Morally grey

I actually am glad for this retcon. Wish they could just retcon chronicles 1 out of existence. They killed so much mystery.

2 Likes

I mean honestly, as much as we joked about it, the titan perspective thing had merit, if they planned expanding on it. They could have shown how they are incapable of properly understanding Azeroth and its denizens, we already saw that back in WOTLK with Algalon.

But its just a lazy way out for future retcons, rather then a genuine desire to show us a different perspective.

5 Likes

Rabid Dogemen…Mandoges…in need of a thorough muzzling!

1 Like

Which thing do I see? Lol.

I think Chronicles was needed.
Not as some biased source, but as a way that offered objective truth regarding how the ingame universe works.
In settings where magic is at play, readers need solid foundations and sources explaining the basic nature laws that rule said universe.
And in an expanded universe that encompasses several thousand years of events, they need an unbiased narration regarding the historic events that led to the current situation.

Chronicles fulfilled both roles.

Just as we have in real life, in order to create proper world building, writers need to set the rules and precedents that define the setting where they operate.

Wanting to be without any of it, reeks of the biggest and most blatant laziness. And reduces most events into the cheapest “A wizard did it” and “From my point of view the Jedi are evil” cliches.
For both the natural laws and the historic events respectively.

Sylvanas stopped caring for Forsaken after defeat of Arthas and that happened before the whole Tides of War thing. Since I see there is no point arguing with you at all because you have not read anything properly. You just read parts that you like which the way you quoted me shows it. Taking a portion of a text in which you think you found a flaw or whatever you say to yourself that you found and completely ignoring the whole context of what I have said.

Take care and good luck.

They could have done so without giving us the origin of races. Most of what was presented was one fat retcon, and a bad one at that.

We know why she started the Blood War, it was for the Maw to grow in strength. She wants everyone to serve Death. Thus we already know what she wants. For how many years are you going to continue with this “wait for her endgame reveal” BS?

1 Like

Why? Don’t you know your own origins in real life?

WoW has archeology. And several organisations whose basic role in the story is precisely to delve into the origins of the races that inhabit the planet.

You may not like how a particular race came to be (there are certainly a few of those in RL regarding the origin of the human species), but having Blizzard clarify once and for all what created the cosmos, helped players to put in perspective stuff like how would certain races view the rest, why are they settled in certain areas, what’s their relation with the natural forces of the planet or why does it exist,…

So yeah, even if someone doesn’t like Tauren being a Yaungol offshoot, expanding into it gives us a buildup for Pandarias ancientness.
And having elves being some troll evolution, ties with their similarities and expands on the animosity both may have.

Etc.

And that’s not counting Draenor.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Sylvanas’ amazing story, and without a solid grasp of theoretical moral relativism most of the details will go over a typical player’s head.

7 Likes

Best not to engage in discussion about that with me. And please don’t state something as a fact when you’re not 100% certain it’s true.

I don’t mind them being an offshoot of the yaungol. I mind them being mutated freaks like saurok.

There were better ways for them to do Chronicles 1.

You need a very high IQ to follow the plot of WoW in general! I mean I could explain the most hated quote “Draenor is free” but you all would be too dumb to understand it, just like you’re too dumb to understand that evil is a state of mind.

6 Likes

Haha, Well, duuh. If you ignoring above mentioned facts, then yeah you are in those 90%. No matter what snarky deflection you trying to use in your post. Because its not even about Sylvana, its about facts.

1 Like

That is kinda what already turned out to be.

Im not so sure about that, atm. But if they make her into Raid boss, well this would suck, story-wise, but in grand scheme of things, who cares? Not for the first time they doing something stupid with the story. Like, they done the same with Illidan, only for making him, back, into “Le good guys”, three expansions later. So who cares, but it is still would not excuse actions of Sourfang or Baine. Or change the fact that people disproportional hate Sylvana for a wrong reasons.

1 Like

She literally says that the Horde is nothing and, as her 8.3 dialogue with Azshara reveals, she actually wanted you to die in the Azshara raid. How is that not obvious, lmao.

2 Likes

How is that not obvious

Lol, maybe because 8.3 hasn’t come out yet, And the point of topic not to make Sylvana into a good girl but to make a point that her opposition is guilty as she is.

1 Like

Those voicelines are already voiced, so they won’t change them.

And no, her opposition is not as guilty as she is because her opposition did not commit genocide. It’s simple, really.

this is the equivalent of what if the void is really good and the light is really evil ye sure its trying to consume the universe but i’m sure it’s all part of some master plan to save us all …

Dude… you asked “How is that not obvious”, i reply - because not everybody reading spoilers. And yeah, her opposition is just as guilty as she was. If Sourfang and Bain acted as full grown adult and not a spoiled girls, everything might been different. Not to mention, if stupid Boy-king could be able to predict, the oblivious consequences of his actions, at the Gathering, then the war might not happen. at all. It’s kind of funny, how people can’t see how actions of good-intended idiots pushed Sylvana further and further.

1 Like