M+ is in shambles

Seriously considering making written or visual/vocal guides for every dungeon on what to interrupt…

Failed AD 18 then 17 because people had literally no clue about what to interrupt - and they were 1700-1900 rio…

Edit: Venom Blasts were allowed to be cast freely because people wanted to save their interrupts for the hex…

It’s almost as if people can spam a few dungeons they know to get high rio, or even have a booster doing it for them.

Since when is blizzard obligated to give you a step by step guide on what needs to be done on each fight?

If you’re planning on going for keys with such high values, consider finding a guild to do it with, or a group of friends. like how most people who do high lvl keys do.

4 Likes

Huh? I literally said I’m contemplating on MAKING guides because I just want this to stop :frowning:

I’m a very relaxed player but pay attention more-so than others :confused:

But my point was that at this moment in the game people should know what to prioritise with regards to interrupts…

1 Like

7 weeks of doing heroic underwater boss.

And you know what i’ve noticed?

I spent 10 minutes watching a guide video before my first encounter. I didn’t die once in those 7 weeks to the deepwater fish mechanic.

In those 7 weeks however, Every fight had at least one or two people dying to that mechanic. Most of the players had at least 2/8 heroic too.

What i’m saying is, no matter how easy it might seem to you to evade a mechanic or do something properly, people will mess it up. Even the good ones. Even the simplest of mechanics.

Knowing what to interrupt in the middle of 50 casts is actually harder than most easier mechanics that people mess up.

6 Likes

Not relaxed enough to let it go though…

1 Like

idk, if it’s not super obvious like a cast bar saying “Death bolt of imminent death and destruction” I’m usually sparing on my interrupts. At the end of the day, for people who don’t run M+ a lot, or are just getting into it, it’s all about trial and error. I can see why it might be frustrating for a more experienced player however.

1 Like

Make the guides. I am always interested in new tips, learning and getting better. Especially because my level this season is more like 13/14’s instead of 17/18’s like you.

2 Likes

That would be grand! We would be very grateful! I’m serious.

2 Likes

Well. The op was talking about higher m+ keys. Its not a +5 or a “chill run +10” but a +18. At that level, peps should be aware of what to interrupt…

1 Like

This. Honestly at that level if you don’t know what you’re doing then you shouldn’t join people’s keys

Overall that is usually a coordination problem (or only shadow priests :wink: ). How did those players otherwise got through those levels of dungeons before, and not with this composition?

I am by the way really interested in real walk throughs of dungeons. Where to tank certain packs. How to deal with interrupts on those packs. How to move (for melee usually important). What best routes are or how to deal with certain terrible emissary-combination with the packs. Etc.

Try +10 tank with 1100 rio not even knowing boss tactics or how aggro works

For such high keys, yeah, I wouldn’t pug them either. Aren’t they on par with mythic raids anyway? Then again, I don’t know, I do 8-9’s these days since with a baby I can only play casually. I want to reach level 10 in all dungeons before the end of BFA, which I think is reasonable.

Prob chose boosted people.

This could happen if you only trust in numbers…

How can you see if ppl with rio that high are boosted?

Doesn’t help though for example DBM tells you to interrupt in Freehold but everyone knows not to so in the heat of the moment some might forget .
Also sometimes people overlap interrupts putting themselves on cd for next one and missing it.
This can be sorted via macros or comms.

I’m so guilty of interrupting that painful motivation just because dbm screams at me to interrupt :flushed: ppl have started to remind me on coms to not interrupt it :see_no_evil:

1 Like

And again. M+15 and above is the point where people should known at least basic stuff(if not more). If the interrupt requires a specific order like shrine’s 2nd boss. Most groups already have an rotation agreed before hand.
The impression I got from OP’s post is that nobody even bothered to interrupt. Its Ok to miss 1 interrupt(fine. We are only human. Distractions and stuff like that happen). But if the boss is allowed to spam its deadly cast without nobody even bothering to do something about cause nobody else told them?

I am sorry but telling a guy on a +18 that he should move out of the fire because he won’t do it unless somebody tells him to. I will repeat. We are talking about high end keys where experienced people go. OP wasn’t complaining that he/she wiped on a +5 cause people were in “what does this button do?” mode. Something like that happening on a +5 could be understood…on a +17? Not so much…

Cheers!

So true and so well written!

1 Like

Weekly route guides are your friend. They are up usually by Thursday.

BTW how did it go last week In the end? Manage to push much?

Easy affixes again this week, except Tyrannical which makes things harder than Fortified, IMO.