Make Kael or Rommath the blood elves leaders

If we can bring him back, get kael’thas to be the bloodelf leader for the playable faction again. If that doesn’t work then chose Rommath. Since in my opinion it should always be a mage who lead a race of Highborne elves. Thalyssra leads the Nightborne. Mordrent Evenshade the Shen’dralar. Azshara the Naga. Magister Umbric leads the Void elves. It is as obvious as the day that highborne elves should be led by a mage. Blizzard has some changes to do. The blood elves deserve a good well powered mage leader as their own.

1 Like

…is this an attempt to be the originator of all the topics on the front page?

Well, at least this one is a bit novel. A race mostly defined by magic should be lead by a mage… is okay, as an idea, I guess. That’s not how the situation is, though, so you’d have to justify the change by storytelling.

4 Likes

Which is exactly what I am saying yes. A mage like Rommath and Kael are both is much more fitting as representitive compared to Lor’themar who is, after a breakdown, nothing more then a guy with a Sword and Bow.

Tbh playing the horde as the weaker faction might finally encourage people to play alliance :rofl:

On a serious note it does seem weird we have a dude with a sword leading a race known for magic

3 Likes

Cause Magic didn’t protect Quel’thelas from Arthas.

Some elves got too addicted to it that they turned Wretched.

It’s both a good and bad thing in Elven history. That’s why Night elves banned it for some while.

Quel’thelas relied on protection from 7 sources

• Outer and Inner gates
  • Magic
  • Farstriders (Hunter/warriors)
  • Key of the three moons
  • Runestones
  • Sunwell
  • The Trees of Eversong

Some of the stuff above failed during the Invastion

1 Like

Not sure if you’ve got the memo Ere, but Keal’Thas is dead.

1 Like

He will return with us after Shadowlands. That’s my biggest hope.

He won’t. There is no narrative purpose for that.

1 Like

There is. Our current leader isn’t even a mage. Also he isn’t even trying to make himself a king. If he had any guts he would have claimed the crown by now but he didn’t. A mage like Rommath and Kael are wouldn’t have urgent waiting and get stuff done in the meantime. He is the regent lord. aka just a stand in for the true leader to emerge. Which should either be Kael or Rommath because they were the highest ranking authorities of blood elf society by the time TBC happened.

The ruined Kael’thas in BC and they know that. They already “fixed” Illidan, I think its time for Kael.

He will be redeemd in shadowlands I hope. If they fix him hard enough he might be able to return to his people.

kael’s dead though

1 Like

I’m sating that Kael is not coming back because there is no purpose for him to come back. Belves already moved on without him. At best he will stay with the vamps in SL and that would be it. Don’t expect for him to return from the dead, you’re setting yourself for disappointment.

And btw your previous hairstyle looked better.

Can we get back A’lar at least? You know, the powerful God of all Phoenixes and the favourite pet and friend of Kael that he could summon to incinerate Scourge and Amani…now Rommath could summon him instead…or being a powerful fire elemental did A’lar go the Firelands and not Shadowlands to regenerate himself?

1 Like

You already have Al’Aal in game. All you have to do is farm Tempest keep to get this mount.

With Alliance having nearly it’s entire Hero rooster from Warcraft 3 (minus some Arthas) and even from Warcraft 2 with Turalyon and Alleria back. All they need is to ship Khadgar from Kirin Tor to Stormwind and voila, off they go.

While the Horde lost nearly it’s every Hero with Thrall being the only survivor. So I do not see having Kael’thas back as something evil.

The greatest obstacle with this might be the fact that I see him being set up as the new leader of Revendreth since we are going to wreck Danathrius one month after SL releases with the first raid tier.

Why I do think Kael’thas might be set up there? For the same reason why I think Draka and Uther are going to lead their respective covenants. SL are in turmoil and utter chaos right now. And as always we are going there to lay down the law and clean the house. After which we do it new order will be needed.

But if I am wrong and there will be an exception or more like a reward due to cleaning up SL where we can pick one dead to come with us back to the realm of the living, Kael’thas would be the best choice. After all his story is that of redemption.

2 Likes

you do know rommath leads the magisters right, he already is a leading figure of the government of silvermoon

But why? Leading a nation is a totally different thing than being a powerful mage. You need to take care of stuff like tax policy, laws, foreign policy, trading agreements and many many many many more stuff. Turns out Lor’themar is a pretty good at that.

1 Like

Lor’themar is nothing. Just a guy with a sword and a Bow. Even Shandris has more powers then him. Lor’themar is pathetic and should not lead the blood elves.

At least he’s fairly good at writing poetry :wink:

1 Like