MMOs for Roleplayers - which are left besides WoW?

ive heard of that guild from some folk who were around at the time though both of it conflicting. some saying power mad gm’s and officers, others saying one or two drama wh*res always crying for attention.

i didnt get into gw2 rp til 2017 at which point the flavour of the day was inquest and nightmare guilds

1 Like

Man inquest and nightmare guilds wouldve been so cool if they werent all thin veils for bdsm erp

1 Like

You might have played after I stopped playing, then — and yeah, this weirded me out too. As did the fact that we were supposed to use these artifacts on missions, where, if anything, they would be more likely to get lost or captured by our enemies.

Pious very much had a “rule of cool” approach to guild events, which wasn’t for everyone.

It’s been many years and I don’t remember. There was some kind of IC and OOC controversy about the leader’s leadership style and the nature of guild events under his lead, resulting in the first officer (a much more reasonable individual, and one to whom I better connected both IC and OOC) splitting some of the members into an offshoot that quickly died out.

If we met again today, I suspect we’d all just let bygones be bygones.

2 Likes

its sad that i know how true it is. i joined an inquest guild called inquest bioengineering. it seemed cool but it was a rabbit hole into drama, skype cliques, erp fetishists, and even thinner veiled n*zi rp based on one person wanting to gas a charr cub for fun

3 Likes

Y e p p e r s

The general rule far as i was able to tell was nightmare for more standard sm fetishists and inquest for people that really wanted to go loco or erp as weird genetically altered hybrid races

Yeah the guy was an uh, interesting creature with a certain lack of restraint.

I think the most memorable thing about him is how me and a friend complained about some things ooc and he then pumped out a weird ic journal entry about how mean our characters were to him ???

Also he was a massive whale who i can only assume put several 1000s of bucks into gw2

1 Like

dawjiadjw i forgot about the wave of hybrids, i kept hearing about them in rata sum.

its a hard life just wanting to rp a priory golemancer

Asura skritt and asura spider were weirdly common hybrids and almost always escaped inquest experiments

Based on this I can only assume the inquest has both

1. Literally nothing better to do than random genetic splicing
  2. Extremely poor security

…What did I just read.

1 Like

I so deeply envy your blissful ignorance.

1 Like

as do i. lord as do i

2 Likes

Does it, though? From what I understand, modding the game is only possible through third-party software, and I’m not sure the ToS allows that.

you can slap on all sorts of plugins through an alternate launcher

as far as it being allowed goes, it’s as allowed as third party stuff is in essentially every other online game: as long as you’re not using it for s h e n a n i g a n s, a blind eye is turned

I have this weird feeling about Square Enix that I felt towards Blizzard about 10-15 years ago, but I think Yoshi-P will not ban you for having extra fun in a video game - instead they will try to legitimise it or adapt their ToS.

Pretty much.

Also while you can use DPS meters, bringing up DPS performance from that information can get you a ban.

1 Like

So long as you don’t talk about it in-game (in which case you are suspectible to be reported, though jury’s still out on whether they’ll actually take action against you for having speech bubbles lol) it’s fine. Not quite as intuitive to add as WoW Addons, but plenty of people use them for different reasons.

I haven’t personally felt the need for any during the time I’ve been playing. You get used to not having the bubbles over your head – what bothers me more is the lack of public/random RP, as the majority of players you’ll meet are typically through events (not including people you poke via Discord and set up RP with that way).

Get Crafty a boob mod

2 Likes

Okay, I’ve tried the chat bubble thing and it seems to work. And the launcher is so much nicer and less clunky than the official one (and it works under Wine, it seems!).

From what I’ve been told (though I haven’t used it myself) it’s got a lot of other neat features too like a Marketboard UI or a way to keep track of who’s being ressed. Glad to hear it’s working!

as soon as i find a good one im giving him the nicest manboobs and the biggest dumpy this side of eorzea :blush:

1 Like

bring back club penguin

Habbo Hotel, everyone back to my room! ! !

1 Like