Match arenas by ilvl?

Given how significant gear is in determining the outcome of the game, it feels like rating no longer correctly reflects what kind of opponents we’re going to face - so why is rating even used?

There need to be brackets of ilvl that can be matched against each other. So that those 40k’ers can have fun facing each other.

It is incredibly annoying to face opponents that outgear you, almost every single game. Surely they should be climbing and getting the f*** out of the rating they don’t belong in?

2 Likes

One way to solve it would be to have gear scale downwards by bracket.

Meaning if some guy with 200ilvl is being boosted his ilvl remains 200 until he gets new gear. But someone with 227ilvl from being gladiator would get scaled down to 220 or something if they play at 1800cr to match the highest level of gear attainable at that bracket.

I would approve this, wouldn’t destroy gear progression but gear wouldn’t have the same impact as it currently has in lower brackets. I got my first 2100shadowlands in 3s and then I could blow over all the 200 ilvl guys in 2s. I think an issue right now is also that people get geared from doing rbgs while having 0 arena skills so they stay hardstuck at 1.4-.1.6 with 226 ilvl against people with 207-213

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.