Loot in Raid and Mythic +

after 2 months in SL the joy that a new expansion is live is turning to irritation.
why?

1: the loot system and the drop rate is too low. after 2 months I still have not got any loot. the gear I have is from normal mythic and weekly chest. i raid HC every week and no loot there. i run mythic + and no loot there. so I have STOPED. its not fun to spend so much time. do so many mythic runs, raid, and never get any loot. don’t you want the players to have fun in-game???

In BFA i run so many Mythic + but never get any loot. i geared up from my weekly.
is this ok?
play year after year and get ok gear when the expansion is almost over.
is this a joke???

i am not playing a new expansion and have the same problem that I had since panda expansion. if I spend time in a game I want a reword. i want a loot. something. something that will make me happy and makes me want do more content, more raid, or mythic. not 35 anima after 5 hours raid or M+. srsly???
the enima should be a lot more cause we need anima for everything in SL,
is the idea that ppl can buy that cosmetic in the year 2023?

right now I am considering leaving this game after 15 years. i am not playing a new expansion with this loot system. i dont want to have the gear I need in 1 year or 2. i want a loot when I do raid or mythic +. i am not saying on every boss or run.
but at least every 3 runs in mythic and at least 1 loot in Raid per week.

i am not along with this feeling. people are pissed and many old players want to leave already.
change this now Blizz or lose the old players that never left this game and been with you from start.
do a hotfix or next reset. change the drop rate. add more loots in Raid and M+.
let ppl have fun in-game.

2: torgast and TC.
i have the legendary i need and the mount now. i will NOT go in there again. no 1 in my guild will do the content again.
why?
there is no loot. no rewords. TC is unbalanced. it takes too much time.
so if I don’t get any loot or something why should i do the content again?
the place is cool. you have done a great job. but you should add a loot system like mythic + so ppl run it for the loot. for cosmetics and so on. in a few weeks when ppl have the legendary they need and the mount. no 1 will run these floors.
so if you want this to be interesting, add loots that start from 200 as soonest possible to keep is alive.

i hope you read this and take this problem seriously and make the changes to make SL the best expansion, it has the potential. it just needs some small changes and tweaks.

5 Likes

“let ppl have fun in-game”
The problem with this is: It is very noticable that Blizzard does not want the player to have fun.
What they care about is a metric called customer engagement. They only want you to spend time. Because the more time you spend (regardless of having fun with it) the more likely you are to subscribe longer.
Why? Because people are then commited to the game and it takes them a long time to realize that the game has become shi t, and Blizzard only cares to make sure to make everything as tedious as possible (to increase engagement aka time wasted).

Basically they have jumped onto the neocapitalist way of drawing money out of people who become addicted, or in some way take advantage of players looking for achievements online.

The people at Blizzard who cared for the players to make sure they have fun, are long gone. They were either pushed our or left on their own accord.

If you need examples for this: Look at Torghast, the maw, the unbelievably frustrating mob scaling that only makes sure people need forever to achieve a certain goal. The timegating, the grind, etc.

All Blizzard does is stretch things out more and more, so people need more and more time for the same stuff - over and over again. They dont care if they lose some players to that, because for a few years this method is a goldmine, until people realize they are being manipulated / abused.

3 Likes

tldr lootwhine and “need” the mount from TC (hint, no you don’t)

1 Like

If you’re going to quit, then quit. It’s your time, your money, and your business. We don’t need to know about it.

i can see from your profile and collection that you dont raid or m15+ so you dont know what i am talking about. so dont spend your time, come here and read.

There is an easy way to fix all problems. At least for m+ in my opnion. They should change the system to a variant on the pvp system.

1. Only m0 drops gear. The gear you get is at rank 1 and ilvl 184.

2. M+ gives you a currency to upgrade rank 1 mythic dungeon gear. The higher m+ you do the more currency you get. A run in time will give more currency than a run out of time. Furthermore the currency is based on the dungeon timer. Dungeons with longer timers reward more currency. This way all dungeons keep their value for M+.

3. Like with pvp your skill (rating/highest m+) will decide to which rank you can upgrade gear. For example you have a trinket from Halls of Atonement. You can upgrade that trinket to a rank related to the highest Halls of Atonement you cleared in time. The item rank is related to the dungeon where the item is found. So people can’t buy a boost from the easiest dungeon and upgrade all there gear to max level.

4. Use the following ranks.
    Rank 1 - M0 - ilvl 184
    Rank 2 - M2 - ilvl 186
    Rank 3 - M3 - ilvl 188
    Rank 4 - M4 - ilvl 192 (bigger jump due to finishing with affix)
    Rank 5 - M5 - ilvl 194
    Rank 6 - M6 - ilvl 196
    Rank 7 - M7 - ilvl 200 (bigger jump due to finising with two affixes)
    Rank 8 - M8 - ilvl 202
    Rank 9 - M9 - ilvl 204
    Rank 10 - M10 - ilvl 210 (bigger jump due to finising with the seasonal affixes)
    Rank 11 - M11 - ilvl 212
    Rank 12 - M12 - ilvl 214
    Rank 13 - M13 - ilvl 216
    Rank 14 - M14 - ilvl 218
    Rank 15 - M15 - ilvl 220
    Rank 16 - M16 - ilvl 222
    Rank 17 - M17 - ilvl 224
    Rank 18 - M18 - ilvl 226
    Rank 19 - M19 - ilvl 229 (only for weapons)
    Rank 20 - M20 - ilvl 233 (only for weapons)

If Blizzard does this, the Mythic Dungeon gearing path if similar to pvp and would be great. Or at least way better.

6 Likes

I forgot two changes. The vault and anima reward.

First the vault. The vault rewards should have the same rank as the dungeon you finished. So if your highest 4 runs are 10, 9, 9 and 8. The first option should be a rank 10 item (so ilvl 210) and the second option should be a rank 8 item (so ilvl 202). Futhermore the loot tables used should contain only dungeons you finished at that rank. If you finished only Sangiun Depths on m10 than you first option will be from Sangiun Depths. If you finished 5 dungeons on 8 or higher, than the second option will be from those dungeons. The loot table is not weekly based but all time.

A nice to have would be if you don’t have an option you want, that you can get 50% of the currency that it would take to upgrade to the rank of option 1.

Last I would really like it if the anima amount you get at the end of the dungeon would be related to the level of the m+ so m10 gives more anima than m2.

2 Likes

I hope they’ll do this. This system is already in the game in PvP and they receive nothing but positive feedback for it. The only thing I would change is that I think it should require multiple timed keys to gain a rank. For example, you should complete 20 +18 keys to gain rank 18. It’s too easy to just complete one key in my opinion.

I don’t like the 20 completions. For example if you unlock rank 14 with 20 completions, you would need another 20 completions for rank 15. Let’s say you need to progress one rank at a time from rank 10 onwards. You would need 400 completions to get to rank 20. Doing 10’s and higher in time isn’t that easy for everybody.

That would mean 3200 completions for all 8 dungeons. With one to unlock. If you need to progess each m+ from 10 and higher you would need 80 completions IN time to reach rank 20. Let’s say you finish 50% in time that would mean 160 completions. I think that is more than enough.

You’re getting very specific now. I did say “for example”. Take everything I say with a grain of salt. Of course I want the system to be reasonable :slight_smile:

But similar to the PvP system I think it should still require a lot of effort to gain the ranks. To gain the highest ranks you should definitely have to finish a decent amount of key at the high end. In my opinion.

I think the system I propose will require a similar effort as PVP. If you have a dedicated high quality RBG group 2400 rating doesn’t require that much effort. At least what I heard from pvpers. If you don’t have that, it requires a lot of effort.

The same will be for mythic+. If you have a dedicated group who completely mastered their class and know all dungeons it won’t be that much work. If you have to pug it, it will be a herculean task.

But that is nothing different from mythic raiding. If you have a dedicated roster you will clear it in two weeks (if I remember correctly). Others probably won’t even clear it before patch 9.1.

If you say it should require a lot of effort, please define for who it should require a lot of effort. If it should require a lot of effort for the top 1% or top 5%, it will be undoable or unreasonable for the majority of players.

And Blizzard could always start with this setup and change it if needed. I just hope they do something soon, but at the moment at lot of people I play with including myself are losing the motivation to do mythic+ while we had fun at the beginning of the season.

I really like your idea.Blizzard must implement this.That way pushing keys above 15 won’t be worthless.

It’s hard to define effort. All I’m saying (without getting too specific) is that I don’t think making the highest gear available to M+ should mean that it’s easy to get it. I’m fine with the majority of players not being able to get a 233 weapon. That’s how it should be in my humble opinion. I would hate to see someone getting boosted in one single +20 key and then following having 233 weapons available. But I think 233 weapons should be available to the very best M+ players who are pushing high keys. That would also give the rest of us something to aim for without necessarily being able to get it.

But isn’t that already the case with raiding? People getting boosted and getting stuff they don’t have the skills for?

I totally agree with you, but in my opinion Blizzard should change their policy so that boosting in not in line with their policy and can lead to a ban. To a certain extend WoW is pay-to-win. There are people buying gold with real money and using the gold to get boosted.

I don’t think +20 boosts are offered earlier or cheaper than last boss mythic raid boosts.

There’s always people who will get carried either because they compensated for it, or because they’re good friends with the lead, or even because there are people who play the game specifically to help carry others to the goals that they may not be able to get on their own as quick. In short, yes, boosting is a thing and it won’t go away, even if boosting-for-gold gets banned, because there are so many easier and cheaper ways to get a boost. Like, yesterday I watched a stream of a guy who carried three groups to Curve completely for free, simply because he enjoyed doing it and considered it a way of “giving back to the community”.

That’s a good thing. It keeps the game alive.

There’s also the fact that just because someone has “a low RIO score” or “hasn’t done the content before” doesn’t mean that they don’t have skills or that they are “bad”, that’s just a little lie people like telling themselves to feel superior. Realistically, the only way to tell how “good” the player is, is to play with them.

I would also like to see boosts being scaled down in general. But that’s probably not going to happen.

All I can say for now is that it might already be happening with raiding but one bad thing shouldn’t justify another bad thing. In my opinion.

Ok, maybe a change would be that the weapon upgrades become available if you completed all dungeons within time. Doing all 8 in +20 in time is hard and should reward a 233 weapon.

I wouldn’t build systems with boosters in mind.

But they will be there. Always. Sometimes even completely legit, like “people who just like to do it”, or “friends boosting the newbie they just got into the game”.

You need to account for them.

+20 boosts are already up for sale if you’re willing to pay out 5m per dungeon. Denathrius is only up for pre-booking though

I still have hope that blizz does want us to have fun in their game but you’re right. They should dump the business KPIs and fire all of the marketing staff babbling about fancy numbers. The game was selling itself in the past because the focus was on delivering a product which gives the masses a funny experience.

Thorghast is the missed opportunity of a lifetime and I cannot understand how someone can f*#? it up so bad. It could have been the most engaging solo player content an I would run it over and over again if there was some token or reward for doing so. I cleared the 8 layers of TC and it was really really fun. I’d love to go in there again but not without something and with something I do not think of anima. I mean charakter progression (Tokens, Loot that I really need)

1 Like