Low dps getting kicked

hey,

i do get kicked as unholy in mythic+ because my damage is too low. I watched guides and trained my rotation with the training dummy but i cant get anyhwere near what other classes do. the main issue i have is that i run out of runes and then have to wait for a couple seconds before actually doing something again… I want to get more haste but the gear that I get from m+ is always crit or versatility… How the fk can i participate in this expansion when people keep kicking me for being unholy.

Paladin is a viable alternative even for mythic+ aoe. Level this alt to 120 and go my talent build and azerite traits))

Dealing damage as unholy requires a lot of preparations and making decisions in advance. Basically, you might want to spend RP on death coil each time you have 2-3 empty runes, in order to rotate scourge strike and DC to avoid rune starvation. As far as I know you will still have those empty windows, but soul reaper helps to close them a bit more frequently.
Also, don’t be so obsessed with applying festering wounds each time you do aoe, esp if you don’t use bursting sores, so sometimes it’s more important to land a few extra SS with DnD even w\o wounds, if you’re running out of runes, but need that damage right now. Don’t forget to use dark succor each time it procs and you have more than 2-3 empty runes.

It sucks, that Actiblizzion removed rune generation from apocalypse. Would be so much better.

I already made this joke before but…

Do you not have bones?

what do you mean? bone shield? im unholy!!

strange, usualy poping apocalypse followed by DnD and scourge strike/clawing shadows spam should get u high on dps in trash

and army is already very usefull for bosses punch.

can u link ur DK, maybe me or some1 else can help u

the rune starve part is managable, but with low haste u need to track runic corruption procs, so cast 1 death coil and see if u proc runic corruption, if u do then dont DC right away because u risk wasting rune regen from corruption procs

also, are u using unholy frenzy and saving soul reaper for free runes? SR should be used for free runes, not for dmg. using SR only when u got 5 or 6 runes on CD because it will always choose 2 ones that are not regening.
imagine u got 5 depleted runes, 3 will be regening and 2 will be just depeleted waiting for their turn to regen, SR will pick these last 2 runes

1 Like

Go epidemic and hellchain spec,all you need is some practice,start with putting up 1 epidemic,2x FS,pop unholy frenzy,apocalypse stricke,spam the fell out of scourge strike,also pop army if u haven around the same time as apocalypse have the trait that u dmg when ur ghouls expire= load of dmg

Try to also make your own groups. Get RaiderIO and then you can start to pick out the good ones. More likely you’ll have an enjoyable experience whilst learning your class/spec. This is pretty f*cked up expansion due to all the RNG surrounding e.g azerite traits which can have an enormous effect on your dps. Regardless, just keep training at it since nothing comes off easy. Plan and prioritise your runes. (Give us Legion UH back!)

Download Hekili, it’s pretty good for Unholy DK right now. Just make sure you toggle on the “cooldowns” from the toggle menu.

Use it for a while, learn the rotation and uninstall.

I do that with classes that are hard to learn and have complicated spells and rotations (Unholy DK, Sub Rogue, …)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.