Make Leveling great again ft. lvl squish

I edited main post to promote WPVP @see bonus idea and how can low levels be involved . I also misspelled Hellfire P because the forums won’t let me write the word as it says it’s offensive lol

Leveling is boring because most people leveling nowadays are leveling alts anyway, and by that i mean like a 4th or 7th or 10th alt or so.

Wich means most people have levelled through the same content over and over and over and over again. Its still time-taking af, boring af, and it will remain so no matter what they do with it.

Im currently levelling a monk alt, i would for example never play a pandaren, but because of that extra rested-xp boost i choose to level as pandaren. Making the grind slightly less painful.

What they really should do is make leveling faster, at least for people who have several level capped toons, or make it an option so those who “Want the experience” can choose to do so.

leveling is a big part of an MMO in my opinion, but it should be challenging . WE have ways and buffs to improve the speed we really miss the challenge an alternative ways to levelup other than spamming quests an dungeons . See ideas for bg/wpvp.

1 Like

How about for example for pve levelers like me to decrease the speed of leveling like it was in classic and add world quests to old zones that would give you bonus xp and small amount of silver and gold upon completion also to add some new talent trees and return some old spells and meele abilities we had what do you think of this one also those world quests would give you reputation towards different capital city reps.

the thing is: im beginning to ask myself: “why are you still levelling new alts?” is so boring so dull so bad, so so so terrible.
Why im levelling in the end? I dont know… maybe just for the achievement
This is why i dont like the actual situation but i dont think buffing XP would be a good solution. It will bring new chars to 120 faster never adding any to the game.

I think leveling would not be so bad if there was a point to it, or if you could explore the timelines either as they were, or as the world is now - but not the time-warbled mess we’re questing through now.

Leveling used to be like living a long story. Now it’s like browsing Youtube and watching every clip for half a minute. The RPG part of this game is inherently broken, which is a damn shame.

I was planning on leveling all the allied races on both sides to max for their armor… but I’ll stick to the Mag’har (and the Zandalar, once unlocked) - and that will be a Test of Will, which I do not look forward to.

1 Like

Some people just want to hit 120 asap, some people want to level slow having a challenge and an experience while doing so.

Why does it have to be one way or another? They could make fast vs slow/challenging an option and satisfying more people.

I guess there are many reasons for leveling alts: Reaching their goals as level capped, wanting to try another class, broken class/spec, getting tired of their class ++ and whatnot.

Making the game less alt-leveling friendly would not be a wise move from blizz, as it probably would lower subscriber-numbers even more.

sincerely i dont know. I tend to change main every exp. but every exp it becomes more diff to level one new main cuz is always longer to reach the cap.
BUT i would like to have this revamp of the old content to enjoy again something different form end game.

DONT! RUIN! LEVELING! ANYMORE!

You dont like it. Fine. I get it.

There exists ways to get max lvl alts very quickly, if you want to.

What about those of us who do like leveling? Not to level alts to get to end game? I level alts to pass time. Even now the leveling is AGAIN too too quick. I didnt even equip heirlooms and I’m breezing trough the levels.
Leveling was just fine after some of the changes blizz did recently, now they nerfed the xp required, if I recall 25% average. Thats worth 2-3 heirlooms. I cant unequip those heirlooms.

You people arent happy until you can get max lvl characters in a few hours. I had once discussion in guild about leveling and apparently it was bad in their opinion because they couldnt anymore get max lvl character in few hours. Thats not how game is supposed to be. You got ways to skip it, if you want, but dont make it so for EVERYONE.

Leveling is good waste of time. Wow generally is good waste of time. Dont ruin it.

Wow is a game. Why make game part that is entirely skippable or meant to be skippable. I want to play the game. There exists the other portion of game that isnt the toxic end game that everyone seems to want to play. Im entirely casual now and I dont want to involve myself in m+ or raids. You might not think anything outside of that end game is worth anything, but it is.

Dont ruin leveling out of your selfishness and impatience.

People like different things.

You are asking for things to be ruined because you dont like it.

3 Likes

but leveling is not just slow atm its plain Boring. no challenge.

Heritage armour!!!

1 Like

Another extensive discussion is happening on a similar topic.

Conclusion I’ve reached is they need to make levelling more rewarding, and one way I can see that happening is through a Cata-esque talent tree system. Honestly the talent trees and uniqueness of the spec identities were one of the best things about that xpac.

I wouldn’t mind such a big number of 120 to level to, if 1-100 wasn’t slow and boring.

yes. i think is the only thing.

Who is saying leveling slow?

The part that people seem to quote most is the tbc+northrend portion. Before, without heirlooms, you had to do roughly 4-5 zones. Usually for me this was borean, grizzly hills/zul’drak, sholazar, icecrown/stormpeaks. Some days ago I leveled my kul’tiran trough the area. Without heirlooms I only had to do borean entirely and most of grizzly hills. Thats less than 2 zones. Tbc portion took roughly the same amount. Vanillas areas I had to do 1.5 zones less to be 60lvl when before I always went to tbc zones at 58.

Its faster now than ever before at least by questing. Anyone who says leveling is slow, is in my eyes someone who is impatient. I would have added worse words there, but I dont think thats neccessary.

As far as how boring it is, thats just opinion.

Why do you people even complain about leveling, if you hate it. I’m sure you already got your max lvl characters. Leveling another character should be something you do very rarely, if ever.

So please. Dont break it anymore. Its nearly broken already after it was fine for a short while.

That is the only reason I still level new chars atm. If we didn’t have to level and could get them by using a boost I would :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Challenge” isn’t an absolute.

For whom should Blizzard make levelling challenging? Kripparian, who got World First Ironman? Sco? Rogerbrown? Preach? Cdew? Sure, they could make levelling challenging for those guys, but then you and I won’t make it at all.

Challenging for me? Well, pitiful though I am, if they make it challenging for me, there are lots of people who still won’t make it.

“Challenge” is the wrong metric. (So is speed, but that’s another topic.)

Levelling does various things for different people. Different people want different things from levelling. It’s not as simple as “challenge”.

That wouldn’t lead to friends farming each other on other factions.

Which is one of several dozen reasons why level scaling is an awful idea.

Some want to level fast and have a challenging time. They can go kill red and orange mobs and do the associated quests and get huge bonuses and the occational kick up their rear.

Some want to level slow and chill. They can do green quests. They get to have a chillax times. Pull radius is small, mobs are relatively easy, and if you make the tail of levels of where a quest is green really long, they can stay in a zone long past their intended level and still get lore in abudance.

Most players fall somewhere in between.

However, if you only give one choice, then that choice necessarily has to be on the easy side of the spectrum, because if it isn’t, you have huge swathes of people who can’t enjoy the game at all, because they literally can’t complete anything.

Now, if you’re a player that’s already seen the world and just wanna level fast, and you’re simultaneously forced to experience the game in a way that makes it very, very easy, then you’re going to be very, very bored. You get precisely what everyone’s talking about:

• Soulless - you’ve already experienced the zones and story
  • Easy - you’re way too adept for the mobs, and they fall over with no effort
  • Grind - You’re doing the same thing over and over again for small gains. Lots of mobs to kill, no adventure in any of it.
2 Likes

You are doing just the same mate. Why does it have to be one way or another? I say let there be an option to level fast af for those who want it that way (Myself included) and an option to go slow like vanilla (Or even slower for that matter) for those who want it.

Quite.

IF they got basic levelling right (big IF there), I’d be soooo in favour of allowing people with experience and looms and gold to gain speed-ups with potions and challenges that would be tough but require the player to display some skill with the class.