Missing dialogues in campaign quests

+1, exactly this issue last few days on EU Stormrage. Some quests super broken by this - having to read the missing dialogue on wowpedia to figure out how to progress quests, not much fun.

4 Likes

I’m a returning player and just started Shadowlands. Almost no dialogues. How am I supposed to understand what happens? Very upsetting.

3 Likes

Same with “Stay awhile and listen” dialogs. Almost all of them (tried ZM and Oribos after ZM finale) are missed. No texts and speech.

Same issue for me. Just returned to the game after 2 years and im being welcomed by a dialogue bug. It takes away the immersion. I want to level up, but I dont want to miss out on the story

Those missing dialogues are always the ones with talking heads over the screen?

I have that problem, dialogues start and suddenly stopped, and the problem was the addon World Quest Tracker. The author updates the addon to do precisely that prevent talking heads. So maybe your problem is an addon like that stopping dialogues.

Personally, I believe addons doing that is wrong. If the author wants to get rid of talking heads,s he should have to make another addon precisely for that, not bloating his world quest addon with functionality that has nothing to do with world quest, and even worst, having the option enabled by default.

With an addon made for that purpose, there won’t be people unknowingly installing an addon that make a change they don’t want.

So, check your addons, I believe that is the problem.

Not missing out on a whole lot^^

1 Like

Sylavana’s wrath for Arthas made her a puppet to Jailer and she allied with him to bring down all life and free Jailer from the Maw to change the way things are for Life and Death.So we go down and we meet the "Underworld of Azeroth’? as champions to sabotage all that plan and save the world.
Eh? i think thats it.

2 Likes

No Talking heads are fine. I dont havy ant addons isntalled, those are just regular dialogues. Some portions od them are just completely missing. Not only from SL, but dialogues from BFA are missing too lol

1 Like

Also asking gaurd directions isnt working.

Possibly better to post this in the support section.

The system itself can’t handle the trash of a story anymore.
I was away from the game since 9.0 and came back in the last couple of weeks before S4 started and I’d like to say the following: “I have played WoW for years and read the quests, dialogue, and sometimes even the notes and I’m doing that in Classic to this day but I have never regretted skipping quests, campaigns, and dialogues in SL. The story is pretty obvious to any who can read it and you can understand what’s going on by just looking at what surrounds you. Even then it’s quite boring to the point I’d rather read and enjoy the dialogues of a random quilboar in the barrens over anything in SL.”

I just did: Missing dialogues in campaign

This was originally posted in the tech support forum but then a mod moved it to customer support followed by another mod moving it here to general discussion. Don’t know why

Yea noticed this too. Started leveling a Horde alt and had to google where profession trainers are. This really does not give returning players a good impression, that an old game like WoW has bugs that are very obvious and make the game look amateurish.

Mean as it may sound, regarding the lack of Shadowlands dialogue:

Pretty much applies. If you watch a random movie and pretend that what the characters are saying is what the Shadowlands NPCs are saying, it will make the same amount of sense as whatever the Shadowlands NPCs originally said, that you feel missing out on now.

Same thing here.
I am bringing my characters to lvl 60 to prepare them for Dragonflight, and the quest line dialogues are completely messed up. Having done them before, I know there’s something missing and, after waiting, the “complete quest” sign or the next part of the dialogue starts, but for new players or someone with bad memory it’s gonna be trouble. And since this is something that quite surely was messed up by some update, get the backup out and see which code line has been screwed up. Shouldn’t be too difficult for a professional Video Game company now, would it? =(

I recently made a thread about it too. Also in game bug report.

I also tried without any addons and nothing changed. I wonder whether it is something everyone experiences or just some people.

At this point I hope it will be fixed by the time dragonflight releases so I can actually see the new stuff in game and not on youtube once someone bothers making videos about it.

edit: In fact… anyone in beta? Have you see this?

2 Likes

Just finished the Ventyr story with my Warlock and I noticed quite a lot of NPCs talking over each other in that campaign. The sound files would both play at the same time so you couldn’t really hear what they both said. Twas somewhat annoying but I guess Shadowlands had difficulties with its development and testing early on, some covid and some staff cut-backs.
Hopefully Dragonflight will have better QA on such things.

1 Like

Anyone tested if WarMode (enabled/disabled) is affecting this?

Ok… I am pretty sure that disabling War Mode helped me but further testing is required. Kinda remember that BFA had similar problem and it was related to phasing. I am playing first time though and dunno where to search for bugs - just gonna keep playing.

Edit: Still Bugged. I deleted cache and there was 14000 files :flushed:. Maybe this will help.

Edit: Not working :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.