M+ Solution thanks me later

Blizzard can u pls fix M+ leaving? its so frustrating!! I Have really easy solution.

Let it be possible to fill the group during M+ progress, it would solve pretty much everything.

Yes people would need to run there or lock would be more important again due to his summon.

2 Likes

Thats an awful solution and open to griefing.

Think first, post later.

3 Likes

I leave keys on an industrial scale. Anyone thatā€™s interested: donā€™t run keys with me if youā€™re a 4fun player, I will leave your key. I value my time extensively and understand how thereā€™s only so many hours in a day to do keys, if the group is clearly disrespectful and doesnā€™t do basic mechanics, Iā€™m out. Everyone at this level understands this and once a wipe happens, we just leave, wellā€¦almost everyone. I get the occasional ā€œomg letā€™s keep going we can time itā€, no, dude, you clearly canā€™t interrupt for sh**, you miss a lot of the tactics, you donā€™t time it, just leave, go do something else.

Everyone must do this so that the people who are 4fun get too discouraged to keep running keys.

Why should I have respect for your time if you donā€™t have respect for mine?

Leave keys who are doomed.

3 Likes

There are groups who clearly state: ā€œWeekly run. Not timing it. Chill runā€¦ā€. Both in description and in party chat.
Do you also destroy those keys as well?

Yeah lol probably one of them

When I made a run with the description ā€œweekly run. Not timed!ā€. Thereā€™s still someone who leaves after a wipe. Welcome to my excel ignore sheet :p!

1 Like

As with most solutions like this, quite vulnerable to exploits.

Do the whole dungeon up till the last boss. Kick a random DPS (or bring a friend who leaves), port someoneā€™s alt in (or whoever pays for it). Kill the boss, loot and repeat.

Seems like you are hurting yourself.
If you look for a group with your mindset you waste a lot less time than starting runs you will eventually leave over and over.
Ask if this is a casual run, if noone states the goal, and if it is, save everyone 5-10 minutes and just leave the group before the run starts.
You waste your time, the time of 4 other players and downgrade the key of one of those.

There are some runs, that claim they can time it beforehand, where it is totally fine to leave, when you joined under this assumption, but not that many that you would have to leave keys excessively.
If you do leave keys as often as your ā€œindustrial scaleā€ makes me think you are either lying or very bad at ā€œvaluing your timeā€.

On the other hand, how many players are there, that want to finish a run for the gear on keys of +15 and higher?
I would expect players on that level to run for the challenge of a good time primarily.

To be fair i think most of the ā€œpunish leaversā€ people are either trying to get a +10 done for weekly or to rank the key up in the range 5-9.

Since I highly doubt the PuG community scene for difficulties beyond 10ā€™s need further control over the group tool. Especially since most groups are formed with friends, communities or guilds either entierly or partially(or by the use of io scores).

The leaver and rio score problems must then come primarly from the 5-9 range or from the part of the community who feel entitled to get a +10 key done every week with little to no prior experience. You can easially see this when you start a +10 groupā€¦ then you get like 50+ sign ups within a minute especially in popular ā€œfreebieā€ dungeons such as freehold.

Which acctually ainā€™t that unreasonable since most if not all players basicly require the +10 to progress further once they are done with other weekly activities such as WQ, Weekly Quests, assualts, normal/hc raids etc.

For example I raid instead, but still try to get the +10 done every week, but since I donā€™t do many mythic+ PuGing whould be hard for me, even if i know the dungeons and affixes almost flawlessly at this point. Being a priest also put me in the position of being ā€œundesireableā€ from a meta perspective which make it even harder to join PuGā€™s frequently.

So yeah I choose to start my own key chill runs or go with guild to get my weekly done, since I neither want to build score or require the extra gear from timed runs. But even if itā€™s a chill run or partially a guild group, anyone whould at the very least ask from one another to try their best.

I have seen players dealing ~5k dps at 400 ilvl, had groups with low amount of interupts or overall mechanical knowledge etc. Since i mostly do chill runs these days I can be patient enought to complete the key anyhow, as long as the group move forward. But then thereā€™s groups who canā€™t even progress, they hit a wall or have a massive amount of wipes. Then Itā€™s understandable that some people whould say ā€œf-thisā€ and find another group at one point or another.

No one who plays WoW values their time as much as they could.

Isnā€™t leaving keys, that could still be finished, inefficient? You might still get a procced item at the end of the run, even if the key gets depleted. Leaving after, say, 15 minutes completely wastes that time if you get nothing at all out of it.

2 Likes

Depends what level of keys u run and what for.
As was said before many times.
If u r talking about +10, then it is understandable. U either do weekly or gearing up. Either way u want to finish anyhow.
But if u go +19ā€¦ Hell, who gearing in this level of keys?? The group gets disbanded even if u wype on last boss. Cause its the score u came here for, and its normal.

My solution does not involve inviting a new player to complete the key. The key is still ruined if a player leaves (unless you can 4-man whateverā€™s left to complete) but it attempts at satisfactorily punishing the player that left - hopefully making it less likely for players to leave unless theyā€™re willing to pay a hefty price.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.