Materials all over the World of Warcraft

Hello everybody. I want to share an idea (sorry if there’s been such one already) that might be a step towards reusing old content and make the game and professions a bit more engaging.

The idea is to make crafting require materials from other expansions. For example, to use iron, saronite and oxxein bars to craft a sword; silverleaf, dreamfoil, aethril and essence of water to prepare a potion etc.

It makes old content relevant. It boosts the economy. And it makes items more interesting, crafting more rewarding, gathering more engaging. Also, levelling characters is more rewarding since gathering materials is meaningful and profitable. By gathering peacebloom as lvl 10 I feel like I actually support some lvl 60 alchemists.

A small, big thing.

Thanks!

Requiring players to farm legacy content for mats to current content crafting will be very unpopular among the crafters.

Using legacy mats as optional reagents however for certain effects could be interesting. We already have the use of legacy mats for Blacksmith, Leatherworkers and Tailors for crafting Relics of the Past, a range of optional reagent that lowers the ilvl of crafted gear from Legacy professions. These crafts are especially popular for twinks.

Blizzard intentionally chose to not have legacy content relevant for crafting, as it would take players out of the new expansion.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.