Mature language filter marks "classic" as mature language

Today I noticed that the word classic has the middle *ss censored out when using in-game battle.net messages to friends (in-game channels like /say worked fine). Further, when I went to update our guildfinder post in the guild recruitment section in game, it would not allow me to submit a text with the word classic in it, presumably because *ss is detected as a mature word. Some screenshots at https://imgur.com/a/RPFFXKN.

Does anyone else experience the same issue?

1 Like

I suspect you are absolutely right. Sadly the language filters seem quite basic in that the letters cant be used as part of words…

This is a new development though, and I hope it will be reverted too. The filter never detected classic as a bad word before. I’ve been using virtually the same recruitment post for the entire shadowlands season.

Yeah, it seems to be letters 3, 4 and 5. Maybe use a URL shortener?

Thanks for reporting this, Belayda!

We’ve become aware of this ourselves, and we’re actively chasing down what happened and correcting wrongly flagged words for this as we find them or get them reported to us. Please add them in the thread if you find more for our records!

1 Like