With scheduled weekly maintenance tomorrow, we will make adjustments to several enemies and spells in Mythic+ dungeons.
Data and feedback suggests that Murozond’s Rise, Throne of the Tides, and Atal’Dazar are outliers in terms of difficulty. While Murozond’s Rise and Throne of the Tides are too difficult, Atal’Dazar is proving too easy and may affect player progression through the content in a negative way.
Our adjustments aim to better align overall balance across the Mythic+ dungeon pool for Season 3.
- The required enemy forces count for Atal’Dazar has been increased.
- Toxic Saurid’s Leaping Thrash no longer triggers Poisoned Claws on the target.
- Dazar’ai Juggernaut’s Merciless Assault damage reduced by 25%.
- Dazar’al Augur’s Wildfire periodic rate reduced to 1 second (was 2 seconds).
- Dinomancer Kish’o’s Deadeye Aim damage reduced by 25%.
- T’lonja’s Frenzied Charge is now avoidable but inflicts increased damage.
- Monzumi’s Wild Thrash range increased to 100 yards.
- Yazma’s Wracking Pain can no longer be interrupted and is no longer a curse effect in Mythic Keystone difficulty.
- Priestess Alun’za
- Corrupted Blood inflicts damage every 2.5 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Spirit of Gold’s health increased by 33%.
- Timestream Anomaly’s Untwist damage reduced by 20%.
- Time-Displacement reduces the creature’s health by an additional 10%>
- Time-Displacement on death damage effect reduced by 50%.
- Increased the cooldown of Double Strike and Triple Strike.
- Tyr, the Infinite Keeper
- Radiant Barrier damage absorb reduced by 15%.
- Radiant Barrier refresh damage reduced by 25%.
- Chrono-Lord Deios
- Chrono-Lord Deios health reduced by 10%.
- Infinite Corruption damage reduced by 20%.
Throne of the Tides
- Reduced the total number of Unstable Corruption spawns and Unstable Corruption now spawn more consistently in the Abyssal Halls.
- Vicious Snap Dragon’s Razor Jaws inflicts damage every 1.5 seconds (was 1 second).
- Vicious Snap Dragon health reduced by 20%.
- Gilgoblin Aquamage health reduced by 20%.
- Gilgoblin Aquamage’s Aquablast cast time increased to 4 seconds (was 3.75 seconds).
- Tainted Guardian’s Swell damage reduced by 15%.
- Naz’jar Sentinel’s Crushing Depth heal absorb amount reduced by 15%.
- Blotting Barrage damage reduced by 15%.
- Blotting Darkness inflicts damage reduced by 25%.
- Neptulon’s Cleansing Flux duration increased to 12 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- Foul Bolt now has an 8 second initial cool up.
- Splotch spawn closer to the Ink of Ozumat.
- Risen Dragon’s Necrotic Outburst inflicts damage every 3 seconds (was every 2 seconds).
- Coalesced Moment’s Tainted Sands no longer does damage immediately and its duration has been reduced to 7 seconds (was 9 seconds).
- Oakheart’s Crushing Grip throw damage reduced by 15%.
- Maddening Roar increases damage dealt by 20% per stack (was 25%).
Black Rook Hold
- Felspite Dominator’s Sic Bats! will now command up to 4 bats to attack their target (was unlimited).
- Matron Alma’s Lingering Dread should prefer non-tank players.
While you’re at it with dungeon tuning, would it be possible to address Shaman Frost Shock cleaving abilities being able to pull untargetable Interval mobs in Galakrond’s Fall in the 2nd boss area? forum post on FrS and Interval add interaction
I think the tree boss in DH is a bit broken. Sometimes he picks the tank up facing away for extra pain. Paladins lose their consecration DR, they also can’t bubble during this (and bubble is a legit CD for this type of mechanic).
- Rezans bleed will get nerfed after you come back from thanksgiving
- Soulbound Goliath will need nerfing (and augs will not be taken there)
- Boss 2 and 3 on tyrannical Throne will be pug killers.
Im a little bit scared to heal everbloom 3rd boss, archemage Sol on tyrannical
Now make druid customisation unlocks be a 100% drop chance from the rares. It’s super frustrating. I have killed them several times and i have yet to see a single one drop.
I dont think Augirs in Atal should be buffed. These guys are allready a pain in the butt needing constant kicking due to the fact they also make juggernauts cast fairy no?
Yeah, I don’t get how this didn’t make it into this. I did it on a 17 and was caught out by the damage, I wasn’t prepared for it to ramp up as much in damage as it did from the previous 14 I did. I don’t see this going well on a tyrannical week.
While I like other changes, this one in particular does not sit well with me.
I understand that more damage is needed to be added to the fight for the healer, and making this spell non interruptible is ok. But removing one of the few curses this season seems like a kick while down. Poions and diseases are almost everywhere, while i cannot remember more than 3 curses this season, and one of them is being removed.
I would much rather see the upfront damage increased, and the curse remaining with a smaller dot, so that curse dispels are still preferred for that fight but not trivialize it.
this boss is just designed stupidly.
The tank takes massive dmg from the dot and you cannot heal the tank because you need to LoS the fear.
The dot should do massive dmg but should end before the fear.
For the rest of the fight there is absolutely nothing going on whatsoever. Just bad design.
Boss 2 yeah. the knockback wrecks already people on a 15 on fort. People getting shot into nirvana and then run through black puddles and wonder why they are dying.
I do have an issue with the stupid plants on the walls though. When I face to a wall to get knocked into, I somehow always land behind a stupid flower that I cannot go through and my camera zooms in to the max.
Why boss 3 will be a pug killer? The dots ticks for crazy but besides that not much going on there?
I guess you mean boss 4? yea ozumat just wrecks people. The black crap on a very dark setting is also very hard to see + people don’t know they should place the puddles next to each other and not on opposite sides.
bahahah you crazy.
key dead with 1 change = gg
It is already ticking quite heavy in my opinion, but k whatever.
rest of the changes are good. Crushing depth might not be enough though.
I don’t really agree with that. There are already plenty of fights which are healing checks. Not every boss has to dish out crazy aoe dmg to be difficult.
Yazmas difficulty lied in interrupting every single cast, baiting the spiders and grouping the adds. That are 3 mechanics and one did aoe dmg already, while the other 2 mechanics one shot people. More than suffice for a boss.
There are other bosses were absolute nothing is going on e.g. Rezan.
Yasma certainly does not need another unavoidable crazy aoe dot crap
Yazma buff? For real?? This boss was the only pug killer. Thanks will skip atal now on tyrannical. You guys never play your own game right?
Saw a yazma cast go off the other night, think I literally zoned out and the actual tick is already insane on forti. Be interesting to see now lol
Yeah they made that boss now super hard for the healers. Once again a healer draught season lol.
Because on top of the flame shock doing massive damage, his melee is just unbearable. I don’t know how this isn’t being pinpointed. I required severe spothealing outside of CD windows, on regular melee hits. He does twice the damage than any other boss in the dungeons this time.
Also, I’m waiting for Everbloom nerfs. While the dungeon is very nice, 2nd and 3rd boss are way too harsh. They both require insane hps & dps, and not to mention that the spothealing on 2nd boss is absolutely insane. And that was happening on fortified, will be interesting to see it on tyrannical tomorrow.
2nd boss in Throne of the Tides requires nerfs aswell. The damage is straight up too harsh, and the blobs get too intense late into the fight. Even on fortified, it was a severe gear check, can’t really see how it’s gonna be on tyrannical.
Don’t worry I’ll stay healer in defiance against this, I plan on starting M+ next reset
Isn’t it a little rash to be tuning bosses before boss week?
I guess we’ll see what happens.
I will also reiterate what I have said before: That there would be no need to balance dungeons against one another if you weren’t dropping random keys which then have a chance to be dead. Beyond that system there is no reason why the dungeons should be equally difficult at all, and traditionally WoW’s dungeons were outright designed to be of different difficulty.
And so instead of wasting your time with stuff like this, which let’s be honest you spent a lot of time on before the release as well, you could be delivering more dungeons and we could all have some more fun instead of worrying about these things.
Food for thought.
While I could agree that Atal was becoming the new “SBG”, was it really nessesary to make Yazma a healer-gate?
Yeah…. Because before it was a breeze, right?
This part I don’t get. No longer a curse effect… are you making it into a magic effect instead? Because if not, this spell is gonna rek anyone in high level boss weeks.
Maybe return of Mass Dispel meta then.