Made the biggest mistake a few weeks ago with RBG

After reaching 1.6k rating and having like half of the Conquest set, I played some more games to progress for the mount, honor for the weekly quest, etc.
Turns out if you fall below 1.6k rating you can’t upgrade to ilevel 213 anymore.

Now it’s really really hard to get back because each win is maybe 6-8 rating and each loss is like 20 in the lower brackets… And the push groups from 1.6k to 1.8k all demand like 30% or so versatility which is now impossible because I can’t get more 213 PvP gear.

/rant

8 Likes

Yep true, thats why im gona stop at 1600 rating in rbg so i can get almost every peice to 213

Not sure if it’s even possible to get to 1600 rating anymore without getting boosted. You need like a 75+% win rate because you lose like 3-4 times more rating per loss than you gain per win, and even if you play well sometimes you do run into booster groups that literally erase hours of play time.

Each day when I try to get back to 1600 I just fall lower despite having way above 50% win rate.

Well, at least I made some good progress toward the mount… if nothing else.

3 Likes

this sounds like you either brutally decayed your mmr by a big loosing streak or you are joining groups that are way lower than you are.
constant 50% winrate is usually enough to get you to around 1800 in rbgs.
1600 isn’t a big deal at all and the majority of players achieve it. keep on playing, repair your mmr and only join groups around your rating.

5 Likes

it night mare thier dude like m plus not kidding u all boost groups run around and beyond thet so hard push all rendom specail players dont know intrup or peel is yes 1.6 mmr not hard get boyond thet eh relly hard

Sucks don’t it. People tend to get as high as they can in RBGs then play in another bracket so you still get the vault rewards without losing the ability to upgrade. Though some are the opposite, play arena then jump into RBGs.
It’s not healthy for the game. So low MMR is full of high geared people, in 2s/3s and RBGs.

Gear disparity, yes there should be better gear for better ranks. But it’s way too big of a gap at the moment.

6 Likes

The whole idea of scaling reward PvP gear ilvl to MMR is a bust imho.
MMR should only have a cosmetic progresion. Then downscale the rated PvP gear outside of PvP to prevent the raiders from taking a shortcut.
Scaled gear progression makes sense in PvE because the enemies are the same on the difficulty set.

6 Likes

make sure ur group is all about same cr as yourself. Then u wont lose 20 points

and when u get matched against higher mmr teans you can gain up to 20 points per win. You dont even lose points when you lose when the difference is that high.

4 Likes

That’s due to your mmr not cr, if you have low mmr you’re gonna gain less for wins and lose more for losses and vice versa. You need to play with a stable team to fix your mmr, pugs are notorious for loss streaks and tanking your mmr.

And to some of the other posters: you don’t need to get boosted but you do need to find sth like a pvp community and preferably a stable team, you can’t yolo pug forever.

Like would you expect to yolo pug mythic raid pushes? What do you think rated pvp is? It’s end-game content. Smh. I’ve got the sessions in my calendar just like a raider, it ain’t a mini game.

1 Like

ive done that this season too
and tbh wont bother going back to 1600
its just honor leechers dont belong in rated bgs
easy to ignore objectives players dont care like regular bgs

Dont play with people that are way way way below your cr and mmr.

Join groups with voice only.
Make sure everyone is around the same rating.
Pay attention to class composition, sometimes this is more important than gear.
And don’t give up. You can reach 1600 again!

1 Like

Gear upgrade tied with rating is pure misery. Thats it. Also pugs being not good despite somehow having rating is surprising to me. I cant wrap my head how people who play worse are in the same bracket, and i am not talking teammates. I want a real struggle in my games, not one-sided matches.

I haven’t even got to 1400 rating and I feel this pain.

TLDR, my guild started doing some ‘for fun’ rPvP nights. We’re raiders and M+ carebears, typically ilvl 215-220, but many of us started with zero rating (and some didn’t even have PvP trinkets or any versatility gear). We spent several weeks losing a lot, but we still got to around 1200 rating… where the problem began.

Now every loss is around -12, and every win is around +8.

We need a 60%+ win rate just to stay level, and frankly, we aren’t going to pull that off. It seems likely we will now slide back down, apparently forever.

Not sure what to do about this… there seems to be some kind of trap where you lose a few times in a row, and then you can’t gain enough rating to recover without unrealistic win ratios.

All: what’s the expected way out of this situation, other than giving up? Is this why boosting is such a big thing now?

1 Like

Yeah but how the f do you get a stable group when everyone always quits after a single loss (alway ending up with less rating than started, now even less than 1500), and it takes like an hour to even form a group? And why did pugging work all throughout BFA and early in SL and suddenly it’s like a brick wall?

Also forming a rated BG group is the worst thing ever because you are in a raid group and can’t progress with anything while waiting. Such awful design.

Ok so forming a stable group… I’m not saying it’s quick or easy, it is totally a pain in the buttcheaks ngl.

RBGer’s Option A) You keep hopping groups with comms in lfg until you find one with a good vocal leader who knows some tactics and you play with that group until it falls apart and grind a lot in that session. Rince and repeat. Leave bad qroups quickly, stick to good ones, play fotm so that you’re taken in the first place. Don’t join groups with bad comp or uneven cr, inspect people to be absolutely sure before you queue with them.

RBGer’s Option B) Research tactics and become a leader, make your own groups, make a Discord they will join and keep track of who played well and was vocal and invite them for the next rbg run. It will take a lot of time to build that stable group that always comes, but at this point you have full control over your experience. It’s also inevitably a neverending story as people just get bored with the game and unsub or their work life gets busy, but you should be able to have a core group of people who simply wanna play together and become friends more or less.

It has become harder to recruit people now the xpac isn’t fresh anymore though and some evenings/nights the queue is kinda sorta dead and that’s a problem for sure as it’s not fun for anyone to be wasting their life waiting for decent people for a game. It never took me an hour though, it’s been around 20 minutes usually I think. If you think it’s hard now there’s much less (suitable if any at all) applicants on higher ratings so be prepared if you manage to climb.

I have no experience with rbg lfg from BFA so can’t comment on that, but weren’t rbgs proclaimed dead during that xpac?

LFG is totally a bad design though I agree, it’s dated, the ui needs to be redone. If they don’t do something about this I will truly have to admit they’re just milking WoW until there’s nothing left.

*that ended up really long, sorry about that :))

Too much effort if u planning to play 1-2 days per week, nobody playing RBG, but want just gear up and get elite set for free with R1 requirements to any1 who want to play with them.

thet brecket night mare feul thier same as 1.8 nightmare feul

Brooooooo l2p rbgs are easiest thing in the world you cant even loose rating till 1800. Wtf are you doing can you push buttons?

Lol i manage to hit 1800 on my 156 ilvl mw monk in a week. Just click on blazing boost commercial on youtube they are like in every video. People these days cant even use main feature of pvp in this expansion - boost. Its so sad…

Or just hit 1800 in 2s lol? So ez…i managed to get my alt to 220 ilvl in a 2 days. Well i played 10k arenas so far and have multi 2k experience but everbody have that right? Why there is even rating under 1800 idk…let the monkeys play in zoo not mmorpgs??? Thats just 90% of playerbase which are under 1800 so let them play world quests or something they are capable of.

That’s what happens when you lose alot games to low rated people.

You should work on your communication,because 0-1400 games are hilarious.

I am not saying you are bad or your team,but 99% games below 1600 rating are without communication,and you should take advantage of that.

Also,do not invite low rated people,if you lose they gonna tank your mmr even more.Try finding stable group,with same people (at least 8 people) and even then,when you invite LFG people,inspect their rating and its important that they have positive win ratio.

If they have negative win ratio,their mmr compared to CR is in africa.

It doesn’t take much to climb out of the low mmr,few wins in a row and you are good.

Again,avoid doing stupid mistakes vs low mmr team.Communicate with your team,which you should do,and you should do it well,since you all do pve which requires communication.

There’s absolutelly NO excuse not to have pvp trinket set.

That’s the first thing you buy when you want to pvp.

Having no versa gear,and entering game where you have 8 enemy players doing dmg to you at the same time,you might as well avoid entering bg queue in the first place.You are handing free wins to enemy team most of the time.

Even if you have mythic raid gear,and best pve trinkets in game,you still gonna lose in your 229 ilvl,to 200 ilvl people,because 200 ilvl players would probably oneshot you due to 0 versa.

I get it that you are pve guild and all that,but if you want to pvp,you either start farming honor or mythic + with hopes to get versa gear.

Again,most teams do not communicate at low ratings,use and abuse crap out of that,get a good leader,and make people listen to target calling.Also,you cant expect to win games with any setup.You cant invite 5 warriors,or 3 dh’s etc…

Try and get 3 convoke boomies,affli lock,warrior,dk,resto shaman (for skyfury totem during convokes) + random healers and one more dps.

Having 3 boomies is free win on any rating,especially low ratings,because people do not expect nor can heal that kind of dmg.

2 Likes