M+ Rating changes

Exactly as you say… Non issue for 95+%. I’ll even bet that 4% Of the remaining 5%, could not time a 20, yet got on the outrage bus over the change. Remaining 1% already pushing past 20’s.

Do not worry, I am sure it’s gonna make things worst, people are going to leave keys more frequently now.

Why?

Maybe in a +20. As if they cannot time it, it now is pointless. Under +20, there is zero change. Guess what, the vast majority of keys being run are under +20…

WEHHHHH then find a guild, or something, play the game, improve, have fun, trust your team or don’t, stay until the end, leavers gets no love from me.

You talking to yourself?

Blizzard need to add a leave % to player statistics so we can get rid of leavers in our keys. Completing a key should also be rewarding even if it was not timed, it is dumb how players leave when somebody elses key is depleted. Raider IO is probably a big part of the problem, players want those +15, +20 timed statistics.

1 Like

It doesn’t affect 20s… Only 21 and higher.

This change practically only affects people buying rank 1 boosts.

If you want the score for a 25 then time it. Enough with getting boosted score by buying depleted high keys - before depleting a 25 would give you roughly a 24 equivalent score.

If you think high keys don’t disband on mistakes already, you’re very wrong. Having depleted keys in your M+ score actually looks really bad, e.g. I’ll always invite someone with a timed 21 over someone with a failed 23, but now that’s not really an issue either since the failed 23 won’t give more score than a timed 21

Blizzard started listening, so let us not abuse that. Making seemingly achievements such as timing 20+ is good way to keep contrast between skilled and lower skilled players, where everyone has something to look forward for. Removing the depletion of key is a horrible suggestion imo, because people could get carried through and never really fall down to their actual skill level. I myself was once carried to 15+, quickly fell off to 9+ until I figured out tons of mechanics, gearing and other problems to fix before I could jump back up.

It is a game, it shouldn’t reward everyone the same when they clearly very in skill level and time investment in the game.

I hope blizzard doesn’t keep making this game easy until it becomes another FFXIV where the majority of content is absolutely effortless.

Theres very few roadblocks in current dungeons that would make finishing a dungeon a challenge. In almost every case its guaranteed long as you were good enough to get the key.

And if they were to remove the timer it would be significantly easier as you would guarantee BL as well as offensive/ defensive/ healing cds for every boss and every difficult pack, along with it being possible to fight some mobs one by one if they have difficult abilities.

They shouldn’t, but here’s the thing, m+ is being ramped UP in difficulty literally every expansion since it was introduced, so not only is it not being dumbed down, it’s actively and intentionally leaving people behind.

It’s the most convenient end-game mode so naturally, a community of people who don’t want to do anything else has formed, and they have been demanding more and more challenge and more exclusivity from raiding, which Blizzard happily complies with every time.

The result is that every time, the gap between regular players and those running M+ for hours a day every day keeps getting bigger. Blizzard continues to pander to 20+ pushers and has now made 20 the upper baseline for reward scaling, which never should have happened because they have effectively shortened the gear progression for most of their players. They now have to go through 20 levels of dungeon difficulties that are also harder than before, so the rich get richer and the poor have nothing but frustration and walls in front of them, just like with professions.

The reward parity with mythic raiding is also an idiotic reason because mythic raiding is so far out of reach of most players that it’s not worth considering as a game mode for the rest of the progression. It shouldn’t even drop loot (just like LFR) and it should be a challenge mode for WFR and guilds who want the challenge.

Hardest content should absolutely award the highest level gear, but the difficulty ceiling for hardest content has shot up into the stratosphere. Think about this, WoW became the most popular MMO ever because it was less hardcore and more casual-friendly than concurring MMOs. Now it’s literally the hardest one of them all if you’re going by how realistic a goal achieving your BiS is.

A meaningless number considering the amount of tryhards that run M+ for 10 hours a day on multiple characters.

3 Likes

You didn’t do high enough keys to notice the +20 bottleneck in SL, but it was definitely there, and it was tighter than the one at +15 because a lot of people who could do higher keys pugged +17/18 for the weekly vault because they usually went more smoothly.

So you’re accusing the people who ran even higher keys of ‘wanting this change’. That also makes no sense. The majority of people running keys that high were getting gear from mythic raid, so they had no interest in higher ilvl gear from keys. It would be no use to them.

Group finder isn’t restricted by server group.

So you think that the difficulty ceiling should be lowered to account for people that cant do the content?
Just sounds like a mode where everyone wins a prize so no one feels bad that they dont get one.

You did 20-23’s in SL right and boasted how that maybe makes you elite… Look at main toons profiles… I did 20’s 21’s but did not push beyond as tbh, no point after 20 for me. So, 1 maybe 2 M+ levels below you and that’s not “High” enough… You certainly have the elitist attitude even if you dont have the skill, chum.

I accused no one… you somehow managed to come up with that in your own tiny mind. Furtive imagination to go with your tinfoil hat maybe.

Server group whatever… I see plenty of pugs going for 15+ and well into low 20’s all day long… Your perspective different, oh well.

I see 3 20s on your main’s profile, 2 of them in time.

But that wasn’t the point. You accuse me of ‘boasting’ when I all I did was respond to another poster’s accusation that people like me asked for the M+ loot change. Identifying with a group that people have a negative perception of is hardly boasting.

Your point being… I did them. No carries, no one wanted an UH DK then, well, they still don’t but pugging was no fun.

You went out of your way to say “I suspect you’d call me an elite player”. Along with your whining remark. Which is just another way to say you consider you are elite. You compound it by Your last remark by the way. The poster who you took umbrage at, was referring to elite players. And you wrote, accusation that people like ME asked for the M+ loot change. So in that remark you actually think you are an elite player.

Elite is the top 1%. You, are good but a try hard. Know your place in the world kiddo.

I did keys past 15, to help out fellow guildies. That was it. Went for 20’s late in game to maybe get the portals. Something you seem to have forgotten people did. Was not just gear then. I never found this “bottleneck”. Actually doing keys beyond 15 was easier to get in, went smoother and had far less toxicity of those in the under 15 and over 20’s (pugwise).

Like now, I play for fun, not to grind. Think I’ve done maybe 20 M+ runs, probably more with untimed. Maybe S2 I’ll push more. Why do you and people like you grind 70 odd runs (timed) already?

Always hate how well-argued posts like this just kinda disappear in threads and get no attention or reaction.

Spot-on about everything.

2 Likes

That post is nonsense.

Yes the difficulty is ramped up but now rewards are more in line with chalenge indeed. I absolutely suck at tanking. And even i super bad tank last week timed 16. Yes it took me several weeks to get there but i didnt even put much effort just did 1 or 4 dungeons a week.

Anyone WHO puts really minimal effort like doing 8 dungeons a week is now runing 17-18 keys .

The only thing that really change is suddenly all good players dissapeared from 15-16 bracket and now nobody is there to carry mediocre players WHO in past seasons were looking for carried by fully mythic geared people. Now those people are in +20.

Its both better and worse for game. Better because now good players have finały their own bracket worse because much more keys get broken in lower brackets because there is nobody there to carry bad groups.

Overall the experiment is interesting and showing a lot of what i said over the years liek debunking the "15 is lol easy hit gud " myth.

The rich get richer?

Sounds more like the great cries of unwashed and skilless welfare scum in the UK. Make the same cry of" gimme more" for doing nothing. If you have the skill and determination to do above +15, you get loot, maybe, if rng helps, or the vault drops that trinket/ring you prayed for. It’s worked for.

You want it, go get it. Don’t have the skill, ability or determination, gtfo and go beg on another game.

And no, I am not going to feel gated or my gear progression halted just because doing harder content got a bit harder. If i want that 10 it lvl higher, I’ll work for it…

Btw, MOST of the players, don’t even time a plus 10. Read end of Sl figures on who got the 1% title and the breakdown of player percentage to timed key levels.

Next week, see how many non WFR people go kill bosses on Mythic raiding, in pugs. It won’t just be a handful. Making your claim even more pathetic.

Average skill level is likely 10 and under

1 Like

Minimal effort rofl. Assuming people aren’t only running m+ all the time, how much do you think a player should put in a week to be considered worthy of having gear progression? If 8 runs or like 5 hours or challenging and tiring content is minimum, what’s the expected amount? That’s 2 full raid clears right there.

There is no clear division between good and bad players for all tiers of difficulty and all areas of the game. Unless you’re religiously watching streamers and reading up on the minutiae of tactics for every trash pack, you likely have some holes that may prove fatal in certain dungeons/affix combos, but you can still be a “good player”. If those holes are exposed, the others will likely frame you for a baddie which is why you can’t ever trust anyone regardless of their ilvl or io score.

This black and white bs only helps push the elitist and hyper casual narratives because those groups are the most represented on the forums, whereas most players are in the middle and don’t have the time or willingness to no life one particular game mode to exhaustion.

No I will continue to provide rational perspectives on the garbage decisions they are making and you’re gonna read them. Going on about how determined and skillful you are only makes you sound cringe, you ain’t impressing anyone because no one cares about other people’s in-game accomplishments.

Yes it will be a tiny pathetic handful compared to the overall number of players or even just players doing non-queued group content, just like it always the case with mythic raiding. It will be even less this time because raid participation is lower than ever due to the loot system being trash, fewer ppl playing the game in general.

1 Like