Low fps after latest hotfix patch

Since wow last updated, I’ve had significantly lower fps, running on lowest graphics (1) I would normally get 99fps, even in dungeons consistently before the update, now it dips down to 65. Another place is the mechagon hub, 40fps. My partner also experiencing the same issue on thier pc. Not running anything else other than wow, and have mid- high end pc: ryzen 7 2700x, 6gb 1060 nvidia, 16gb ram, win 10. Ssd.
My partners pc is even higher spec than mine. All was fine before the patch? Pcs are fully updated. Anyone else having this problem?

1 Like

Same issues, but a long term past +6 months.

Got a brand new alienware pc about two years ago, got +80 fps out of the box. Now returning to old raids, (with all drivers updated to latest versions…) I get at best 15 fps - Blizzard is a joke when it comes to performance tuning.

1 Like

Actually this is serious problem, i usually have 100+fps, but this morning 29-30. What the hell is going on? It is unplayable

UPDATE: lol my problem wasn’t on blizz side at all, yesterday i just simply turn back from TV to PC and accidentally chose “Duplicate” not “PC screen only”, that’s why i had 30 fps, now back to normal 150-200

1 Like

I have since discovered the patch auto changed it to Direct X 12, switching back to Direct X 11 seems to have fixed the problem. My frames where was it were before the patch, so is the other computer. If anyone has similar, try this!

A small call-out here, regarding DirectX - on most videocards built from about 2018 onwards DirectX 12 is usually providing better frame-rates than any of the predecessor versions.

Your actual mileage may vary for a ton of reasons, including everything else apart from the videocard thats installed in the PC, but it does pay off experimenting with the settings now and then (especially when newer drivers for the video card or Windows updates have happened).

1 Like