Positive W/R with a mate on his priest / Mage (swapped mage for the lols)
Interestingly, the rogue teams we beat bar 1

Survival hunter + Priest | Rsham + Feral seem so hard to win though
:expressionless:

I play all 3 specs.

Surv for the serious gamer sessions.

MM cause I like it most.

BM when I just want to annoy people and make them ragequit shufflegames.

Funnily enough BM seems to be the easiest to sniff out bad rogues cause they get flared out and petaggroed 24/7 by me and have no clue how to deal with it.

If its a good rogue though I need perfect CD management and support from the team to avoid getting sologibbed by the guy on the 2nd to 3rd go.

Survival can be a real pain to deal with in 2s, yeah. I just don’t like the bracket anymore, because imo it favours certain classes over others heavily.

Now it happens to be one of mine aswell, but I just can’t be bothered facing Rouge/Priest Rogue/Mage Warrior/Healer all day.

Secret tech doesn’t one shot and you need to stack as much “danse macabre” buff as possible during your 6 to 8s burst window (depending on your build) to make good damage with it. So if you get stunned/feared/disarmed or anything else during your shadowdance, your shadow tech will deal little damage.

But anyways, this spell is so unfun to use, due to the fact that its damage is delayed in a weird way and it’s aoe. So it will break any sheep/sap/blind and so on.

Honestly I would love them to obliterate this ability in pvp.

Also, i agree that 200k secret tech is a lot of damage, but there are other classes / specs that can do this amount of dmg in a single button too. And they don’t really need any setup to do so.

Sorry for my english, not my main language.

So
Basically it can’t “one shot” you , but is a massive factor in the 100-0 set up when people don’t have trinkets and there is cross CC on the table?

Right gotcha

I just want the defensives to get changed tbh

I wouldn’t have known
Your English is great :slight_smile:

MM > SV > BM
In terms of interest for me. SV has a strange damage profile though, just a tonne of 500K dmg abilities. Like what do you even shut down

I started playing 2s in Cata, and felt it was imba back then. Nothing has really changed
Just had to get teams for 3s when you don’t have a stacked friends list and LFG is the way it is

That’s before even taking into account the healer situation and shuffle at the moment

I need to setup 2 soul shards actually

SV general rule is when your healer is in a trap and you cant reverse it and he swoops in to melee you or starts shooting eagles at you you’re in big trouble.

Chakrams and/or Coordinated Assault with Explosiveshot or something similar is going to kill you, especially if you get Meemegoose bites to the cranium while thats happening.

Though I wouldn’t even play explosive against you depending on your healer and just brick your mobility with permaroots.

The games were me on a Deva Evoker, but I get the gist of it
Still sounds rough and vile

Yeah, one-shots kind of used as a synonym for tons of damage in WoW context recently, sorry if that caused confusion.

I’m aware of how the Sub Rogue Big Damage Special works and what they need to go through to achieve it (and how to counterplay it).

I feel the same way, I was wondering if people actually enjoyed it.

I found this clip here (granted its in a duel, and no info on how the other guy looks gearwise in terms of versa as far as I could tell), but his details shows a total of 450k+ of all the hits counted on secret tech.

Please correct me if I’m wrong recounting how the spell works:
If there’s only one target in range, the hits will go on that one target (but some of it will be reduced), but you can kind of “soak” the big damage by stacking.

He also mentions in the video that the ability seems to be bugged in details and maybe shows an inaccurate number, but you can see that he deletes a 530k HP target (Maybe Blue Honor gear?) in essentially one secret tech and 1 shadowstrike.

And I agree that it takes some time to set this up, but the rogue is also not playing alone.

Yes, it can be peeled, but should you have something in the game that essentially deletes 90% of your healthbar in one button?

And keep in mind the additional defensive utility and CC Sub brings to the table ontop of that damage.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.