Missing dialogues in campaign

When I started BFA on September 9, I didn’t notice the problem, in quest The Old Knight (Cyrus lines) from what I remember there was all good. I only noticed the problem starting today Shadowlands (from the initial quests). And now in BFA on my alt appeared problem with quest The Old Knight. Maybe it connect with starting new xpac?

So I just paid for Shadowlands, the Dragonflight upgrade and some game time, and now it turns out I can’t experience the story without watching every single quest on youtube recordings of 2 years ago… sigh. Blizzard, why? Just spend >100 euros on a non working game.

2 Likes

Nearly a month since last update from Blizzard not to mention weeks before that since this bug occurred.

4 Likes

Same, spent money on Shadowlands to prebuy Dragonflight :frowning:
Wanted to coast through end of bfa and whole shadowlands story before starting with dragonflight.

4 Likes

Came back to the game after a long break and started working on the Chains of Domination campaign, only to run into this issue. I understand that sometimes you update something and it breaks something, but the fact that this has been going on for over a month now is not a good look. It’s not like this is some kind of a minor issue, this is seriously damaging to the experience.

6 Likes

Can we have an update about this error? Should we wait for DF (or pre-patch) for the fix? We’ve paid money for the game time, but we can’t enjoy it.

5 Likes

It feels like questing in general is broken in BFA and SL. There are a lot of situations where there is some NPC dialog added to a quest and many opportunities to “stay a while and listen”.

I understand that the WoW team is busy with the release of DF but this bug feels rather irksome and for quite a while.

3 Likes

More than a month passed. What’s the current status of bug fixing?

Still having this issue as of 08 Oct 22, blizzard any updates?

3 Likes

Ahahaha, just received a ticket reply where the service rep tried to gaslight me into thinking its either my PC, Client, or Addons. Their side was working just fine.

2 Likes

OMG, doesn’t billion dollars company have a single database of issues? They said here and in US threads that they know about the problem and “working” on it. Not sure about the last part.

Maybe Blizzard needs to concentrate more on the technical know-how of their employees instead of “diversity” and “inclusion”. Who knows. That might help.

3 Likes

Ran into this bug yesterday/today… trying to level up my Alliance alt before Dragonflight hits. Wonder if it’s worth waiting until it’s patched or getting to the end game content via threads of fate instead?

1 Like

its quite clear at this point they arent patching it.

I’ve recently came back to the game to experience Shadowlands and I noticed something strange with the dialogs, it’s beyond me how can such bug still hasn’t been fixed after multiple threads made here.

What a turn off this is, missing lore and NPC interactions is game breaking for me and probably for some players too.

Still broken to me as well. For a time I could turn off the dialogues speech in settings → audio, and I could at least read the text. Now it doesn’t work anymore. And everytime I restart the game the option is turned on by default. Submitted a ticket some time ago, never received an answer.

1 Like

Same issue here, noticed first with the “stay awhile and listen” dialogues, now noticed it again while leveling alts. I hope they fix the issue before Dragonflight launches, I’d hate to miss out on the story.

have the same problem in almost every dialogue… please fix this. I’m already missing a lot of the shadowlands story because of this. Hope the problem is fixed before dragonflight…

2 Likes

Decided to come back to go through campaign story-lines before new expansion and also noticed this bug. I’ll stop my journey until the fix comes out. Hopefully it wont last to long :slight_smile:

I have the same issue.