Missing leaders

In the new quest intro for SL I think there are crutial keyleaders missing. Inmean, Thrall is abducted and Rexxar is not there; Jaina is abducted and katherine is not there, Anduin is abducted and Velen is not there; seems weird!
Not to mention: where TF is Malfurion?!

Baine is not there either. If we are lucky that useless cow dies for good.

2 Likes

They never give us a full update on what all the leaders and important characters are doing. They only take those whose stories they want to tell at that moment. nothing unusual about missing leaders.

Baine is in the Maw part, though.

But we’re not. We’ll have to rescue him as usual :wink:

1 Like

Baine is abducted.

And Thrall, Jaina, the PC and a few more need to create some sort of rescue team to save him from the Jailer.

At this point, its just funny. Counting the RTS, that would be the third (fourth?) time i’ve experienced him play the damsel in distress role when featured heavily as protagonist of the plot.

PS: And i’m not really asking for his character to die, as the Horde is already depleted in terms of relevant characters. But man, Blizzard should probably worry more about the kind of character they are trying to throw at players as “strong and honourable”.

3 Likes

Are we going through spoilers? If so:

We’re meeting him in the maw and rescuing them

Probably where he always is, on hold.

Also we leave Tyrande behind in the maw so… rip Tyrande.

I don’t think its a formal leaders meting more like representatives. Some might be there because they play a part in the prepatch.

It’s about time.

I’d deffinietly prefer Rexxar over Valeera, Mayla is absent and I’d like to see Eitrigg.

Calia and Valeera are disposable.

1 Like

That race appears in game only when we fight against Legion. They dont really care about Alliance and Azeroth it seams.

But for Velen, I guess he is still flying on Vendicar.

Anduin is left, and Turalion stay as leader for humans. Tyrande left, and Malfurion the same way left for Night Elves.

We need some leaders to stay in Azeroth to actually lead, you know…

Only 6 characters follow us to the Maw.

Thrall, Baine, Jaina, Anduin, Tyrande and Bolvar.

The rest stays back in azeroth.

In all honesty…Blizzard managed to nitpick those that i would mind less about dumping and leaving to die in some Maw ditch.

The only one mildly salvageable would be Thrall, and still his current portrayal makes me roll my eyes with every line they have him say.

2 Likes

So hope we get to leave Baine behind or kill him off.

2 Likes

We’re saving Baine. The only leader that was left behind to die was Tyrande.

Sadly yes. I waited for a moment and asked myself. “So will the player save Baine or …” Oh yes he does.

Not Bolvar, but Darion. Bolar says that if he will fallow us, he will lose his control.

2 Likes

You are right on this one.

1 Like

Malfurion is probably healing Kalimdor and Leading the Kaldorei but Shandris has been referenced in the voice overs of Ardenweald :thinking: how does she get there? it might imply that more characters will follow us.
Also is Velen still afk?

I hope they will do Baine justice and make him a true badass. Just because we’ll have to save him doesn’t mean he can’t be portrayed well.

2 Likes