MASSIVE BUG with Mail system

I had a friend who logged on with missing gold, turns out when you input the digits into the mail and then cancel it and come back a few hours later that gold is still there.

I had a friend about to send me money and i told him not to, later he sells an item to a guy and tells him to post it to him not realising that the gold is still in the mail. I tested this out and accidentally sent 100g to my bank alt.

He lost 70g and has spoken with the GM and the GM is not telling him who the gold went to but can confirm the gold was sent through mail.

is there anyway he could get his gold back?

8 Likes

Just tried this, same for me. What a strange bug. Blizz needs to get on that. I’ve reported it in game and I would suggest you do the same.
(Menu > Help > Submit Bug)

Can confirm. Blizz need to fix

#nochange

(For the weak ones: this is a sarcastic post)

1 Like

Strange bug. But nothing in Classic surprises me anymore.

bump. bump bumping thread

That’s a terrible bug. Feel bad for your friend :x

:tired_face:

Thanks for the goldz :wink:

Thank you for the warning until this is fixed. With Classic bugs are definitely not being fixed quickly so a post like this letting everyone know is very helpful.

I thought you got an extra confirmation with the gold mentioned if you do send to an unknown character? Could be wrong though.

Seems like a very annoying bug.

The assisted retailfrog UI we have now autofills names of random players (even alts from other realms, in Classic, smh) which is dangerous when you are used to only type the first letter of your bank alt before sending something to it, one day, some other player that you have interacted with could be autofilled instead of the alt name and receive free gold.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.