M+ stop depleting madness

Hey guys idk if its just me, buuut.
Can we please remove key depletion?
Isnt 30 minutes wasted time enough with gold and consumables cost?

It will encourage repeting the key with same group or with minor adjustments.

It will increase amount of keys in finder for pug players.

It will remove frustration when ppl leaves (refarming key level)

It will loosen criteria for group invites bit.

I do not think its gonna make leaving situation worse bcs to be honest, ppl are leaving key as soon as they know dungeon is not timable anyway in pugs.

Filthy casual look :).

Thank you.
S.

5 Likes

As someone that was around for CMs and tried to pug some, no. Complete degeneracy with the amount of resets that happened and people being replaced etc.

If you get frustrated when someone leaves, don’t pug m+.

3 Likes

The fact you still get a vault reward for a depleted key is already too much.

4 Likes

The ‘minor adjustments’ being kicking the 2nd and 3rd performing dps, maybe the heal if the key owner doesn’t feel they did ‘enough’ dps, maybe the tank if they didn’t recover quickly enough from someone’s ninja pull.

There are already enough obvious ‘carry me’ keys in group finder without the key owner being able to start again with a new group if the first group didn’t carry them hard enough.

2 Likes

No we cannot remove depleting.

Next question please.

3 Likes

Lmao this take you keep bringing on and on as if CM and M+ are in any way comparable.

You just needed to do CM once per dungeon and you were done, so of course unless you wanted to test a specific thing there was NO point in going on during an obviously non-golden run.

Low keys have valors, gear upgrade and vault slots as a reason to keep group going without resetting for a minor mistake.

High keys are already like CMs, if you fail in specific point you just go out and reset, so where would the degeneracy be?

You think people gon a reset a +7 becauseof a minor failure?

Even if this was the case, how is different from now? The crappy pug can ruin your key with a gigapull, fail because they suck and leave, depleting your key with no consequences.

So screwing the key owner is fine for you but how dare the key owner remove people they feel like they are not performing.

2 Likes

Ok but the only reason it doesn’t deplete is if you finish the key untimed, if you leave before you still degrade it and the leavers lose score equal to 25% of the total key worth.

1 Like

So in short 1 guy not only ruins the key for the owner but the score for other 3 people as well. Since unless its a +2, 1 person leaving(say the tank) can make the key undoable as 4/5.

#Genius!

Completly agree.
Its just toxic.
Honestly ppl are not even tryin if they realize that group has not enough dps on first pulls.
They just leave and u can push your key again after 5 minutes
Iron docs for examle…(easy but tight timer)

It was a sarcastic way to put, keep key degrading.

Then start either making proper groups with people you know or join guilds, communities and etc.

Want the convenience and QoL of pugs? Then pay the cost of it(aka key depletes).

Can’t have cake and eat it too. :cake:

1 Like

What would actually happen is only Tanks would make groups as there would be no risk if their key wasn’t on the line. Then they’d only invite absolute pumpers, which there is no shortage of.

What you’re suggesting will happen already happens, I can join any group, leave for any reason and at no cost to myself.

I only join groups because keys deplete, if they didn’t I would never, ever, ever join someone’s group.

Which is the case for my tank in classic. I only join a group if I get paid in full up front.

Don’t choose crappy pugs, then. Spend a bit of time researching the people who apply rather than just picking the ones with the highest scores.

And before you reply that people can do the same research before they apply to a key, I guess there is some opportunity to do that if they’re applying as tank or healer, but not dps. When you apply for a key as dps, you’re lucky to get into any key, so you generally take whatever you can get.

yeah, I think it is.
As long as the dungeon is finished rather than reset.

If you wipe on a HC Raid boss you don’t have to clear it on Normal again before trying Heroic again. If you fail a Mage Tower challenge you don’t have to do an easier version before trying the challenge again.
You don’t get better at running +15s by running another +14.

1 Like

What? The key owner decides the people they picked aren’t good enough, so they kick them all and start again with a new group? Only if they’re happy for their key to deplete.

Yes, did you think I didn’t mean what I said?

That is pretty creative way of doin it.
One issue is dc and another punishing everyone.

Your logic can be used in my meme post as well though, If you don’t want to lose 25% score from leaving then play with a proper group so nobody leaves :slight_smile:

Keys don’t deplete anymore since somewhere in Legion.

You are ignoring my first post.

If the key level is high enough and a vital person leaves, then the rest of the group also has to “leave” cause they simply can’t press on.
So the rest of the group has to take the score hit…because?.. they were at the wrong place, wrong time?