Looking to buy a new computer

Hello,

I am currently playing on a laptop and even with all the graphic settings etc set to 1 I’m still only at 15 fps. It becomes completely unplayable in packed dungeons or when certain raid events occur and the fps can drop to about 5.

Therefor I’m looking to buy a desktop that can run WoW perfectly with good settings etc and still get good fps.(WoW is the only game that I play atm)
Since I don’t know an awful lot about computer requirements and stuff I was hoping that I could get some suggestions here.
I was thinking about spending something around 1000-1500ish euros.
I was looking at these: coolblue.be/en/desktops/intel-core-i7-processor
But I have no idea which ones are good or not for WoW.
Thanks

Laptops can also run WoW, just depends what components a laptop has. Desktop will be cheaper, although retailer prebuild systems will carry some brand “tax”. GTX 1070 or better with one of recent i7 (or Ryzens) will do well.

As it happens I went for a Ryzen myself and it’s superb. Remember it’s processor that’s more important than RAM for gaming. Prior to that I was in a laptop too and it’s only around a year ago that the min requirements pushed too far beyond what it could cope with. Look up reviews for anything you consider, there will always be good and bad points with anything. One of the kids built their own but to be honest it’s a lot of faffing about to build a machine that isn’t all that big a saving.

What resolution and FPS are you targetting? 1000-1500 will get you somewhere along the way but you’ll have to prioritize some stats (ram/gpu/cpu) over others with that price range if you intend to buy everything new

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.