Low rating post (1500-1600)

These are the guys i m losing by … https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/hashtagleggo
He did no fear, no cc, only pure damage with his superb pve gear, more than his rogue… I tried my best but i lost …
What should i do to win these guys ?
(i dont play pve at all)
https://postimg.cc/PNtqvBgH

See, there’s your problem.

You can’t be successful in PvP without playing PvE in BfA, it’s literally not possible. Not even the best can do it.

7 Likes

Are you holy? Play with a fire mage, ele or destro. If you play with anything else, worse a melee, you will automatically lose in dampening.

from the looks of the damage meter it looks like the enemy priest used schism 4-6 times and right off cooldown. you cant just sit in the open and eat the damage from a disc priest, especially one that is using schism (40% increased damage done for 9seconds).

interrupt schism or damage after schism, cc, focus on positioning so that the priest is out of los or better yet, position so that the dps has to get out of los of their healer to continue hitting you.

disc rouge will usually try to put out alot of damage and end the game quickly, if your teammate gets kidney shot in the open try to grip them behind a pillar to reduce damage taken from both priest and rouge.

yes gear is somewhat important but even with your inferior gear you should be able to beat them if they are just doing damage and not ccing as you said.

also i would recommend you switch to disc for arena, disc is one of the harder if not the hardest healer to learn for someone thats just starting but atleast its somewhat viable in 2s, holy is the weakest of healers.

Is holy really the weakest? I heard it works with casters and saw it played with casters a few times.

It is the weakest. I think the only good comp you can play is destro+holy which is also really disgusting to play against.

1 Like

It’s really good with caster cleave cause your only weakness is while getting trainer you can’t top you.

I saw on gcd TV à Korean team playing jungle with a holy vs fireRmpala if I’m right they won some games.

The healing is insanely strong but everything comes from greater heal.

I had a go as holy last night with a few casters and it’s good it just needs coordination. Very strong vs hpala.

All this is elementary arena knowledge. You may have noticed however that my partner warlock could not run behind the pillars and he shouldn’t as he plays in the open . You may have noticed also that not only priest did more damage than his rogue but as much as the destro lock…

I dont play with greater heal. I play more fluently without.

I play with random people, fluctuating thus like a cosine function from 1480 to 1580 … lol

What is fun though is the rare moments i can win those big fat geared raiders.
hoho…

1 Like

You have to play with greater heal this is what makes hpriest able to play in arena otherwise this is just not viable at all.

Play as holy with a destro or Firemage.
Play with greater heal, so the enemy has to choose what to kick.

1. You cast greater Heal, ur mate casts Chaosbolt/Graterpyro.
  2. Hallo rating

The issue with that is that all those casts are so damn long that you will most definitely get kicked or loose los.
I hate playing against destro lock but if there is a holy priest it suddenly becomes one of the easiest comps to play against from my experience (playing disc/mage - disc/rouge - disc/feral)

Yes i agree for the most part the lock should be in the open sending those fat bolts but they should be in a position where the priest needs to push in enough that they can punish them any time they come in to do some damage, it doesnt necessarily mean they need to lure the rouge behind a pillar but atleast far away enough from a pillar that the priest cant just dps and then easily los the bolts.

yes, im not saying its not viable but out of all the healers i would consider it the weakest.

Well tbh every class got a weakness (especially dh maybe xD), I think it’s more about viability in comps and hpriest is pretty much stuck with caster only and probably only good at high rating with destro/mage in 3s for example when the other can play pretty much everything.

And ofc because this spec is not popular, if someone would play it at awc for example a d did really good; then we will start to see a ton of hpriest few days after.

Depends what you mean. Obviously you’re not gonna hit R1 in 3v3.
But for 2v2 it’s in my opinion very good healer.
I hit 1850 with it just for elite mog (I don’t play any clothie, so I hit it with Priest) and it was quite easy.

I reached that with a help from a Rogue who didn’t have 1750 achievment yet.

The only think you’ll struggle to is Rsham because of Purge and Kick. But I didn’t try to play with the kick immunity Area spell, maybe that’d help.

It s not. I m struggling to get above 1550, mostly because of mana. I played some matches, by mostly casting the least mana eating spell, meaning just “Heal”. The enemy healer had all these times about 30-50% mana while i was empty.

you don’t do that. You play greater heal and stay max range all game. It’s the easiest with a destro.

1 Like

I played greater heal too. Mana is over even faster. (But i play with random people)

Although Greater Heal does cost more mana, it also heals for muuuuuch more.
So while Heal saves you mana, it heals for such a low amount that you need to cast more… which leads to it not saving you mana actually but costing more. It’s better to learn when to Greater Heal.

DON’T play Light of the Naaru talent. Play Apoehteughrsis (or however it’s called), that saves you mana a lot, when you can’t cast Greater Heal and need to spam Flash heal or Heal to use Power Word: Whatever (the one that heals for 50k+ instant cast) to heal you.

I also played first row Renew talent and second row Renew talent (first one i believe makes every your heal refresh Renew and the second one guarantees you 10% DR when you have Renew on yourself.

If you learn to rotate cooldowns, you can actually avoid quite a lot of stuff and win, Conflict & Strife is also huge help since Holy Ward was 9/10 pick now it can be 10/10 and have 2 charges of Power Word.

It’d also help if you told us how you lost and who died. Judging from your talent choices and your gear I’d say you died. But then you say you oom, so it makes me believe your partner died. Usually when you die it’s your fault and when your partner died it’s his fault. But he can help a lot if he knows what’s your goal. AKA CC targets so you can Greater Heal… I don’t think it’s necessary but it might help you if you have trouble doing that.

Also very huge thing is fake casting. It’s necessary to know when to fake cast and when to get kicked, generally it’s good to try to Mind Control and bait kick and then Greater Heal. If they don’t fall for it, then you MC them away and either fake with Heal if it’s Mage or Rogue or Warr, or let yourself be kicked by DK, DH etc. since their kick lasts so low that it’s not worth faking.

Also when you get kicked you can always reduce damage by MCing enemy, but be careful, it doesn’t generally help that much against DK (too much pets) or Druids (kitty form can actually tear you badly).

Try to CC so you can get back your cooldowns, Fade and Guardian have low CD (guardian if you don’t “die” that is).

Playing Hpriest is generally hard because you have to know what to counter and how, but it’s doable and if you know it well, it’s actually great healer, I had easier time capping 1800 as Hpriest than Disc, I actually rerolled simply because Disc requires more synergy imo and support to get fast kill, while Hpriest is self-sufficient.

Get more Versatility.

2 Likes