Missed opportunity

So I was watching Preach talk about his favorite raids and when he mentionned how AQ and its opening felt epic, how it made WoW an actual MMO, that made me think, why couldn’t they do something similar with SL?

Obviously the story would have needed to be changed but I feel like being “the chose one” every expansion feels awfully redundant and flavorless.

What if the story was that somehow a lot of azerothians (as adventurers not maw walkers) managed to get into the Shadowlands and we had to prove our worth as a whole to unlock new story beats or simply the doors of CN, gathering anima could have been way more impactful if an entire server had to gather more every week to unlock stuff. We could’ve had a faction that unlocks new things everytime the server makes progress too.

It’s just a first draft of the idea and it’s obviously not gonna appeal to everyone but what do you guys think? Would you have preferred something like that? What would you do with the idea? Lemme know I’m curious.

1 Like

I m waiting ashes of creation and its node system. Maybe it will be the true wow killer( atm this game has already a bad shape)

Big kek. You already know the game will die in a year, probably sooner.

On topic: Event like AQ opening would be nice but I can imagine the forum posts of Blizzard timegsting raiding and content behind a tedious grind lol.

1 Like

People romanticize events or features of the game quite often without considering the downsides.

The opening of the gates was a brutal, horrific grind that took forever and lead to an event that few could actually participate in and fewer still actually benefited from.

Was it cool to read about? Sure. Do I want to see more like that? Not really.

2 Likes

We will see…node server system is something explosive. What we have on the other hand? Some new raids every 6 months? wq? Borrowed powers over and over?

Depends on who you ask, a lot of people couldn’t even get to Kalimdor because they got stuck in an infinite loop of boat loading screens and servers crashing porting them back to Eastern Kingdoms. Top that off with all the raid guilds just blitzing past the mobs that spawned at the opening to go into the raid and leaving the casual playerbase that didn’t have any gear or wasn’t even max level to get curb stomped by all the elite mobs that spawned.

Blizzard already has major lag in zones when a world boss is up on Wednesdays, a massive event like AQ would fry the servers.

1 Like

Creating envy for those who were not there at that time ain’t feeling good. For instance, I was still playing on unofficial servers on wrath to Mop, so I don’t have mop’s dungeons challenge’s armors sets. Does it feel good? Nope.

Don’t get me wrong, I do understand the epicness of this kind of event but this creates envy among the playerbase. What if someone quits because he does not have time to play for 6 months. Then he’s missing on this even because IRL is more important than gaming right? It does not feel good.

Huh what?

Ok obviously I wasn’t clear enough, I never said it has to be exactly like AQ, I said it could be similar, the details about the event itself could’ve been changed to be more casual friendly and/or avoid technical issues so everyone could’ve felt included.

My idea is that in the lore the players should have been working together to make it progress, right now in the story we’re The Maw Walker, the savior, basically it could be a single player RPG story it would be exactly the same and it feels out of place in an MMO if even the story tells you’re doing all of this alone.

Now that we’ve established that are you guys still feeling the same?

It would definitely need to be something everyone could do. Blizz have moved away from the elite few get things when it comes to open world events. It was a hideous punishing grind. Many got stuff funnelled to them or farmed to sell on AH.

Ashes of creation,new MMO in developement

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.