Looking for a new monitor

Hello everyone,

can someone advise me in choice of a new monitor?

Im mostly playing WoW, would love a 24", 144hz one with as realistic colors as they can be. Any recommendations?

I also have different question, do I really need monitor with G-Sync or FreeSync to eliminate screen tearing in WoW?
Currently i have 60hz LG monitor 22" plugged into GTX 1060 and im suffering horrible tearing and turning on Vsync causes unplayable input lag.

thanks!

yeah to have no tearing you need vsync, gsync or freesync, vsync not being fantastic due to what you’ve mentioned. that being said, tearing is way less noticeable at 144hz than it is at 60hz.

freesync monitors don’t have a premium so may as well get it, cause you can use it on nvidia cards now too. just make sure it’s displayport, gsync doesn’t work over hdmi and some freesync monitors only have hdmi.

watch this too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BM0P7J1EPM

I use a 21:9 display (wider than the “normal” displays) and that’s rocking for WoW. It’s LG34uc88 at 3440x1440 but there are also smaller and cheaper 2560 x 1080. So you also can check such option.

144Hz will mostly be TN with less than ideal colors or very expensive IPS. IMHO ultrawide is more value than high refresh rate, especially when on average it will be hard to have > 100 FPS in WoW when actually doing something :slight_smile:

not used an ultrawide but basically nothing would make me give up high refresh. you don’t even need 100 fps for it to be a huge difference. just massively more fluid in every situation, both ingame and on the desktop.

Well, it’s a 75Hz with that resolution and I see LG 34UC79G-B at 144Hz 1080p ultrawide or AOC AG352QCX that is 200Hz ultrawide 1080p. And going up with price you can get higher resolutions too.

Some of the best review sources are pcmonitors.info and tftcentral .co.uk (can’t post links so just remove that space for second one)

Hardware unboxed from that yt link also have good monitor reviews.

For your second question, I am not sure what nVidia has in drivers today (most likely same stuff as 8+ years ago), but you can always try with RTSS frame limiter and/or adaptive vsync from nV driver. For nV card, that is all that you can try on software side since more advanced methods are not available for nV cards.

Thanks for feedback guys!
As looked up a bit and it seems there are no 24" IPS with 144hz monitors :confused:

Because of my eyes condition im a little afraid of buying bigger screen than 24" because ill have to sit so close to it to see everything clearly.

You can always change your ui scale in game so everything will get bigger :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.