List of things Enhancement needs to BEGIN to feel viable

Hello and happy new year to everyone!
Here is my personal opinion on what PVP enh shammy needs to be considered viable - and still wouldn’t be considered op.

1. Doom Winds need to either have a 30 yard range, or be a self buff, off GCD.
→ Keeping up with ranged enemies that kite you, or have insane mobility is nearly impossible. Given that enhancement shammy in arena is a target dummy most of the time, we usually end up cc-locked hitting whatever we can in close proximity, unable to make good use of the 3 min ascendance cooldown.

2. Feral Lunge needs to be baseline and have a 15 second cooldown
→ We need a gap closer in a shorter cooldown to address our inability to stick to targets effectively, while being targeted by everyone.

3. We need a revamp of the totem system as a whole
→ Having recorded more than 100 arena games, I have noticed that using GCD to cast any totem (maybe except the occasional Grounding) is a waste of time. The fight constantly moves around and away from totem range, either it is defensive or offensive. → NEW Totemic Projection: Casting Stormstrike relocates your active totems at the caster’s feet. Cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.
→ This would free our hecting button pressing during a match

4. Hex needs the option to be talented into instant cast for enhancement, or make it useable with nature’s swiftness
→ NEW Enfeeblement: Hex is now instant cast.

5. Rotation is very unsatisfiying
→ Either SS build or Fire build, enhancement rarely has the oportunity to have a proper rotation, which is usually as follows:
WF totem (for as long as you stay in range) - wolves - earth elemental - flame/frost shock - earthgrab or feral lunge to reach - Stoneskin if focused - defensive/aggressive capacitor - Thunderstorm + Lasso to bait some trinkets / cds. Notice how in 5-10 seconds you still haven’t dealt any damage. Say you have an opening to actually press damage buttons, this inculdes, wf totem - shock - stormstrike - ice strike - spender - crash - stormstrike - spender etc. Particularly, with ascendance/ss spec, ice strike and lava lash are usually useless because damage is irrelevant, they fill up the GCDs that you could use for utility moves. Notice how in the above rotation, ive not mentioned GCD for purges, hex cast with fakes, heals, earth shield and ghost wolf kiting.

6. We need a solid defensive option
it’s no coinsidence enhancement shaman is the universal target by any comp. In a high rated stun opener you need to burn trinket and astral shift, which leaves you very vunrelable afterwards. Spending mana and stacks for heals is an ineffective way of survivability, especially nowadays that even non-hybrid classes can self heal cheaper and easier, without sacrificing resources and damage output.

That’s my input on the matter. I repeat, those are changes I would accept just to be on par with the rest of the pack. Not to become overpowered and faceroll.

PS: For the love of all that is holy, please make it that when I change a PVP talent in the waiting room I dont lose my lightning and earth shield on me.

5 Likes

Enh is in a great place right now, and you don’t think it’s “viable”? Yikes.

1 Like

what an insightful and constructive reply! I suppose you have the experience to back your well-expressed arguments up. Oh wait…

Great place??? It`s actually emberrassing attacking people, I feel like a damn pet, we hit like we use wet noodles for weapons

Zeragor must’ve been sarcastic, or never played PvP.

It’s unbelievably catastrophic how blizzard cannot see that the spec is currently unplayable in PvP. I just have 100% sure they don’t give a damn because almost no one play this spec. If some well known streamers played enhancement, I bet the picture would be different.

If the problem is the self heal, please remove self heal from enhancement and just give us better defensive options, maybe join both talents of astral shift for instance.
Also, the CC options are not viable. Every other class can instant CC and keep doing damage.

Our damage output is awful. I don’t need to be in the same spot as a demon hunter, I just want to have normal damage like other good melees. And your ideas seem great for the increase of our damage. Gap closer is also something we could use. If we have to waste time on trying to hex someone, a gap closer for instant go will probably make us playable (considering doom winds outside of global cooldown ofc).

The way that all other classes survive our goes in 3v3, even if we manage to full CC the healer for 10+ seconds is just crazy. Everyone has million shields and absorb all our damage, then we are stuck with astral shift and bad limited self heals. Or they simply disarm you, because everyone has a disarm today. Then you are forced to trinket to keep your tiny pressure, but you are probably like me and don’t want to waste trinket like this because its a matter of being stunned for 4 seconds for us to die without any chance.

I’m not a pro. Am I bad? Sure everyone can tell me this. But I have an alt which is demon hunter and I am was never scared of anything in every entire arena I played so far.

Dear Blizzard, maybe in this case it’s not the player fault. It’s the spec that it’s unplayable. Please hear us even if we are just a few.

1 Like

For some reason I had a different character in my forum profile. Here this is my shaman for everyone to judge me fairly.

There’s more to this game than PVE man. Enhancement is literally hot garbage in PVP.

Your fix for Totems is very Enhancement-centric, I feel a more general change that affects all specs of Shaman would make more sense. I have 2 main ideas for this:

• As long as the Shaman is within range of the totem, the totem will have its effect centralized on the Shaman.
  • When a totem is on cooldown, press that skill again to teleport the totem to the Shaman’s location, off the GCD. Would need some kind of cooldown, though.
  1. No
  2. No
  3. No
  4. You don’t use NS as Enhancement, you use it for Maelstrom spender as Elemental
  5. What’s unsatisfying to me is that Elementalist has maybe 1-2 buttons too much (please note that we have to do other things in high-keys and VOI than smash a billion buttons) and what is deeply unsatisfying to me is that Doom Winds/WF build only works on ST bosses like Terros - would love for Blizzard to add more AoE to Doom Winds/WF so I could spam Ascendance-proccs in M+. Its fun as hell. The most fun thing in WoW that I know right now, is when Deeply Rooted Elements procc (both for Elly and Enha), its just such a great feeling!
  6. Yes. PARTICULARLY Elemental needs a solid defensive option. Enha has insta-heals through maelstrom Weapon but its not really enough in my opinion.

Just went 0-6 in SS, every game seem to go on for more than 5 mins, as soon as it’s in deep dampening you have nothing to survive as enhance, 1 40% dmg reduction and thats it, 10x MSW was healing me for less than 10% of my total health, basically 1 ability from most classes. Our burst is too easily countered and our sustain isn’t very high / too hard to keep uptime, which means we’re not even a glass cannon at this point, we’re just glass

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.