Mob tagging just for the kill

I always warn people around me: if you touch my plate it’s under your responsibility, I don’t wanna hear your whining about a fork that stabbed your hand.

This issue annoys me to the point where I no longer quest or kill mobs while levelling. Getting 1,200 XP per kill and then seeing it cut to 30 per kill because some max level jerk wants to knock off the last 5% of every mob I spend my time killing, I find unacceptable.

Somebody following you around for just a few minutes doing this, negates any improvement from rested XP or warmode or the anniversary buff or anything else, at least for kills.

I know blizzard would say it’s that way to stop people boosting, but if someone’s got to lose something to prevent exploits it shouldn’t be the original player who was killing the mob. The interloper should lose XP and gold instead of gaining it if they don’t make a decent contribution to the kill.

as someone who has to do the open world stuff as healer: thanks to everyone who lets me tag their mobs because i would take ages for them on my own. :kissing_heart:

i usually heal and try to deal damage though.

1 Like

I sometimes feel its cruel, when I starsurge on a mob on its low HP and I see a paladin trying to run and tag it. It’s like me having a mean bully laughter on the paladins movement speed.

But in topic in general, i can safely say about myself that if people see me taging next, next and next mob is likely because I am doting them up, or am trying to aggro enough for frost orb, or whatever big spell current character has.

I know there are those tag-runners occasionally, but I am not one of those.

Now this I find annoying, when people bring random stuff into your AOE. Happens in nazjatar, where you can pull the quest mob out of the adds and the aoe pylons, and then some guy flies in with their million snapdragons and rays.

I understand if the mobs that get hit with my aoe were part of the objective and even when I do not need them, its ok - i understand. This named mob has spawn timer and other player wanted to tag it so they do not have to wait. I understand. But bring in some completely random mobs and as bonus be from opposite faction… argh.

Thank Elune (and Blizzard) for shadowmeld.

I think Blizzard should provide the option to enjoy a zone alone, and optionally only allow guild members and friends to enter, this would definitely streamline the experience.

1 Like

there are coop and single player games for that kind of experience.

1 Like

Yes, just like there’s shadow spec instead of pretending you’re being forced to do world quests as a healer.

1 Like

i absolutely hate shadow spec and im not really fond of disc spec either, so your point is what exactely? :roll_eyes:

My point is you’re saying people should play other games if they want to play alone, while at the same time you’re saying you want to play as a healer and get help from others because you don’t like shadow spec.

Maybe people hate other games and like this one the same way you hate shadow spec and like holy.

this doesnt make sense at all but okey, good for you i guess! :+1:

I thought I wouldn’t miss multi tag mobs, then I played Classic and it was a complete ballache. So I am quite happy for this system to exist.

Yes occasionally there are rude people around us who do nothing but leech.

2 Likes

Not against the rules to tag mobs… so i’ll continue as I have for years

2 Likes

No it’s not, you don’t lose anything. They don’t steal anything. If they hadn’t been there, you would have used just as much time to kill it.

But I know what you mean, I hate it too.

My brain just had an aneurysm. :exploding_head::exploding_head:

I will admit as someone who has OCD, it bothers me that someone tags a mob that I got it down all the way from 100% (especially those elites with higher health) just before it dies to get the free credit for the kill, letting them benefit from my work. On upside of it though I can do the same so that balances it out a bit.

Are you trolling or you are really that much triggered by that insignificant reason?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.