Lightning Build is Sad in Raids

Heya,

Let me preface this by saying that gear will obviously change plenty, but as of now, lightning single target can’t compare with fire in any way.

The problem with single target lightning in raids I’m having:

1. Bloated busy work routine:
    Takes tons to just set up the damage properly and if you miss your windows for any reason, your dps is noodles.
  2. Lightning bolt visuals and sound:
    Feels like slapping the boss and waving a ‘no, no, bad raid boss’
  3. Despite the busy work my damage is at least 5k behind fire ele.

Why fire works better:

1. Much, much, much simpler rotation.
  2. LvB goes kaboom!
  3. Damage much gooder than bzzzzz

Why I wine on the forums:

I’ve played ele shaman on and off since TBC and the class fantasy was built around lightning damage for me. It’s unique to the class. No other class revolves around wind and lightning, storms and “unlimited powaaa” Fire ele feels like a discount fire mage.

Now in mythic+ there’s plenty of lightning AOE and there’s builds that work great (still sux at boss fights and cleave, though but oook).

Besides class fantasy, here’s my second major gripe: Gear.

Stat priority is very different between the two builds. I can’t just need on everything in raids, I try and sprinkle some m+ in to keep relevant but aside from 2 raid nights a week I really can’t bite off more chunks of time for WoW.
If you raid, do the occasional mythic + and world quests, shouldn’t you be able to have a decent dps character in this game?

To summ it up:

I’d like lightning to be more viable in raids and not depend so much on a million buttons just to still have less damage than fire ele.

I was super happy to see they brought lightning back, and now I’m much less super happy, might even say a bit sad.

TLDR: Lightning bad in raid.

4 Likes

I don’t raid, but just hopped on here to say i wish ele was just about lightning stuff and not about fire stuff. We already have fire mages and destro locks.

Whenever I played ele (mained in legion, still pvp) I always pick as much lightning buffing stuff as possible e.g storm elemental, rod etc etc and always end up having to go back to whatever procs more LB or whatever.

Wish it just stood out as a lightning based caster.

4 Likes

also like you I play eleemntal only for lightning and I would like elemental to become only lightning and move earth and fire to melee. I also noticed that following the lightning build if I don’t use spell fire I only lose 2k dps, I would also like to know from you what rotation I should do with the lightning build. for example lvb must be launched to activate the master of eleemntal but it has a CD of 30 sec the buff and does not return with the stormkeeper cdr it seems that everything is messed up and there is no real logic as to which rotation is correct

2 Likes

Sorry for the late answer, holidays and all.

Honestly, I just switched to fire and made my life easier a million times. Hope they buff lightning again, but I’m not going to beg my guild to tolerate my bad dps so I can enjoy my class fantasy.

This way it’s just spam LvB on single target and some ice-fury when you’re out of LvB. It’s ridiculously easy.

1 Like

I wanted go full on Darth Sidius mode this expac… but no joy :frowning: I’m now just another fire spewer … buff lightning build pls blizz

2 Likes

Idea: you know there’s a warlock quest which makes destro fire all fel fire green?

We need an ele shaman quest line (like we go find an artifact that belonged to a thunder god or something) that changes flame shock to lightning shock and lava burst to lightning burst but the spells function the same way.

4 Likes

That’s a great friggin idea!

2 Likes

Amazing idea. I also think Lightning should be main theme for Elemental builds.

3 Likes

Lava for is for Top Gs

Lightening is for betas

1 Like

Sounds SUS.

I am not a pro, but at least I can check the logs.

Even with the fire build which you called

1. Much, much, much simpler rotation.
  2. LvB goes kaboom!
  3. Damage much gooder than bzzzzz

You managed to get blue and semi purple logs.

Also, lighting and etc is for enhas, elemental shaman is about combining elementals, and LAVA is the best.

Elemental isn’t just Lightning, i agree but it shouldnt be just fire either.

All Im saying is That its behind fire too much. Whats the point of having Lightning and fire branches if one is clearly superior and much simpler.

How about an Elemental shaman who uses more than one element in its rotation if ye catch mah drift.

I dont even mind a complicated rotation, just as long as it works

but why should i go fire with the shaman when i already have the mage fire and lock destruction?
The shaman is basically an elementalist it is no coincidence that all the spells of the elemental BUILD also have the other 2 builds (what a fantasy?) might as well split the elements for three specializations. lightning caster, fire melee, water healer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.