Long AV wait time

What’s going on with AV and the wait time? I see at times there’s only 3 or 4 battle instances playing when WSG has 20 or more. It’s impossible to get the marks I need to obtain more pixels

Well there’s no HvH in AV so queues are long. You only need a few AV marks for the pixels so that should be easy enough to get but you are missing out on the best honor/hour BG.

1 Like

It was AV weekend, maybe players are tired of PVE atm.

1 Like

Yet more lies from lazy people!
It’s not impossible to get the marks you need, it just takes longer!

Calling me lazy? Cheers pal! Okay, it’s become increasingly difficult this week. Better?

1 Like

You have it better than alliance, at least after entering a bg you got at least a 75% chance to walk out with 3 marks, i have to get my marks 1 by 1 to get my pixels, imagine geting 40 ab marks.

2 Likes

Imagine being Alliance complaining about BGs when you have instant access to honor farm in AV and win all games where Horde doesn’t make the effort to defend.

If we pretend that your hyperbole about a meager 25% win rate is correct, you can still collect BG marks at a rate of 15 per 10 games on average. If you can’t muster 20 games, on average (I don’t believe that Alliance has 25% win rate in general) for 30 marks when queues are instant day and night, that’s on you tbh.

1 Like

Working as intended. The demand for honor and BG marks is extremely limited with the TBC pvp system, unlike vanilla. The reputation is also pretty worthless in TBC.

You should do AV for the honor anyway. You get the marks basically for free.

Hordes arent defending in AV but neither are alliance, everyone just rushes and whoever starts enemy boss sooner ussualy wins. Not 100% win rate, but id say about 60%.

In ab after 16 games i had 26 marks, won 5 games lost 11, so yea about 30% win rate for me personally.

60%, yeah maybe, I suspect it’s higher than that. Either way, I had instant queues and not much luck with win rate and still bought the Frostwolf Howler on my warrior last weekend and I still felt that I should have done more for collecting honor at a quicker pace.

Either way, 16 games is a very small sample size, like upwards of 1000 games might give a better picture (statistics do be like that) so it’s a shame I can’t find any large data set on it. But even at that, 30% winrate as far as collecting marks goes, I don’t think that the rate at which you collect them should be seen as an issue in itself when queues are practically instant, even for Horde (except AV ofc). If we assume that an average AB game lasts 20 minutes, that’s still “only” 5 hours and 20 minutes invested for 26 marks in your case.

I’m personally more concerned about honor gain at this point for my warrior, been spamming AV weekend, got the 4k honor trinket and still lack towards the boots as my first piece. I feel it takes way too long to get a character competitive in PvP. I think PvP gear should be cheaper and S1 available for honor, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

Agree like I said I understand blizzard doesn’t want us to pvp gear instead of doing raid and pve content but back in the day we were able to farm season one after atime for honor and marks, give the players some incentive to continue playing random battlegrounds please blizzard !

Think for a moment why would any Alliance unless late night and bored would want to go in an AV when most people from both factions are already geared pvp and pve and on top of that your odd of winning are random and you might very easily fall on a turtle team not to discriminate any kind of people.

Not true. Alli win most games now. Easier to win for alli with tank/zerg rush tactic.

Shiro is talking about AB games, long BGs are very bad for instant que ally faction, you still can win but 5 players will be afk and you lose for sure. They want 2 min games for 1 mark reward. Njn human BG bots.

I must of played 10 Eye of the Storms today. Won 3 and those games were HvH. Alliance have really stepped up their game, while Horde seems to be all over the place. Horde seems to be good at zug zug but lacking when it comes to strategy

Luck of the draw, I amongst many still got to explain basic strat nearly everytime I enter and some smurfs write : strat ? We have to still explain how that bg work after all those years and that they use their crowd control and not hard cast right away, oh and the ally often just wait , huge horde bus incoming but somehow they just wait with like two peopel to defend which make it quickly a no base loss , GET some base and hold them before ALL going for a flag fight most of the time you won’t get !

That bg is really nerve breaking as Alliance it was often 40 marks needed 38 loss.

1 Like

back in TBC it was worse, alot worse, i am suprised how good is ally in BGs today.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.