Mechagnomes disturbing?

After seeing the youtube video of their customization, i found mechagnomes to be disturbing.
It’s mutilated gnomes with just a torso and a head. It’s pretty disgusting to me!

What do you guys think of them? I hope they don’t become an allied race despite rumors…
I don’t get why Blizz couldn’t make them fully mechanical, like Mimiron’s boys.

PS: i didn’t link the video cause it might be against the rules, since it’s a datamine.

8 Likes

What’s disturbing is that punting them could actually hurt. Just a little though.

2 Likes

That’s why you stick a rocket on them, or place them on the seesaw toy and have a tauren jump on the other end orrrrr use a catapult.

They look cool as for being allied race. Well, they got new dance animation. And Blizzard usualy don’t make dances for NPC. They used to like for Ogres but not anymore.

I don’t like that. It’s like making a race from a gadget

I mean, they’re not mutilated. They have mechanical parts to enhance their bodies. Kind of like gnome-cyborgs.

1 Like

We can get Undeads with missing bits of flesh but mecha gnomes are disturbing ? Idk i don’t mind them although i don’t want to play one.

Still have to wait ~3 weeks for confirmation though.

1 Like

Undead are … Undead. Worms have got to managed to eat something.
But making a race with bodies with mechanical parts, it seems like a fabrication, not a real race.
Looks like someone’s army. Not a race.

Can’t wait for them to come out… loving the new hairstyles!

PS Some people in real life have that kind of thing and they aren’t disturbing :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/amputee-gamer-gets-bionic-arm-inspired-metal-gear-solid/

What’s disturbing is that punting them might make their limbs fall off…

Kind of agree with the OP. I’m not a one for cyberpunk and I find the massive body modifications a bit offputting. I mean, it’s amazing when people have accidentally lost a limb, but mechagnomes seem to be doing it to be better, stronger, and faster…

Brace yourself, as you will play Cybergnomes 2033.

3 Likes

They look more steampunk to me then cyberpunk. Im all for it though! I love the aesthetic and dont find them creepy at all.
Only thing that make me wonder about their Allied Race status is how armor would work on them. I mean if you have all 4 limbs as metal how will your chest and leg armor work??

Not a real race?
Unlike wolf people? Unlike big walking and talking cows?
Unlike ninja pandas? Unlike… well… you get my point.

This is a fantasy game with fantasy races.

I like them. Don’t know if I would play one though if they turn out to be an allied race. That will depend on their customization and heritage armor mainly.

2 Likes

No one… manufactured big cows and pandas.
Adding body parts takes technology and someone has to provide that,
and that is an action above race.
It’s like I said earlier, making a race out of … gadgets.

They’re gnomes! They’re geniuses! :nerd_face:

But we already have gnomes. If gnomes manufactured something it’s a gadget. Not a race. That’s my point.

1 Like

never liked gnomes anyway, they’re super annoying

1 Like

WHAT?

(alt of shamanakis)

And we already had humans. Yet we got Kul Tirans.
We already had trolls. Yet we got Zandalari.
We already had tauren. Yet we got Highmountain tauren.
We already had blood elves. Yet we got void elves.
Etc.

All allied races so far are basically just another take on existing races.
So in that regard Mechagnomes would fit perfectly.

The first allied race to actually break the mold would be Vulpera. IF they’re not simply turned into a proper race instead.

3 Likes

But all those alt races you name are not manufactured.
Not made with tools.

Mind you, I do have my objections with that kind of flavor-racing too.