Long loading screen Tazavesh gambit within instance

Hello,

whenever I play Tazavesh gambit (2nd part), the loading screen after the 1st boss (and to a lesser extend 2nd boss) takes a very long time for me. I’m stuck in the white mist for 10sec+ before I can see anything again. Other players don’t seem to have the problem.

Is there any solution to this? I don’t have any other performance issues within the game.

5 Likes

The “usual suspects” here would be addons, especially if they’re operating on older/outdated cache data. A “real” connection issue would usually also cause symptoms elsewhere in the game - Tazavesh doesn’t have anything special going on in terms of connection requirements, and an actual issue with the zone itself would generally affect every player (not just select individuals).

Clearing the addons out would therefore most likely be worth a shot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Veadsarias, thanks for the fast reply! I will try to find a solution and reset my cache. Hopefully it’s fixed the next time I am in the dungeon.

I was about to post with the same issue. I’m running on an older laptop at the moment and have grown used to long loading times/freezes/fps drops when starting keys but gambit is borderline unplayable for me.

When the key starts, because we are essentially tp’d to another area I’m stuck in a load screen. When that finishes I then get the countdown and stuff for the key to start even though it already has and the rest of the group are ahead and pulling.

Even then, I have next to no fps for a good few minutes. As mentioned above, when going through the portals between bosses, I’m also stuck with the white mist for a good few minutes each time.

I had put it down to hardware issue to be honest as I am on a laptop that is a good few years old. Whilst the slowdown is annoying in other keys it is still playable after the first pull when I get my fps back but this instance is kinda unplayable for me at the moment.

Just wondered on any suggestions etc or if I’m kinda screwed cos of old hardware.

It definitely isn’t impossible for this to be related to hardware performance - the zone does have rather complex/dense environments, most of which would be loaded into memory during the transition phase. That said, if the computer properly meets the requirements of WoW things shouldn’t be nearly as dire as described here. Odds are something else may be going on that affects performance, and addons can be a lot more impactful in that regard than it might seem.

I would add to this as this happens to me as well and I have some additional observations.

My loading is slightly slower than average across all zones than most people, because of hardware. But not at problem levels. What I have observed though is where loading also comes with an additional effect, like the shimmering into the Gambit zone, or the red shimmering through the portal in Castle Nathria, then that hits what I assume is a bug in the transition.

What I observe is that I transition at some point, I can now move around, but some internal timeout of the shimmering resolution must have timed out. Because it will now stay shimmering for a full minute and I am effectively blind. In Castle Nathria, if the shimmering got ‘stuck’ after the transition, nothing but a restart would fix it. At least now in Gambit, the shimmering seems to time out eventually after about a minute.

So my observation is for longer than normal transitions with a shimmering effect. There’s a shimmering bug that renders you blind for an extremely long time, even after you’ve transitioned.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insight. I have since then been in many groups and met a lot of people who also have the same “bug”. I guess it could be due the sparkling effect or just that the new zone takes a lot of time to load especially on weaker computers.

Other than upgrading my PC I don’t think there is a solution. Would be nice if the whole dungeon could “pre-load” when first entering the dungeon.

1 Like

Some of my friends have had this same issue, it does seem to be addon/interface corruption-related. Normally, a reset of the games UI will resolve it for any of them affected.

Today my loading screen was significantly faster than before. I also noticed a rather big upgrade in the launcher 1-2 days ago. Maybe something got fixed/improved? Is it better for anyone else?

hello hello, i have the same problem as the loading screen shines after first and second boss in gambit, as a tank well i lose some seconds, not a bad thing but still pissing me off, i still saw health bars of adds so its kinda fine
i tried the fix veadsarias posted but it didnt do anything , my computer is kinda new, i have no problem with other things unless the loooooong loading screen of dalaran legion which i’m not the only one having it too , sure i use a fine number of addons but it doesnt make my game slower or something, dont really know how to fix this
so if someone has a potentiel fix , i’m up

I’m also having the issue described in the first post. Only happens in this dungeon, extremely frustrating, I am avoiding playing this dungeon because of this issue.

Having the same issue and Vead’s “fix” doesnt solve it :frowning:

Anyone found a real solution to this yet? :slight_smile:

1 Like

nope. i guess its a case of “get a better pc”

Hello. Pc has nothing to do with it, for some reason iv had that same problem, only and only in gambit second part as mentioned above.

same problem but sometimes very rarely it loads quickly and other times its back to taking forever.

Hey, I have had the same problem since the dungeon released. Getting extremely frustrating. Any fixes that work yet?

The only way around it per now is pre-enter on M+0, but you have to go all the way and kill 1st boss, then pre-load the long never-ending-tp-animation. Don’t log out and you can now join a key and get “fast” loading-screen.

Hi. Same issue as the original post. Delay in mist/phasing after 1st boss.

Did anyone find a resolve yet?

So far, in all cases we investigated, the root cause was found to be excessive addon interactions essentially bogging down the game client. Particularly notable “culprits” were WeakAuras and some custom “boss-mod” style UI-mods, but it is likely that a lot of lesser popular addons could have very similar impact.