MM Hunter Unblinking Vigil Bug - Wasting Aimed Shot charges

Hello,

Like many other hunters, I have noticed some strange bugs around the Unblinking Vigil legendary, particularly in my case around the number of Aimed Shot charges.
I narrowed it down to 2 slightly different, easy-to-reproduce and 100% reliable test cases.
Both bugs are pretty similar, but the 2nd one is even more noticeable than the first as it can remove both charges of aimed shot in the worst cast scenario.

Here is my setup:

• No equipment appart from a crossbow (no enchant) and Unblinking Vigil legendary
    • In particular, no tier set pieces
  • No soulbind or conduit (changed covenant and did not unlock any soulbind)
  • Only active talents whenever possible (2 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 2 / 3 / 3)
  • Targetting 3 training dummies at Orgrimmar (also works at Sylvarden, and probably any place with 3+ targets)

Bug 1 - Only Aimed Shot and Multiple Arrows

Here we will fire 2 aimed shots to empty our charges, then wait until charges recover. It does not matter how long we wait, we can wait until we have 0 charge, 1 charge or 2 charges, and even get out of combat. Then, we trigger Unblinking Vigil by firing Multiple Arrows at 3 targets (can take a few tries). As soon as the legendary procs, our stacks will revert to a specific value in every case.

• Aimed Shot
  • Aimed Shot
    • At this point, note the exact cooldown on your Aimed Shot charges. On my character I have 0 charges and 8 ~ 9 seconds until the first charge recovers.
  • Wait (for the most obvious bug, wait until both charges are up)
  • Fire Multiple Shots on 3 targets until legendary procs
    • At this point, we will revert back to the number of charges after our last Aimed Shot cast + 1. So in my case, I will end up with 1 charge of Aimed Shot and 8 ~ 9 seconds until the 2nd charge recovers (even if I waited for 2 charges to recover).

Bug 2 - Adding Double Tap

Double Tap seems to make the first bug even worse as it still reverts the number of charges, but it somehow prevents from even having the “+ 1” effect at the end. Thus it can leave us with 0 charges of Aimed Shot.

• Aimed Shot
  • Double Tap
  • Aimed Shot
    • At this point, note again the exact cooldown on your Aimed Shot charges. On my character I have 0 charges and ~ 6 seconds until the first charge recovers.
  • Wait (again, for the worst case, wait until you have 2 Aimed Shot charges)
  • Fire Multiple Shots on 3 targets until legendary procs
    • At this point, we will revert back to exactly the number of charges after our last Aimed Shot (without the + 1 that happens in Bug 1). So in my case, I will end up with NO CHARGES of Aimed Shot and ~ 6 seconds until the first charge recovers.

So my guess is that, somehow, Unblinking Vigil incorrectly “snapshots” the number of charges after the end our last Aimed Shot cast instead of, as I would expect from the description, the number of charges I have when the legendary procs. And it is somehow made even worse by the strange interraction with Double Tap which can make it actually remove both charges, thus suffer a significant DPS loss (as this is precisely the time where we want to cast Aimed Shot).

Given that they happen 100% of the time, I expect pretty much everyone running this legendary will have stumbled on this one way or another.

I hope these details will help Blizzard fix these bugs.

1 Like

Why is this still a thing, blizzard? The legendary thats supposed to give free charges of aimed shot is literally removing the charges we have instead. Its been months and its still there. Come on

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.