M+ Balance is a Catastrophe

Blizz, you desperately need to address M+ balance at the level of the meta. I know nothing is perfect, and i’m not expecting that, but consider this.

I play a MW monk, arguably the number 2 m+ healer. Ever since the MDI, I just flatout cannot get invited to a group near my raider io score. I spent 2 hours on a saturday evening a few weeks ago - no invite. An hour a few days ago - no invite. An hour yesterday - no invite. Keep in mind, I’m 1650 raider io score and applying to 15s led by people with considerably lower scores.

Now there are a lot of reasons for this, but at the end of the day - for middling key pugs like this - the biggest problem is CR. No one wants to go into a dungeon without CR. Think about this though. I wanted to play your game. I logged in to play your game. I have the means and the reputation (raider io score) to show others that I am an ideal healer for a m+ in this difficulty range. But I can’t play your game. WoW, for me, has literally become: log in, fiddle with group finder until I am so disgusted I can’t stand it, log out. If I didn’t run keys with an alt with friends, I’d quit this game faster than you can say $14.99/month, but because I think it’s bad, but because I CAN’T PLAY THE GAME.

It’s time to give CR to all healers. There is no cogent argument against it that can even come close to counterbalancing the arguments for it. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Dps balance, healer mana efficiency, the shroud paradox - stop fretting about this xpac’s terrible storyline and work on game balance! Come on, you guys have smart people working for you, get to it. Chop chop. We all know retail is bleeding subs hard, but stuff like this is making you lose the dedicated playerbase too. Wake up!

The healer thing wouldnt be as big of a problem if the rest of the meta didnt consist of classes that cant battleres either.
I think at the very least they should buff the engineer res up a bit, give it atleast 10 yard more range and less cast time.

I dont pug, only doing keys with my guild so i didnt notice any changes but i find it funny how groups think they need 2 rogues, 1 ww, prot and resto for a 15.
We done some 15s with guardian druid/resto druid- me(or rogue)/hpally(spriest)
Dps being usually spriest and uh dk/boomkin and we timed many, never lost timer because of class just because ppl failing at base mechanics, which well, happens often with my guildies.

Its so funny though how pugs are trying. I wonder if they also say something like “only night elves” alliance side XD

1 Like

Indeed, it wasn’t a problem in S1 because BDK was meta, though the only real fix would be giving every healer a CR in one form or another, otherwise you are always dependant on the meta, if DK, Druid and WL aren’t meta Tanks/DPS, the only viable healer is a rDruid.

Indeed, classes aren’t mandatory, though 1 player that can CR and 1 rogue for shrouds is IMHO.

1 Like

Well CR is pointless if the player who can CR dies thou… It’s not entierly about the CR itself. Druids are just the healer who have all the tools it need while at the same time recieves a great amount of praise due to community perception.

Give a Holy priest CR and suddenly you still have the same class with the same flaws; Poor External CD, Squishy and struggles with DPS:ing enemies while managing his class designed utilities. Holy whould just be even stronger in raids while it’s position in mythic+ whould not become better. Disc is also pretty much hit or miss, many can’t play the spec and it’s also a wildcard depending on affixes and groups.

Shamans whould also have the same weaknesses; No External, most utility being built and balanced for raids, Lack luster AoE damage(ST is really good with surge kit) etc. It whould still come out at the same position as holy priest.

Holy Paladins and Monks are probably the only specs. which whould be reasonable to see a improvement of use in mythic+ since they don’t display other obvious weaknesses.

However this don’t really change druids position in the mythic+ hierarchy at all since druids got; Really good AoE dmg, very solid heals in mastery build, strong HoT / DoT potential to maximize both offence and HP/s. Not to mention Ursol’s vortex, Typhoon, Soothe and a Decurse which hits all the hard debuffs.

Druids only weaknesses usually only shows in long fights where mana Is an issue, or bigger groups when you can’t stack up your HoT’s properly. In five mans a druids weaknesses are pretty much redundant.

yes it is but i like challge fairness miss legion dungen open room

Make cr, shroud, lok gates and bl inactive while doing m+ content and the problem with so much exclusivity among other classes is solved.

I agree that every class should be unique in terms of style, gameplay. But current exclusive abilities of some classes make it impossible for others even to compete with them

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.