Monks and heals

So after a quick flick through the monk forum I get the feeling monk healing isn’t so great?

Is it really that bad or have recent changes helped?

1 Like

It not bad it is terrible!

1 Like

https://bit.ly/3b3LgvX
This is the list of spells removed in Legion. It’s not even complete, because some spells like Spear-handed strike weren’t removed, they were simply limited to Windwalker even though they used to be available to Mistweaver.
The list also doesn’t feature gameplay elements that aren’t spells, such as an entire resource system (Chi).

It only got worse in BFA and Shadowlands, with an awful GCD added on Soothing Mist.

They destroyed Mistweaver.
It’s been my main for years. But I can’t be bothered anymore. We’ve been stripped of every tool we had, and our gameplay has been dumbed down and made clunkier than ever before.
It’s awful to play and it underperforms hard, with huge mana issues and 0 utility as well.

Oh.

Is this raids, pvp, dungeons(mythic) or a everything?

It sucks in all forms of content yes. That’s because the issues with Mistweaver lie deep than simply “numbers not good, must increase output!!!” which Blizzard fail to see.

There’s no depth in the rotation anymore since they removed Chi & Stances.
The removal of Chi also lead to the mana problems, because Mana Tea was completely overhauled as a result.
Then in PvP, they took away everything that made MW playable in a competitive environment: cocoon while stunned, nimble brew, and no GCD on soothing mist.

It’s terrible at everything. Don’t bother, especially as a Shaman, you’ll feel naked without your root, tremor, grounding, interrupt, purge, bloodlust, and everything unique and useful that you bring to your group. There’s none of that with MW.

So really bad?

Even for casual game play and some low key mythics?

I see a mistweaver at #5 here so it should be okay for low stuff?

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankings/season-sl-1/all/eu/leaderboards#role=healer:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=2:maxMythicLevel=99

Here is their profile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/tarren-mill/Monktíng

I’ll just leave these two threads here for you to read. Have fun with that.

I wasnt doubting you as such just wondered in the more casual context.

Mistweaver is in an alright spot for the moment. They are perfectly viable in all levels of content, you can safely use them for literally anything if the pilot is proficient enough.

Their biggest issue is that they lack the utility other classes are able to bring, if they would get a better raid cooldown or some more useful utility they would be amazing.

edit: So since you’re asking from a casual point of view, using Monks in casual content such as M+15 and Heroic raids you will run into no issues because of the class itself.

Monk is really not in a good spot fun or throughput wise.

I mean by all means if you have friends you can do some M+ with them but you will struggle to get selected over hpalas or rshamans currently in pugworld.

they terrible … low heals and hight mana cost on spells

major mana issues, its fine if your not looking to do high ish keys.

its a shame because mistweaver used to be super fun to play

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.