Long awaited backpack locked behind 10 months of RAF

That better include loot box with Shadowmourne , Mythic Trial of Valor ensemble mog , Tusks of Neverdrop and Reigns on Never-vicble

the only thing its leading to more macrotransactions in future.

if people are willing to buy 120 euro backpacks you know that next time they will put in some 250 euro sh.it in game shop

because stop pretending that anyone will recruit anyone. when everybody who was coming back came back already for classic

haahahahah jezus good one :joy:

To echo everyones favorite store mount argument, there’s over 400 back transmogs in the game, just use those. This unique backpack is optional.

It’s not in the store though. It’s there for players who recruit other players to the game to work towards if they both pay and play for 10/12 months, or less if it’s more than one person being recruited.

The fact that some people are going to deliberately exploit the system and fraudulently recruit themselves on another account is neither here not there. Nor is it locked behind a ‘paywall’ as some like to say as all you need to do is pay the standard subscription for the set period of time.

As for it being long awaited, I cannot personally recall that many posts clamouring for a backpack transmog but then again I don’t pay much attention to transmog in game or out of game. I do think that this should have been a reward from archaeology but hopefully the next expansion will bring back meaningful professions once again.

They will, this will just be a test. They’ve said this stuff was in the works but put off due to legion artifacts. They’d be clowns to just make this cash shop only.

Not quite. After all the longer it takes them to add more options like this to the game the more likely people are to buy this one. There are role players and collectors that really want a backpack mog, given no other option for it they might just feel compelled to get this one.

I will make a prediction now and say we will get nothing like this backpack in the next two years.

runescape have better cape models then we do, they then put a 3D and detailed backpack model in RaF. Nah this thing can eff off. They also cancelled half of the raid sets, to make “raid themed” armor, which i mean some of it is on theme, but most of it is meh or straight up bad and the most recent one isn’t even that much on theme. So i’m gonna be pretty pissed when they pull things like this. Also wrote this in another similar thread, but it think it’s Worth repeating.

1 Like

I know, but maybe this’ll resonate with the people who don’t mind the store, now they have something to be salty about too. This is what being fine with double dipping leads to, more hoops, more exclusive items locked behind more money.

Again, it is not locked behind more money unless you deliberately go out to exploit the system and pay for it yourself. If you do the whole RaF experience in the spirit in which it is intended there is no extra payout for your or your RaF buddy(ies).

It is exclusive, I also think it shouldn’t be tied to RaF in the first place and you can question the moralistic values of Blizzard by putting this here but to try and say it is behind a ‘paywall’ or tied to the store etc is disingenuous.

Both you and blizzard know perfectly well a large amount of people are gonna recruit themselves. People aren’t gonna pass up on exclusive items otherwise no one would buy stuff on the store so it is more money.

I didn’t say it was tied to the store, my point was simply that hopefully some of the people who can’t see the problem with the store “gets it” now that blizz has put yet another thing in the game they can’t get simply by playing and this time they can’t even buy it in the store.

3 Likes

RAF was mainly sued to speed level and always was. The boosts we have now was priced based on the RAF method.

If people want to exploit a system to their own end then they should pay the price for doing so. It is between them and their wallets much like it is for the rest of the store.

Exactly, if it was considered an exploit then I doubt blizz would let you recruit your own e-mail address.

I don’t know what this has to do with anything. I don’t care what people do with their own money.

The fact that some people are going to exploit the RaF system by recruiting a second account of their own which will be dormant as soon as they have earned/bought the rewards that they want.

You can label it however you want, it doesn’t matter to me if someone recruits themselves, their friend, their dog. The point is that these unique carrots on a stick by having someone give blizz more money is becoming more commonplace and I can’t say I’m a fan.

1 Like

You know if after 15 years you still have friends willing to try WoW, then you did something wrong. They simply don’t want to. Most people I knew hated RPGs and MMO games for some weird reason but it was impossible to change their minds since they rather played sport, race, fighting and shooting games. This was already 10 years ago. They also couldn’t understand why I liked FPS games while I also played RTS with even more excitement!

I do hate those farm/life simulator games (Stardew Valley, my time in Portia) and all sportgames. With shooters I hate stuff like CoD, CS:GO and Overwatch but enjoyed Bioshock, Deadspace (horror aspect), The Darkness (dark and goth atmosphere and powers!), SOCOM, R6, Battlefield and Killzone (last one for the map variety). And racing games had to be amazingly fun (Need for Speed series, especialy underground and MW after those 2 I couldn’t find them fun anymore or burnout), quirky/weird (Wipeout) or realism (Gran Turismo). But all those cart games or other non-realism racing games? Nope.

They expect us to recruit ourselves at this point. WoW isn’t populair at all with the younger crowd anymore playing Forthnight. They are suprised that there are still games left that are SP or don’t have lootboxes (gambling) and/or microtransactions. They bully each other at school for not having skins from lootboxes. Yes this is reported at schools by teachers and parents, kids are pressured by each other to buy lootboxes for a skin. They dont play to enjoy but to show of they got lucky or had enough oney to gamble for said skin.

Well for that last crowd this is perfect they can show they wasted € 200 to get a mog by recruiting themselves. Also consider why the majority of countries banned RAF, you get rewarded for encouraging somebody else to spend money. So most of us won’t even be able even to get these ‘rewards’.

1 Like

Yeah… I’m not a fan of cosmetic items that cannot be obtained via gameplay. The backpack looks fun, the store mounts are lovely - but there should absolutely be a similar-quality option you can get via actually playing the game. Or at least loyalty.

In the past I’ve RAFed myself to get the rewards, not sure I’m gonna do that this time :laughing:

I have to say, as someone who really wants a backpack, this is really making me angry. I have recruited so many friends to play this game when there was no rewards at all for it. I don’t have anyone left to recruit because they all been playing and paying for Blizzard all these years (and still are). How about letting us link old friends, why not make it like, 5 years or longer as bnet friends and you can link your account to gain rewards as long as both are paying sub?