Locked realms

So you just gonna keep us having our alts on other realms for eternity? thanks blizz

the realms are locked because they are full - would you like me to post you the very detailed post Blizzard put out explaining why or have you already read it?

they said they were going to unlock them when there is no que, there havent been a que on either firemaw of pyrewood village for months. As usual they are ignorant.

Im fine with them unlocking it for ppl that already got lvl 80’s on firemaw/gehennas. But they should never unlock them to 100%, those servers are a disease and the gdkp communitys there cannibalize on the rest of the servers.

1 Like

You should have made a character on the SoM realms while you could, then you could have moved it to a locked realm and made a new character.

Transfers will not be allowed until after phase 3 in my opinion.

They said no such thing, they would unlock them if server population was reduced. Ironforge Pro and Warcraftlogs are no indication of the active sub population of a server.

Actually they said the opposite. They, at least back then, stated they have no plans opening Mega Servers again.

Stop lying like Kaivax. Queues are gone since 6-8 weeks and server are still not open.

Huh then the Blizzard made a contradictory statements between EU and US.

Check the topic I’ve sent. They clearly state that

We have disabled new character creation and incoming paid transfers to the US and EU mega-realms, and they will remain locked indefinitely.

Similar date as well.

I think he just forgot to edit this part in EU.
I am pretty sure the original post were equal between EU and US.

Kaivax is a CM (Community Manager), the blue thread you linked is from Aggrend (one of the devs).
This thread should be more accurate (beside that, not every realm with queue is considered a mega realm apparently - Thekal hat huge queues, Venoxis, Everlook, and the latter two were never locked (UNFORTUNATELY!))

1 Like

Im talking about where you already have characters on the realm, im speaking about alts - it makes absolutely no sense that you can create a new character on a locked realm but you cant transfer your alt there, how on earth that does prevent overcrowding

You’ll be thankful that your realm is locked come Jan 24.

I think so too, when the next phase hits I feel there will be loads of “OMG my realm has queues” threads.

2 Likes

Full agreement here.

im speaking about alts when you already have characters on a realm - it really does make sense that you can create a new character on a locked realm but you cant transfer your alt there (irony) it really does prevent overcrowding not being able to play the characters you want. Tell me how that would increase the population. Thank you

I think I can counter that.

What if you have a level 2 alt you never play on there, I do on quite a few realms, and transfer your main at 80? You will be playing that a lot more on a busy realm and add another player to the total.

One thing Zabra would like would be that I can transfer my rogue from another server to Thekal… Since I be on Thekal already!

Please keep fresh out of the gen pop, we dont want your gdkp

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.