Loot Trading in Classic *Updated*

I wish Blizzard’s position about recreating WoW Classic would be consistent, which is not the case. Means if you do changes, do it completely.
By doing changes you already screwed classic.
If you wish some improvements, just do it, give us better classic expirience. You could even fix that classic LFD gossip tool, which was introduced in patch 1.5, making it work. It would be still authentic to classic. But I doubt you would, so it won’t be classic in that case anymore. Like in many other cases in fact.
At the end, no matter how you going to screw up your old game, it will be last flash before shut down.
I wish everyone could understand Heraclitus: “No man ever steps in the same river twice”.

I wish people like you realize that we live in 2019, and ancient sayings from 3,000 years ago do not apply in today’s world.

Especially VIDEO GAMES world.

it was said about river of time, which doesn’t change direction ever.
Heraclitus around 500 BCE could understand it, but some people calling themselves “modern” can not.

1 Like

Except that you used it in a context that have nothing to do with time. This thread is about a compromise on loot trading…not about reliving Vanilla.

We already know that Classic is not Vanilla, and Vanilla cannot be relived.

Your entire diatribe about a some dude that allegedly said something 2,500 years ago, about TIME, have no place in a thread in 2019 about a feature in a video game.

I understand a lot more than you think, and in my 46 years on this world, I read MUCH MORE than you can also believe.

I just don’t use random sayings, that are true in certain contexts, in contexts that are clearly not suitable to those sayings.

Would it be possible to change the timer from 2 hours to about 10 minutes? That way, people wont have the time to make shady deals after raids. And tbh, if you give people the wrong loot by mistake. It shouln’t take 2 hours to correct the issue.

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

Everything in life has to to with time, since our world has 4 dimensions, one of which is time.
So, of course, gameworld is impacted by time too.
I’m wondering, I have to explain this basics.
But it seems, in modern orwellian world “ignorance is power” indeed.

They don’t have to do it AFTER raids. They can do it right after. Easy.

And tbh, if you give people the wrong loot by mistake. It shouln’t take 2 hours to correct the issue.

No, but the 2 hrs window is not ONLY for fixing a mistake. The 2 hour window also counts for the unexpected : the loss of the internet connection, power loss, etc., anything that can affect a player’s ability to log into the game.

Sure, 2 hours seems too long…for you. But it is not about you, actually. For others, 10 minutes is too short. What is my power drops? And it’s back in 15 minutes? Than what? Ask Blizzard for a 15 minute trade window?

Sure, it won’t happen often, maybe not even once…but IT CAN HAPPEN.

The 2 hours window is nothing but a number. It could be 10 minutes or 48 hours. It doesn’t change anything. And especially it doesn’t change the possibility that you think will happen.

A shady deal for the loot is ALREADY MADE before the raid starts. It takes 5 seconds to trade an item.

But it’s 2 hours to cover (as much as possible) EXTERNAL FACTORS that can take place, like losing power or internet connection.

You know, IT HAPPENS.

Now, smart guy, please explain to me, the ignorant, the RELEVANCE of " “No man ever steps in the same river twice” in the context of LOOT TRADING.

Do that, and I will admit I am an ignorant.

Don’t do it, and admit that you are nothing but some guy that is full of it and it’s using a classic saying because he is unable to use his own words to express an idea.

try to read this:

once again

I am completly fine with this loot system only affecting raid loots since 99% of the cases its handed out from master loot anyway.
What concerns me is if this will affect dungeons like UBRS and Scholomance wich was dungeons that could take 10 and 15 players.

1 Like

Can’t even go to bed without a there being a Classic update.

Finish us off Taepsy.

Do a sharding update. Then do one on right click reporting.

All leading up to a K.O. by a Release Date announcement.

You know you wanna do it.

Seriously though, actual feedback;

I like this, because it’s a compromise and not the same as the runaway loot system on Nu-WoW.

I hate this, because it’s a compromise. Little compromises over the years is how the current version of WoW got to where it is.

Also can we get a clarification on how this will affect places like LBRS & UBRS, as well as world bosses, BoE items as well as just looting in the open world while in raid?

Cool!

Thanks.

1 Like

Keep the updates coming. :slight_smile:

Great decision.
Thank you for the update, keep 'em coming! <3

good job, one down, 2 to go - right click report with automated punishment and sharding cannot go in!

1.5 AV would be nice to ^^

1 Like

Pretty smart. I was thinking about an ML only loot trading but this works well since its basically

Thank you Blizzard, for listening to the community about this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anybody know when will they release the game? Other than Summer 2019 which is quite general.
Most of the vanilla players are now older, some of us are studying, others are working, etc.
If they release the game by the end of the summer, i feel like people won’t actually spend as much time as they want playing it. This is because summer holidays will almost be over, and people will be returning to their priorities.
Just an idea i had here. Cheers

Thanks for this change

1 Like

I dont think we couldve asked for anything more really. Limiting it to a raid environment means nothing in the grand scope of things. Its really impressive how much the devs are actually listening to feedback and discussion. First the content release cycle and now this? It speaks volumes to us as the community about how seriously you are taking it. I think sharding is the last thorn in classic so hopefully thatll get sorted as well.

1 Like

One thought which just popped into my mind, and I’m sure I’m not the first, is that this decision and the one announced at BlizzCon indicate Blizzard are expecting a playerbase for Classic which is similar or greater than the live version.

Loot trading was added in WotLK if I’m not mistaken, when subscriptions were at an all time high. This addition helped alleviate the resource costs of customer service, we are told.

If Classic was expected to have a low playerbase, would loot trading have been uttered as even a whisper? I don’t believe so. This newest decision, which keeps loot trading but compromises to appeal more to the Classic community, is a wonderful sign for a great future.

The hushed voices and crazy ramblings written on the wall may carry more weight than ever before.

Classic will be the most popular and played version of World of Warcraft!

Dun dun duuuuun!

giggles