M+ scene, keys, time for a new system

Hello all, I’d like to share my feelings towards the M+ scene in pugging (yes, another one on these, yay) but please keep an open mind about the issue.

I cannot play the game. I haven’t been able to hit anything except a wooden practice target.

We’ve all been in a place where we apply to keys over and over and again, and we’ve been getting declined over and over again. We all seen it happen, we’ve all read the titles: “LF Mage / Boomie / Hunter”. So what happens when you want to play this game competitively and you get shut down every time? It’s frustrating and it entirely revolves around the current system, the way it was developed and the lack of consideration for this part of the community.

Either blizzard wants to accept it or not, there is a competitive aspect to the game, that’s why they host MDI tournaments and they cheer every time mage blasts for 100k because it’s nice to see. There is a part of the community that wants to play the game in a more competitive and harder mode. M+ has been release for well over 4 years and the same issues revolve around it, every single time.

I’m paying a subscription to play this game! It’s not free. We all play it, everyone has their objective, their reasonings for this, and for me, is because I enjoy the PVE scenario and the increased difficulty it brings, both for raids and for M+ but there’s no system that allows me to play this game competitively.

Every time I want to increase the difficulty and play more I’m 100% dependable on my class/spec to be invited and the power to do so lays entirely on the key holder and their power of decision lays on an external flawed addon. I’m a perfect capable player, with a strong sec, game knowledge, and love for the game, so how come I’m forced to not play or to do content that’s not within my objectives? Why am I forced to play something I don’t enjoy and don’t want to play, just to get invited?

So your next thought is “Why don’t you raise your own key?”

Being a key owner is Russian roulette, you never know what you’re gonna get because all we see is a flawed score. A player can wipe a +15 99 times but if he makes it once he gets the score, but does that mean that this player deserves the score? Or does this mean that this player was the reason for all those 99 wipes? We don’t know, but it’s all that matters nowadays. Score. So how come I have the score and don’t get invited? How come I want to play the game, I’ve proven I’m capable and I get declined every time? Because the classes that bring all the necessary utility are the strongest as well!

How can boomies bring treants, CR, AOE, silence, roots and displacement, all this utility, and still have the best ST burst in the game along with insane aoe? How can mages bring a huge intellect buff with uncapped aoe and a low CD combustion that destroys the packs? How is any class suppose to compete with this? How am I suppose to play this game, in a higher difficulty and push myself if I can even get into a group?

Would it be so hard to implement a system where players would queue up, be put into a group with the same average rating, conquer that key and keep rising like every other competitive game out there? A system with a solo queue and a team queue? 5 man teams could push for the highest difficulty in a ladder and be rewarded with a mount, a mog. Just drop the damm keys.

People hate queueing their keys beucase it takes a lot of time and you handle a lot of jerks! You invest 30m to prep a group, choose based on a flawed RIO score just to get 1 wipe, people that shouldn’t even play at a certain level quit without any sort of punishing, disrespecting the key holder, the group, and the cycle repeats itself.

For the last 3 days, I’ve been trying to do a +18, I have all the +17 done. I’ve been doing 100+ applies every hour and get declined every single time. I’ve tried to raise my key, it’s the same thing every time, a rage quit, a dc, boosted players, lack of knowledge and experience, rude players. So what am I suppose to do? How can I play this game grow and reach the hardest difficulty, have made over 700 applies and got declined every time?

It’s time for a change.

1 Like

Have you tried adding people to your friend list after a good run, and asking them next time you’re running a key?

1 Like

Giga upvote this post. Things need to change. Says everything that a non meta class would think, and it’s exactly, precisely correct. Please fix, and please don’t take months to fix this issue.

Have you tried switching to blood spec? You won’t get any invites if there are 50+ other dps players in queue with you.

This is in essence the whole point of why rio has failed. Non relative scores like rio tell nothing about how good a player is. What we need is dynamic scoring models on avg player dps/interrupt/healing performance.

This would have at least one positive effect which is that you learn your class, git gud and can polish your score within a few runs and not an endless grind.

There are people in my FL who have not finished any 15+ and can play, have proper ilvl and parse very good on warcraftlogs. Yet, thanks to rio they wont get invited in any higher key.

RIO Scoring is a ranking system and does not tell s**t about how good someone is

Yeah, rio is pretty insignificant tool to measuring how good the player is. I had a ret pally with only like 700 rio but he was doing almost 6k overall dps in +14 Halls. and I actually timed my first +14 halls ever.

Its very simple.

If you join the pug world, you just have to accept the pug rules.
And the pug rules are “Rio is King!”.

If you want to avoid Rio and pugs, inv guildies and friends.

You are more or less asking Blizzard to make changes since you dont want to change.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.