Min. iLvl on BGs

So when blizz ? when will you man up and fix BGs ? Getting ppl that havnt played the patch in every game is pretty annoying. Wathcing ppl with 50-250k HP, No cloak and no encs over and over is really BS.
I know there isnt any pvp vendors to " buy " gear, but that dosnt mean ppl cant do abit of WQs and dailys to atlest get patch gear.
On another note, I gladly move to the US or any other office around the world to take a job and fix it for you.

Min. iLvl / Cloak or just something to join BGs could help alot…

12 Likes

If you don’t like undergeared people in BGs, make your own group and go rated.

10 Likes

Random Battlegrounds are (& should remain) for everyone.

If people want less disparity between min-max, they shouldn’t have cried so hard about templates/scaling.

13 Likes

Wtf is this argument (for everyone) ?

Ofc its for everyone , just like random dungeons are for everyone but they require a minimum ilvl to join to prevent fresh dinged chars from joining with 70k hp

Especially at bgs we need this filter too,whats the point of trolling and joining with green/blues and 80k hp?

Do you want to make your team lose faster or what?

5 Likes

No.
I want a balanced game with as large a player pool as possible, where everyone stands on a similarly equal footing.

Scaling was introduced to reduce the disparity between min-max. People cried about scaling until it’s effectiveness was drastically diminished.
The obvious effect of removing/reducing scaling, is a huge disparity between ilvl.

In other words, people wanted their gear to have such a huge impact that they could crush lowbies in bg’s.
They got their wish.

Removing lowbies (setting a minimum ilvl) brings us back to square1 where the difference between min-max is reduced (as it was with scaling/templates). Y’know, the thing that made people want their gear to have a hugerer impact & thus forcing lowbies to be less useful.

9 Likes

So image 1 is effectively what we have now. High ilvl crushing low ilvl.

By kicking out lowbies, pvp would closer resemble the 2nd image. Which, funny enough, has the exact same effect as scaling (which people cried about) except with less overall players queuing for bg’s.

3 Likes

Who said about removing lowbies?We are just asking for people to do at least half day /played before they que for random,like at least obtain Cloak and Conquest cap (casual) 3-4 Conquest items.

Assuming just dinged 120 unlock Nazjatar dailies so you can participate in Battle:

50 Conquest from win + 100 from weekly + 75 from Air Drop = 225

Daily Assault & Warchest = 110

Call to Arms quests & AoO weekly = 50 + 50 +75 =175

In less than few hours you got your cloak + 1st Conquest cap item.

I didnt even mention as bonus if you find any Assasin (+60 Conquest) or join specific Wintergrasp +150 Conquest for the : Kill 10 npcs = 150 Conquest.

To me,people who join without cloak + green items aka 80k hp are either trolls,morons or plain expect to get carried without putting a minimal effort to their char’s progression.

5 Likes

It’s in the title of this thread?

If there’s a minimum ilvl, lowbies are excluded from playing.

5 Likes

You and i are having a conversation rn, you just said ‘removing lowbies’ , i gave you an example of how you can gear up fast without damaging your team by joining bgs with green gear and 80k hp.

Please go read again what i said.
We just need a minimum ilvl filter like dungeons have.

None preventing people to join random dungeons,they just need to put few hours of gameplay before they join them.

How hard is to understand?

3 Likes

Apparently ‘very’.

I know how people can gear up.
This thread isn’t about how easy or hard it is to gear up. It’s not about where to get gear from or how much conquest one aquires from an airdrop.

It’s about setting a minimum ilvl.

If we set a minimum ilvl, lowbies are excluded from bg’s, with the same end result as scaling.
…just with less people in the player pool.

4 Likes

I only keep my sub active to play random bgs,thats the only thing i like in this game atm.

How im supposed to play them without getting my team destroyed and actually help them?
By not joining in any of my ats as 70k hp with greens.

How can i avoid this?By gearing up with these steps i’ve mentioned.

If someone wants to play random dungeons only,he/she got to gear up a bit with wqs to join them.

We ask the same thing for battlegrounds.
You can bypass the minimum ilvl requirements for bgs in around /1,5 days played if you do the following i’ve mentioned.

Sadly Honor is not here as currency so you can farm Honor to buy 2nd tier items from bgs anymore so the only reason to go there is for the daily 40 Conquest if you have a minimum ilvl or if you play premade to farm Honor.

1 Like

FWIW, if you set the same ilevel requirement for BGs as you do for random dungeons - or even heroics -, you’ve accomplished pretty much nothing. Setting it any higher than that would not be very fair.

You might not see sub-100k HP people with a minimum ilevel set, but you’ll definitely see 200k HP ones, without cloak, essences and whatnot, who will get oneshot by people decked out in 470+ gear just as fast as sub-100k ones.

1 Like

Same.

From Legion to today, I’ve jumped into bg’s & avoided PvE as much as possible. I’ll continue to do that in the future. If BG’s drop subpar gear, that’s what I’ll be playing with.
If my team has a problem with my undergeared alts, they can direct their cries to the people who bemoaned templates/scaling.

2 Likes

hey that’s me PogU

Curiously, why did you bemoan scaling?

you mean the scaling we have now or we had in WoD ?

Now
<10char

because it creates a disconnection between the player character and dmg/healing numbers they actually put out & receive ?

it is somewhat necessary with this amount of power creep we have in BfA but it is just a band-aid fix to a much bigger problem that should be tackled.

if Blizzard would put out something like a spreadsheet on how the % of scaling and the whole system works I wouldn’t be too upset with it but with the fact that they don’t nobody has really an Idea whats going on with their character and that obviously cant be a good thing.

1 Like

It sounds like your problem isn’t so much with the concept of scaling as with the lack of understanding of scaling mechanics?

Unfortunately I can’t sympathise, as understanding the mechanics doesn’t bother me personally. I honestly don’t feel like I need to know exactly what my RSK will put out at any given moment in any given chaotic fight in relation to my buffs/procs/hp vs randomly tabbed enemy buffs/procs/hp.

In short, I don’t care how it works.
I just know I prefer a competitive fight than facing someone I’ll one-shot or blow my cd’s on something immortal to me.

3 Likes

well then you are indeed different to most people I speak to who still play PvP, I also prefer to exactly know whats going on with my character.

2 Likes