Made a 4th hunter spec concept :)

Hello fellow hunters!

I have been working on a 4th spec for hunters that is based on the old survival hunter from MoP, with a little bit of spice. I had the weekend off and decided to try to make a talent tree for what i think the old surv spec would have looked like. I had a blast making it and wanted to share it and maybe get some interesting ideas/feedback :smiley:

I really miss having the magical archer vibe that i felt i got with old survival, so i decided to make one and go all out with it. I have decided to call the spec Spellweaver (feel free to give me a new name for it), as it uses a lot of magical shots such as Explosive (fire), black arrow (shadow) and some new ones.

Sadly i cant link pictures or anything, but the talent tree setup is exactly like Evoker Devastation so you can actually build a build with it using their tree (points are the same too).
Please note that some abilities are not like they are ingame right now, like multi-shot in this tree is a long CD.

USE THE EVOKER DEVASTATION TALENT TREE TO MAKE A BUILD

Row 1:

Summary

Frost Shot
Ability 1.5 sec cast.
A frost shot that causes X Frost damage and increases the duration of Serpent Sting.
Usable while moving.
Generates 14 focus.

Row 2:

Summary

Serpent Sting
Ability Instant, 10 focus.
Fire a shot that poisons your target, causing them to take a small amount of Nature damage instantly and additional Nature damage over 18 sec. (2 charges with main tree talent.)

Resourcefulness
Passive
You have a 30% chance when you fire a ranged attack that costs focus to reduce the Focus cost of your next 3 Arcane or Multi shots by 20. (internal cd?)

Row 3:

Summary

Improved Serpent Sting
Passive
Increases your damage done to targets affected by Serpent Sting by 5/10%, and causes it to also deal instant damage equal to 15% of its total periodic effect.

Improved Arcane Shot
Passive
Increase Arcane Shots damage by 75%/100% and reduce its cost by 5/10 focus.

Arcane Fletcher
Passive
Every 3rd Arcane Shot from Resourcefulness shots a stronger arcane shot that deals 25%/50% additional damage.

Row 4:

Summary

Black Arrow
Ability Instant, costs 40 focus, 20 sec cooldown.
Fire a Black Arrow at your enemy, dealing X Shadow damage and then causing them to bleed, for X Shadow damage over 15 sec.

Frostvenom Tipped
Passive
When hitting enemies with Frost Shot that are already afflicted with Serpent Sting has a chance to deal X bonus Frost damage in a small aoe around the target and generate 1 additional focus.

Row 5:

Summary

Toxicology
Passive
Increases the periodic critical damage of your Explosive Shot, Serpent Sting, and Black Arrow by 15/25%, and Serpent Sting now deals increased damage against targets below 30% health.

Explosive Shot
Ability Instant, costs 25 focus, 6 sec cooldown.
Fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing X fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec.

Viper Venom
Passive
You gain 3 Focus each time your Serpent Sting deals damage. This effect can only occur every 3 sec.

Row 6:

Summary

Improved Black Arrow
Passive
Black Arrows cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds and makes your other dots get a 100% crit chance for the first 2 (maybe 3?) seconds.

Focus Fire
Passive
Your Explosive Shot now have 2 charges instead of 1.

Lock’n’Load
Passive
Everytime Black Arrow deals damage, you have a 20% chance to proc Lock’n’ load making your Explosive Shot to gain two shots without focus cost or cooldown.

T.N.T
Passive
Makes your Explosive shot deal damage in an aoe around your target.

Multi-Shot
Ability Instant, costs 40 focus, 12 sec cooldown.
Fires several missiles, hitting all nearby enemies within 8 yards of your current target for Physical damage.

Row 7:

Summary

Demise
Passive
Kill Shot can now be used on targets below 30% hp and kill Shot now does 50% of its damage as shadow.

Secrets of the Silver Covenant
Passive
After shooting an Explosive Shot from your Lock’n’Load proc your next Arcane Shot does increased damage or your next Frost Shot generates more focus.
OR
Secrets of the Farstriders
Passive
Explosive Shots from Lock’n’Load have their initial damage increased.

Lone Wolf
Passive
Increases your damage by 10% when you do not have an active pet.

Frozen Ammo
Passive
Arms your ranged weapon with exotic ammunition that lasts for 1 hour. Each autoshot deals 15% additional Frost damage and reduces the target’s movement speed by 50% for 4 sec.
OR
Incendiary Ammo
Passive
Arms your ranged weapon with exotic ammunition that lasts for 1 hour. Each autoshot deals 20% additional Fire damage to all enemies within 8 yards of the initial target.

Withering Fire
Passive
Every 10th shots, trigeer Withering Fire, striking up to 5 enemies in front of you for X shadow damage.

Serpent Spread
Passive
Multi-Shot applies Serpent Sting to all targets hit.

Snake Trap (this was a random one, please give me something to put here :smiley:)
Ability
Instant, 30 sec cooldown.
Place a nature trap that will release several venomous snakes that poison enemies with a Crippling Poison that reduces movement speed by 50% for 12 sec. The snakes will die after 15 sec. Trap will exist for 1 min.

Row 8:

Summary

Wailing Arrow
Ability 2 sec cast, costs 15 focus, 1 min cooldown
Fire an enchanted arrow, dealing Shadow damage to your target and an additional Shadow damage to all enemies within 8 yds of your target. Targets struck by a Wailing Arrow are silenced for 5 sec.

Survivalist
Passive
When falling below 40% hp your disengage is reset. 1 min cooldown.

Rangers Focus
Passive
Everytime you cast Arcane Shot you coalesce a frost arrow up to three. Once three arrows have been generated your next Frost Shot sends all three arrows onto the target dealing Frost damage and roots the target.

Improved Explosive Shot
Passive
Explosive Shots critical chance is increased by %.

Master Tactician
Passive
Explosive Shot reduces the cooldown of your Multi-Shot by 1 sec.

Entrapment
Passive
When your Snake Trap are triggered you entrap all afflicted targets, preventing them from moving for 4 sec.
OR
Snake Mastery
Passive
Increases number of snakes summoned by 4 and now applies Deadly Poison in addition to Crippling Poison.

Row 9:

Summary

Fervor
Passive
Increase your maximum focus by 15/30.

Wyvern Sting
Ability Instant, 1 min cooldown.
A stinging shot that puts the target to sleep, incapacitating them for 30 sec. Damage will cancel the effect. Usable while moving.
Shift right

Shiver Venom
Passive
When you fire multi shot there is a 50%/100/ chance the missles are replaced by Frost Shots. These Frost Shots does not generate focus and does 15% reduced damage, meant to proc Frostvenom Tipped

Row 10:

Summary

Portal Shot
Ability Channeled (2.5 sec cast), cost 1-130 focus, 1 min cooldown.
The longer you channel the more focus it costs and more Arcane damage you deal to the target, in addition the knockback force is also getting stronger.

Noxious Sting
Passive
If Wyvern Sting is dispelled, the dispeller is also afflicted by Wyvern Sting lasting 50/100% of the duration remaining

Immolation Shot
Ability 1.5 sec cast, costs 20 focus, 1 min cooldown.
A powerful shot leaving a trail of fire that damages the enemies within, and reduces their movement speed by 50%.

I hope some of you will have fun with it as i had making it! Gotta say i really liked how the aoe part of the spec turned out (heavily inspired by the first boss in The Eternal Palace)! ^^

1 Like

I like it, when can we see this in game xDD
Would be a nice addition to the class and then they can fully focus on msv and give them actual defensive cds to stay in melee range.
It says enough how lazy the def of hunter is iff some player makes a build for them that could actually work and ppl would have fun with.

Make a 5th one: an archer who doesnt rely on his pet in order to be effective.
I hate pets.

1 Like

4th spec will be the long wanted tank hunter …
5th will be healer like heal with healing arrows and holy granates :stuck_out_tongue:

Take the old surv hunter and make it a new spec.

But do not remove current surv.

Sure, just don’t remove current sv I really like it.

As for my recommendation. Keep what you got in essence. But replaces with Dark ranger themed stuff. You will instantly get half the forum on your side.
Add some fancy Wailing/death/gloom arrow type stuff make it edgey for the elves.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.