Missing Data from when i played Vanilla

I have opened a couple of tickets after receiving back information about my data i requested. Im 99.9% sure im missing some information but the team just reply back with that cant access that information as its to do with legal department?

With the talk of classic around i just wanted to look over my account out of interest and how much i spent over the years with 2 accounts to find there was only traces of my account from 2007, with the data i got back as requested there was info of a character being played 2 months before TBC. I ran through my old CD keys with the GM to see what accounts were what etc and got an answer back on those.

No trace i can find i played vanilla when yet i raided back then, still got loot on my 120 warlock in the bank from raiding in vanilla and items used to summon the warlock mount to obtain it. The t2 helm i treasure as it was my first raid epic! I farmed for Robe of the Void epic (first ever purple). All these memories seem to have no trace in date.

Please could you shed some light on this? Only came about me looking into it as some reported that beta keys for classic were giving to vanilla players which may help but now this has come up and i find strange and also maybe less chance getting a key, i even played with my wife in vanilla so im not imagining it or going crazy :smiley: Of course i would love beta invite but not end of the world but this got me thinking what happened to my early days of wow :open_mouth:

Anything you’ve not read directly from Blizzard about getting an invite to the Beta Test is entirely false. The only people I’ve seen invited are “influencers”, some press and quite a few (lucky but random) people.

Their status of if they’ve played in Vanilla before or not isn’t a criteria.

Additionally, there are no beta keys. If you or others are invited for beta testing, one will see a beta test license added directly to said account and launcher.

Support cannot assist players getting flagged for the Classic Beta Test, you can opt yourself in if you haven’t done so yet.

We’re also selling rose tinted glasses at the Blood Elf Tour shop by the way.

I think you might be thinking my point is me getting a beta key which is false and understand the process but of course im going to try maximise my chances whether true or false but my main point is my account. I appreciate your response but in no way this is a beta key beg just it was how it started when i looked further into my account of when i actually played, looking at old pics, old gear and get hyped about classic. Just thought ‘hang on a minute, ive played before 2007’ and nothing to show for it. Just wanted some light shed on this of whats happened?

Sorry, same acc just changed my character main from where i left off last time i played :smiley:

You can easily see when you started playing by looking at your account history - https://eu.battle.net/account/management/wow/subscription/payment-history.html? However that will only give you dates, not characters etc. Will that solve the mystery?

1 Like

Hey Xillidanz,

I’m a bit confused, as you mentioned “No trace I can find I played vanilla when yet I raided back then” and in that same sentence “still got loot on my 120 Warlock in the bank from raiding in vanilla”. So you do have traces, items and such that confirm your memories.

As to your other statement “All these memories seem to have no trace in date.”: That is correct, that is not something that is tracked. You can’t see in your inventory when you obtained which item, although achievements do show dates these days. Achievements were not a thing back in Classic though.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

My entries only go back to 2006 so about 9-10 months are missing.

I think your missing the point here or im not making it clear enough? I looked back on my data that i requested and only goes back as far as just before TBC launch. I played well before this and no traces of game time, game cards used. Only evidence i have which i stated is the items in my bank still to this day.

So if i was asked if i played vanilla it looks like i played for 2months before TBC when its clearly false. I levelled for months, raided MC, touched a bit in BWL, ZG and Onyxia which i know for a fact i wouldnt have done all this in 2 months playing semi casual.

Yes i am aware u can look back easily on your account which goes back to 2007 but the data did show a log in in November 2006 from a character my wife made and she started well after me but zero traces of mine ever

Did you actually follow my link to your account history? The earliest years aren’t visible in normal account history any more, but that link has mine right from my first free month. It may not have been in the data you were sent but you can prove to yourself that you were there that way.

1 Like

To be honest no i didnt after being linked the usual link that doesnt go back far enough which i thought yours was the same link. According to that link, one of the three accounts goes back to August 2006 and other two 2007 during TBC so this confirms my activity in vanilla. Find it strange that the data being sent has logged every activity, every report etc but misses this part out so around 6 months of my WoW days at the beginning but has the other 13 years :smiley:

Thanks though, this was driving me nuts trying to solve especially when 2 GM’s didnt provide much help.

1 Like

@Ananda: Thank you very much for the link!

@Nenyasqi: The general confusion arises from the fact that link Ananda very kindly provided goes to a different page than where people (including myself) end up, if we look about. Looking at my different pages suggests that the process is split… The place people usually end up is the generic Battle.net history with a blue background, while the link Ananda provided asked me about, which specific WoW account’s history I wish to see and the pages have a gray background. :smiley:

1 Like