M+ as a Holy

Understood but I think about e.g. the 3rd boss of SD, and seeing that pugs are very hard with the 3 yellow orbs. When I can only take 2, I’m scr***d? :smiley: so many times on my mainI see DPS taking more than 3 orbs.

For defensive options you have fade (with the conduit) that does damage reduction. Also use desperate prayer when needed.

For m+ the Flash Concentration legendary is highly recommended. Together with the Trail of Light talent you are able to keep your group up easy. It will cost way less mana and the HPS is higher than our AOE spells.

Also don’t be afraid to use your holy word spells, don’t just keep them for emergency.

1 Like

I use [Divine Image]which wi;; replicate versions of spells you cast, both damage and healing, and prioritise injured allies where possible. You can use this to contribute both damage and healing, depending on the situation.

I have enough healing to easly complete m+ content. I have enough single target and AoE healing. +10 is very easy to heal. I have pvp gear, BoE epics, some drops from mythic+ and convent gear.

The healing feels easy. I can heal a tank in blues and epics with heal. If the tank has the correct gear, spec and talents. Some tanks kite very well and require little in the way of healing. Others will take massive random hits you need to keep on top of.

Flash Concentration sims the same as Divine Image. So I have ignored FC for a more balanced build.

Your build is your own, go with FC or something else. Test your play style against the content. My build works fine, maybe yours will as well.

Hi

Without FC you can forget to push keys above 13. Because our FH spam is not enough and we need big ST healing with our Heal.

I love the idea of having Divine Image but without the option to have double leggo. FC will be our mandatory in M+ (unfortunately) .

Blizzard has 3 options to help us to use another leggo in M+, 1) double lego like in Legion
2) Buff FH and we can go back to our previous gameplay spam Flash Heal the whole dungeon, it is not a fun gameplay in my eyes but we can use another leggo.
3) make FC part of our passive. I would love to have it as part of our tools

Yet I just found a holy priest without FC at +20 on raidor io. With my talents for m+. Yet keys above +13 are a problem. His gear is not good btw. Two pvp trinkets etc.

That is probably because he is pvping at the moment and raider io shows the current talents of the player (or a slight outdated version). In PVP it is very common to use renewed faith for example.

95% of the top holy priests are running FC.

1 Like

Nope not the case. Gear is not a pvp build, its setup for m+. Appeal to popularity fallacy at the end. You still have to prove your conclusions, reguardless of how popular you think they are.

Statement was made that you cant get above +13. Clearly someone did.

Mathematics for why this is wrong. Tank healing.

Healing Multiplier = StatMultiplier(HealingMultiplier) * TotalHealingTakenMultiplier * (1 + TotalVersatility)
Healing Multiplier = 1.05 * 1 * (1 + 0.1) Aellas
Healing Multiplier = 1.2 * 1 * (1 + 0.1) Inulio for Flash Heal/heal, if not see Aellas.

Spell Power = (Round(StatRating(SpellPower), 0) + TotalIntellect)

Flash Heal = 2.03 * TotalSpellPower * TotalHealingMultiplier

Flash Concentration = Healing Multiplier + 0.03 stacks 5 times

Inulio Stormscale 219 ilvl
Trail of light, you want this for spamming FH.
Intellect 1586

Vers = 10%
Mastery = 32%

Healing Multiplier = 1.32 Aellas = 1.155

Flash Heal = 3,718.6149 healing without FC
Flash Heal = 4,249.8456 healing with FC five stacks.

Divide them and multiple by 100 = 1.143. Thus 14.3 %.

MasteryEchoOfLight = TriggerHeal * MasteryValue(PriestHolyHealing,false) / 2

= 4,249.8456 * 0.32 / 2 = 679.975296

Total Healing = 5,609.796192 healing

Aellas 205
Renewed faith = 10% to healing. This can be kept on all five party members to increase AoE by 10% as well.
Intellect 1492 armoury
Vers = 10%
Mastery = 39% also

10% to healing and 7% more mastery healing. See that this is more that FC’s increase to Flash heal but this is to all healing spells. Thus more balanced.

Healing Multiplier = 1.155

Flash Heal = 3,498.2178 healing + 10% = 3,848.03958 healing
MasteryEchoOfLight = 3,848.03958 * 0.39 / 2 = 750.3677181 per tick

Total Healing = 5,348.7750162 healing
Divine Image with 20% Chance (percent)
Duration (sec) = 15

Whitelist
HolyWordSerenity, HolyWordSanctify, HolyWordChastise, HolyWordSalvation

see Apotheosis.

If Aellas tries to increase his ilvl towards Inulio by just changing his intellect to be the same. Then this happens.

Aellas 205 increased intellect to Inulio’s.
Renewed faith = 10% to healing. This can be kept on all five party members to increase AoE by 10% as well.
Intellect 1586
Vers = 10%
Mastery = 39%

10% to healing and 7% more mastery healing. See that this is more that FC’s increase to Flash heal but this is to all healing spells. Now we have the same intellect, so we expect higher healing.

Healing Multiplier = 1.155

Flash Heal = 3,718.6149 healing + 10% = 4,090.47639 healing
MasteryEchoOfLight = 3,848.03958 * 0.39 / 2 = 797.64289605 per tick 3 second per tick and 2 ticks

Total Healing = 5,685.7621821 healing

Now we see aellas ahead. His flash heal does more healing. We see how the other stats have a big impact too. The choice of talents.

My flash heal is likely more powerful for my ilvl. Note the ilvl difference. 219-205= 14 ilvl higher but a 261.0211758 healing increase to flash heals healing value.

Note all values are taken from the armory, they will be close to the tool tip but a very small bit off. Example my Flash Heal = 3,498.2178 healing here but its 3496 healing ingame via tool tip. This is just because of rounding on armory.

Come back when we are run the same keys. Im not doing this again. Keep simming, keep playing your setup. The fact is the rest of the world uses Flash Concentration for a reason.

Won’t reply anymore.

4 Likes

What I have posted should put this to bed. FC is not the whole story. Again Appeal to popularity fallacy. Please prove your position. I have shown mathematically that given an increase in ilvl of 14. A FC build with common talents for that build, healing the tank has a negligible increase in healing per flash heal vs my build 14 ilvl’s lower. Thus I am just as capable at clearing m+ by healing the tank with flash heal. Taking this further and speculating close to the same ilvl we see Aellas healing more when one flash heal is cast.

Oh wait its Aellas the one that was gonna heal M+ spamming PoH…

What about you prove your position by doing what you are claiming to be capable of for once?

You are the one speculating, crunching numbers about what your spec “could do” vs us running the actual content and talking from experience.

4 Likes

Please make constructive posts.

Please stop missleading the comunity with your brainfarts.

4 Likes

Please make constructive posts.

I would go haste/crit in up to 15’s and if you push high keys where mechanics hit really hard and your group is dodging avoidable damage haste/vers

You might want to read flash concentration again, it buffs Heal not flash Heal. You write this long post but you did not even read the tooltip of the legendary…

On a sidenote; you did not use crit or haste in your calculation and DI is a 20% procc which is exactly what you do not want when dealing with a tough pull.

It is even beyond me why you are comparing stats of 2 different characters, the entire point is to compare the legendaries…

1 Like

The more I look at this more ridiculous it is.

1. None asked you to compare stats and the stats are completely meaningless because they are not the subject being discussed, if you want to compare 2 legendaries then compare the legendaries.
  2. In your calculation you mention flash heal getting buffed by the Flash Concentration legendary multiple times, that is not how it works.
  3. You leave out the cast time reduction Flash Concentration gives.
  4. You do not quantify the opportunity cost of keeping renew up but just add 10% healing for renewed faith.
  5. You mention Trail of light but do not take the benefit it provides into account at all.
  6. You can run Renewed faith with Flash Concentration.
  7. When comparing stats you conveniently do not compare crit or haste.
  8. None cares about what your healing does for ilvl, people do not pick pieces that are good at their respective ilvl, they pick the pieces that will give them the best overall efficiency.
  9. You mention damage when arguing for divine image but you refuse to take damage into account when looking at mastery (it doesn’t give any).

All in all you are embarassing yourself, this is just painful to look at. It is a complete garble of random data thrown together to fit your own narrative yet when one closely looks at it all that it shows is your lack of understanding of the subject.

3 Likes

Flash Concentration

Runecarving Power

Each time you cast Flash Heal, Heal has its casting time reduced by 0.2 sec and healing increased by 3%, stacking up to 5 times.

O crap moments are flash heal, not heal. Holy words are more powerful. If it only buffs heal, your build is massively weaker. Heal is just mana saving, for times of low threat or when flash heal is not needed.

You want to heal one way fine but ask mr robot runs the mathematical sim. There is zero mathematical reason for FC over other buffs. They are the same. Logs show there are other opions that are the same.

Divine image sims the same. Work it out, they are for play styles. They are not one above all others.

What I am do is dumping holy words. This gives me much higher healing for lower mana. With a decent group I can heal and not need to drink.

I can hit 10k AoE healing. 6k+ single target. After that still have mana.

Mathematically all of them are the same. Warcraft logs basically confirms this. All top three priest legendary items are likely within a standard deviation. This is of all logs.

FC is not the only opinion, the statement is obviously true. No one cares about FC but you. I dont need FC to heal anything. Warcraft logs shows I dont.

Healing mythic+ I have lots of healing I dont need FC. No one has to take it. You have bet the farm on one item. I am sick of listening about FC. You’re a half wit. I am trying to get rid of you. Players have done +20 without it.

Logs show that Single target heals like heal and flash heal are used less than AoE spells. It make no sense taking FC. If you have mana issues, fix your mastery stat. I can buff mine to 52%. See Combat Meditation.

Without going into the details of your last post as those have been adressed enough already; Do you think that when you make such basic mistakes as not even understanding the subject matter being discussed that it hurts your credibility to other people?

Do you think it is important for the data you base a calculation on to be correct? Because that is the entire point, you are calculating things but they do not accurately reflect reality, you thinking FC buffing flash heal when it does in fact buff heal is a perfect example of this.

I could say that renew is the best spell in the game and renew spam is warranted because renew does 50k a cast and that is more than flash heal which only does 10k. 50.000>10.000 therefore the Renew build is better.

I just used math to prove something that is not correct, why? Because although what I stated is mathematically correct the numbers I used are not correct. This is what you and AMR are doing.

1 Like

The fact that you can not recognize an argument does not mean one is not given.

When did anyone on these forums let alone me ever state Flash Concentration is the only viable build in raiding, which the logs you are referencing are from.
In fact the icyveins guide recommends both FC and Harmonius Apparatus as viable builds and explains the differences in execution and playstyle.

This thread is about m+, even your own logs have more heal/flash heal casts than PoH casts in m+, almost every high holy priest runs flash concentration and can testify to the effect it has, on a mathematical basis heal with 5 FC stacks+ToL outheals PoH spam and is also more mana efficient.

It is so sad that instead of addressing the many mistakes you made in your posts and the many good points that are made you instead ignore everything that doesn’t fit your narrative and call people unintelligent, you are cherry picking and using factually incorrect facts to make your points and on top of that you resort to insults.

Why don’t you start with addressing the 9 points I made a few posts ago? I doubt you will because you can’t…

1 Like