More effort into bot-busting FFS!

It’s nice that Blizzard sent me an in-game letter when I was 24ish last week for reporting a bot and no idea if anything was even done about it.

But I’m 46 right now and at around midnight UTC, Kingsfall, Hinterlands. And virtually every hunter that is under level 60 is a bot. I encoutered 4 of this litter in the space of 30 minutes.

This is pathetic guys. Why are you letting filth ruin the game?
SoM is like the only version of the game that is still in a reasonable state… so far.

Typical pattern of a money-harvester:

• Pet is not renamed. It’s usually just the vanilla Boar from level 10, called, “Boar”(Alliance side).
  • Exhibits virtually no strafing at all, along with jumping.
  • Only runs in straight lines and performs insane maneouvers with click-to-run. Easily busted when waypoints are very close to one another.
  • Automated responses, such as: “?”, “Not interested.” Or usually nothing at all.
  • Fixed anything rotation. Running, fighting etc. A dead giveway.

These permanent bans are either:

A. Not being done.
B. Being done but lacking in serious manpower.
C. Being done extremely poorly because of company’s bull$hit policies or too high a care in attempts to avoid slapping legimitate people. (This is such a debatable point but probably moot as this department most likely doesn’t even exist)
D. ???

Where is the job poster, I want to apply for the position of busting these guys. It’s so easy to tell…

Oh wait…

3 Likes

50% the SOM playerbase are bots and the other 40% need to buy gold for mounts/GDKP/consumes/ranking. It’s a good business model nothing will change.

1 Like

not where i’m playing there are very few bots right now, almost none

1 Like

if you mean Dreadnaught, you’re damn wrong, there are bots everywhere
you won’t notice the difference from a real player unless you look into them for a fight or two
I’ve seen them in almost every zone, sometimes even in a chain-like parade

1 Like

Adding druids to this list. Also, apparently they randomly emote:

“%p cheers at you.”
“%p greets you warmly.”

Good is their programming… but not good enough.

seeing these is such a turnoff though.

1 Like

i’ve seen a few at the start but now not for like 2 weeks
i fight everyone so i can tell if i see a bot, very few so far on my end (less than 0,5%)
btw i rarely rename my pets but i don’t know about kingsfall sure hope they ban bots that you report that’s very important of course, even kinda critical. And a minimum, since they should actually look into any bots that would be farming hidden in instances, of course.

oh and I would also apply for such a job if you need any anti cheating people let us know

1 Like

I bet not a single bot has been banned since the release, all of them have been already farming, mostly dire maul or non-inhabited zones

i haven’t seen ban confirms but i also haven’t seen again any bot that I reported (one of them I friendlisted to check). seems pretty clean in the open world to me right now. It’s important of course, and it would be ridiculous to not deal with it on a sub-to-play game. I mean even if there is no sub it’s a basic expectation on any online game, very important on a economy based game like this as well. A major characteristic of quality.

I haven’t seen too many bots on Dreadnaught actually. I reported one and actually got an in game mail from blizzard saying they had been banned. I’m guessing they’re putting a bit more effort in now since they are getting absolutely roasted for being so incompetent. I encountered far more bots when Classic Era was released than SOM.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.