Magtheridon lag

Hello

Since a few days, Magtheridon has been very laggy. Nazjatar seems to be the zone that has it the worst. The lag there has reached a level where the game is nearly unplayable. I have seen many players report this problem in general chat although none have a high latency (I myself average 25ms). I have tried logging a ticket and have completed all fields as required but could not submit it.

Is this a known issue? Can anything be done on our end to alleviate the issue a bit?

I haven’t been on recently, but I did send an alt from Magtheridon into Naz a couple of days ago, and it was unplayable. Zone chat agreed with me. I checked with an alt from Draenor, and Naz was fine on that one.

I assumed it was related to the other network problems Blizzard were having with Battlenet. Maybe not. I’ll pop some character in there tonight and have a look.

Edit: Nope, it’s fine for me now, on a character from Magtheridon. For clarification, the lag I was seeing a couple of days ago was what I call “server lag”: my “Home latency” and “Server latency” as shown in WoW were normal - 22-23 ms - and so was my FPS. The problem was that interacting with NPCs was delayed. Opening the mailbox or having an NPC acknowledge me took maybe 2 seconds, and combat was just weird.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming my post. Sometimes the lag is doable indeed but other times it’s just horrible. I guess it depends on how many people have stopped trying by the time you zone in? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Possibly. My first thought is that server lag is caused by the server processing too many event messages to keep up with them all, but I’d need to know a lot more than I do about the architecture of the system to be sure.

Hey guys,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing numerous spell/action delays and lag when trying to play in Nazjatar.

We have investigated these issues and aren’t seeing any specific server side cause for this, but there have been various reports from players that resetting their in-game interface has helped.

Interface modifications or old addons can cause several issues in World of Warcraft so please can you work through our Interface Reset guide.

If you still have troubles after working through the above guide, please try working through our Connection Troubleshooting article, including the Advanced Troubleshooting and World of Warcraft sections to ensure to cover the most common potential causes of connection issues.

Yep. I’m another one. Magtheridon and Naz is unplayable. 3-5 second delay in everything. ONLY in that zone though. Everywhere else is fine.

It’s been like this for about a week.

Hello Emkasslo

Thank you for the reply but I barely use any addons and they are all updated. My connection is just fine, I have tried all of the basic methods already and as I said: my ping averages only 25ms.

I am now fortunately done with Nazjatar and have unlocked flying. So I went on to Voldunai to see if I could hit Exalted with them but noticed the lag there is equally terrible and the game just comes to a crawl. As you can see some other players have already spoken up about this as well and I see lag reports in general chat daily. Please investigate this matter further.

Just as I was typing this I saw a bunch of commotion in the General chat again about the lag. I made a screenshot but it’s not letting me share the link?