Moonkin Talents/Abilities in Shadowlands

Hello ya’ll, i thought i would share my thougts and concerns for shadowlands. I am in general very excited and hopeful for Shadowlands! :slight_smile:

• Moonkin have been my main since Wotlk 3.3.5, currently casual but i have done plenty heroic/mythic raiding as moonkin in the past. i Just wanted to clarify :slight_smile:

What do you guys think?are you worried, or just excited?is everything fine, or do you want something to change?

Talents

• lvl15: Warrior of elune replaced/reworked, honestly not sure what to say. this talents simply feels wrong and weak. it feels wrong because lunar strike have such fast cast time and it can already be made instant with Owlkin frenzy

• lvl30: Renewal moved to lvl45row which should be a healing row with affinity gone. Wild charge should in my opinion be baseline for all druids, but this could understandably mess with pvp balance.

• lvl45: Affinity row completely gone and replaced with healing talents.

• lvl60: This is okay, but Typhoon have always been a moonkin ability in my eyes.

• lvl75: Starlord replaced, simply too weak and nothing exciting about it.

• lvl90: Stellare drift reworked/replaced because i EXPECT starfall to be an aura like it was in MoP, replace it with insect swarm?that would also make the lvl90 row DoT focused. Stellare flare Impact damage buffed to deal the same amount as Wrath, also buff or change the DoT.

• lvl100: Feels okay.

Abilities

• Starfall was always unique and it made moonkin stand out, ever since they changed it to be place on the ground i feel disconnected from the class. I want starfall to be what it was in Wotlk to MoP. 20 Star limit that deals heavier damage, which would also need the cost/activation for starfall to change.

• Solar wrath/Lunar strike
    No big complaint here, but i would like the empowerment/mastery to change. Currently they both deal close to the same damage which isn’t okay, we simply press whatever ability that is empowered. I would like lunar strike to be more of a heavy damage spell, more singletarget focused with a longer cast time.
    Casting spells should be rewarding.

Solar wrath deals 9261 empowered(non-crit) 1.1 sec cast time
Lunar strike deals 11900 empowered(non-crit) 1.6 sec cast time
Starsurge deals 27843(non-crit) instant

• This is in my opinion wrong. i would rather see longer cast times with higher damage, as it used to be. Ofc this is just my opinion!

And please remove the GCD from shapeshifting!this is making me crazy…!

Agree with WoE, never really liked that talent, it is so boring.

I am okay with affinity both if they stay or if they go.

Typhoon should be baseline, maybe a Typhoon improvement talent instead of typhoon itself.

Starlord too weak? Are you smoking? It is the best ST choice, you pick it from first to last boss of EP. I do agree is not exciting tho.

I agree on starfall, i want it to be an hard CD again. OR if Blizzard plan to leave it in this sh*tty state just baseline add the Archimonde trinket effect and make starfall proc from SS cast on dotted target.

At least in Legion it did damage now SF is a joke.

I would expect Affinity row to be gone, with class fantasy being a big topic and all that :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

i agree on what you said about Typhoon :+1:

Oh well, i only played around with starlord to be honest. seemed too boring to consider playing with. Tweak it or something similar to the idéa, i look at it and feel discouraged from using it. I should note that i am no longer a serious raider and havn’t been for a while.

Regarding starfall i just freakn’ hate it right now, i have mained moonkin since wotlk and starfall was one of those unique things that made me fall for moonkin(striking all enemies around the druid). it was simple, but there was and still is no ability like it!. Basically a super DoT on every enemy within 30/40 yards(cant remember). And there was a glyph to only target enemies in combat.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.