M+ leavers

Hi blizzard

I must confess im not the biggest fan of the current state of m+, but i do know its not going anywhere as well, so please punish those that leave.

Nothing is more frustrating that having someone leave on the first mistake / wipe.

You have a very simple fix for this, add the deserter debuff locking them from other m+'s for 30 mins (so either finish the one your in which normally takes about 30 mins or take the debuff for the same time), i do honestly believe this would improve the community.

2 Likes

Then the leaver would just AFK till someone else leaves first. Or not bothering with the 30 minute debuff since it is more a pain to stay in that group than to just go do something else.

4 Likes

Then youā€™re way too naive. It would only lead to more toxicity, as explained in the million threads before yours that suggested the same thing.

There is a very simple fix for the leaver problem: build a network of friends, join an m+ community, and run with people you trust. Youā€™ll never have leavers, your runs will become smoother and far more fun. You can start doing this today, without any help from Blizzard. It works wonderfully.

3 Likes

Ancelyn, you have some goods points that has made me wonder off to think and your right i probably am to naive, or maybe whatā€™s probably more true is that Iā€™m just getting old :slight_smile: the game has changed a lot over the years and old gits like me just donā€™t have the impatience and lack of respect that it FEELS is everywhere in the game nowadays. This of course is just my view and experience, im sure everyone else will have their own opinion on where on the spectrum that level of ā€œcommunityā€ they experience lies.
In regards to getting a m+ community thats a great shout and probably highlights some of the gap between people in regards to their interaction between this game and external sites. Iā€™ve been in about 3 guilds in 16 odd years with a friend list of about 15 people ! ā€¦my friend list is for just that, actual friendsā€¦if i have a good run in m+ im not adding the people to my friend listā€¦i also dont go hunting for m+ communities (im guessing on discord) where i would again maybe meet more people to receive the experiences you enjoy.
So you can say ā€œthats your own faultā€ and on reflection i would agree with you, but i would also say im far from alone in how i play and if i want to enjoy the content of the game i need to change how i play and sign up to external sites to help. This is something that i will look into, but for some of us oldies thatā€™s not a natural thing to do.
I will finish by saying, thank you for challenging my view and making me think, but i still feel blizzard have a duty to smooth that path, ease the route of understanding and help give the likes of me a little more direction as i neither post on forums very often, nor do i read them very often.

And thatā€™s your problem, really. The game is meant to be social, and youā€™re actively avoiding that.

Iā€™d suggest installing the Friend Groups addon, which lets you organize your friend list, so you can have a group for IRL friends, and another for M+ buddies. This way you can have the best of both worlds: your IRL friends clearly separated from M+ buddies, while still being able to have M+ buddies.

1 Like

One old git to anotherā€¦ join a community or play with friends if you canā€™t deal with the fk ups that can happen in PUGā€™s. Your idea for the debuff wouldnā€™t work out, imagine if everyone decided that the key wasnā€™t worth finishing and decided to disbandā€¦ who would get that debuff? The first to leave? Itā€™s quite difficult to implement that kind of system. I personally love PUG groups. Itā€™s an amazing source of entertainment, seeing the broad variety of ways in which a group can totally go towards disaster :smiley: It just depends on your outlook and perception :slight_smile:

Iā€™m actually at the point now where Iā€™m disappointed if thereā€™s no drama and itā€™s a clean run, haha :smiley:

1 Like

What about a near perfect run, then someone leaves because you wipe on the last boss?

I understand the frustration with pugs, but there are ways to avoid pugging, as others have already said.

I didnā€™t even know this addon existed, so thanks for the tip.

1 Like

this mode would be better if you get a reward. not just anima for wasting 30 mins of your life. Would fix a lotā€¦

You do get a reward. You get a completed dungeon towards your first/next weekly vault slot. You get a score increase if youā€™ve timed/completed a high enough key. You get a chance of loot from the end of dungeon chest (although neither of the characters I do keys on regularly now have any use for items below 252 ilvl, so I either sell it or trade it away).

Those of us who push keys do it because we enjoy it. Thatā€™s our reward. If you donā€™t enjoy it, donā€™t do it.

1 Like

There is no other way of gearing. So Iā€™m forced to do it. But it has been discussed several times on the forum.

So, why are you claiming that you donā€™t get a reward when itā€™s clearly not true?

Ok. ā€œIā€™m not getting a reward WHILE running the actual contentā€ The great luckbox is a shadowlands feature and should not make its way into the next expansion.

What should replace it?

oh I donā€™t know maybe just loot in the dungeons?

So you want to give dedicated M+ players no way to get gear thatā€™s equivalent to mythic raid. Nice.

I think heā€™d rather want end-of-dungeon loot to be on par (or upgradable to) to mythic raid loot. Which is a fair wish, and Iā€™d love that too.

The problem with that is that itā€™s infinitely farmable, so youā€™d have those raid teams who have time to farm decked out in full mythic level gear before mythic raid even opens. It would make a mockery of progression and ā€˜world firstā€™ achievements.

Unless the ability to upgrade M+ end of dungeon loot to mythic raid level is timegated. Personally, I could support that, but it wouldnā€™t be popular with the people who hate timegating (and they seem to be large in number).

so yes AFK is the fix for your fix

Just have another two levels of valor: one to upgrade from 246 to 249 at timing 20s, and 249 to 252 for timing 25s or so. Problem solved. Valor is still a limited currency, so even if someone times all 25s first week, they will not have the Valor to upgrade any item to max ilevel. Not even on second week. And on third week, the race is over.

Good idea, but also requires keeping the vault for those who canā€™t time 20s/25s, and the the poster I replied to specifically objected to the existence of the vault.