More punishment for M+ leavers and key wreckers

Blizzard you need to do ALOT more.

So many times even when run is going completely fine, a players dies once due to their own fault, throws a strop and leaves screwing everyone else over and wrecking the key…

This happens not once but many times in a row.

Remove M+ timers, give stricter punishment for people who leave I dunno but just do something. It’s getting silly and has been an issue forever now.

1 Like

Learn to pick your groups better. Nothing Blizzard can do will change the fact that people leave keys, sometimes with good reason, sometimes without.

Well for starters they could introduce a tracking system that shows how many keys you quit without being kicked.

They have achievements for everything else, why not for people that insist on wasting everyone else’s time?

Once you hit a certain amount, you get a auto achievement above your head for the week: “The Time Waster”.

At least lets other groups know you should not be invited at all. :smiley:

Advising people to pick groups better is the same as saying, don’t pug, only run with guild. Which is not always possible.

2 Likes

Anything would be better than nothing right now.

Does not matter how careful you are with picks.

Raider means nothing since carries/boosts/paying for runs etc, plus some players with insane raider score just quit within one death because it’s not perfect run…

While i agree, it wouldn’t be out of place to have a system that tracks people who left grps ect.
Just need to be careful about how far it reaches. And there will always be a counter argument from the people leaving, that they don’t enjoy to have their time wasted either.
For example, you see say… 11KR - In time, with that title imo i can rightfully expect the leader to know what he’s doing, but when that person then starts dropping liquid gold on first boss and so on. Is it really wrong for people to just leave? The title should clearly have said 11KR - Looking for free boost.

Conclusion, i don’t know what the solution is, i just know that people can sit on both sides, thinking “I don’t want to have my time wasted”

EDIT

Then use RIO fully instead of just the number. you are aware RIO gives you more than a number right?
Someone who’s boosted will 99/100 times have 1-2 runs at a “high” level, and always be in a grp with people with a RIO score way above his. Guess what, if you see someone like that, he’s most likely boosted. RIO can show you this, if you bothered to use it.

You can also see how many times the person has timed a dungeon ect. If the person has only done it ones, maybe there was a reason for that?
Very much can be gained by spending those extra 10min to form a group, instead of just rushing with what ever has a high number.

1 Like

You can’t vote kick people from keys.

Why not an achievement then for being below the tank on damage?
Or not interrupting at all during a dungeon run?
Or standing in everything that does damage?

Just because you stay in group doesn’t mean you’re actually helping the run. I’ve had plenty of runs where some rando completely bricks the key, but because they stay that means it’s ok?

I’ve also left a bunch of keys because I’m not there to carry people to the chest. My time is worth more to me than that.

The people that buy runs don’t queue for your +8s, they just buy a +10 if they want to do M+.

Because it’s subjective when it is ok to leave?
Most people agree to leave a key above +15 if it’s clear that it won’t be in-time. Who is to get the achievement?
Some people want to run a smooth +10 and after wiping on an easy boss for the 10th time, they just had enough.
Some people only have 40 mins time and will queue for a dungeon, expecting it to be in-time.

Make it clear, what your intentions are.
If you ask them if they are fine completing that dungeon, no matter what, chances are, they will leave if they want to time it and those that stay are willing to finish it no matter what.
If you advertise it as +10 2-chest and you wipe on the first boss, who is to blame if someone leaves? IMHO the key-holder.

Can we also get that achievement for all the “PUG-Raidleaders” with 340 iLvL that do nothing apart from pulling 5k dps?
And for all the DPS pulling 15k overall dps in a M+?
And all the rDruids that don’t catweave if they don’t have to heal?
And for all the tanks that don’t even look up routes before they start a dungeon?

No. Never. Give punishments to people who destroy keys by not knowing what to do. Or wait, that doesn’t fit your agenda?

No? Someone having no respect for my time by not knowing half of the things he’s supposed to is ok, but me leaving because my time was disrespected if a big no-no?

Get real.

It is funny listening to some of you try to pretend that those leaving are doing it for legit reasons.

9 out of 10 times its because that person is being a entitled douchebag. This is my personal experience btw, none of your theory crafting excuses.

They don’t get the free carry they were looking for and insta quit over the slightest perceived insult to their precious time whilst ignoring everyone else’s time spent gathering a group and running through the dungeon.

I can count on 1 digit the time someone did stick around who was being toxic / blaming everyone else for every mistake they themselves made, though I will give them props for actually playing till the end instead of quitting and wasting everyone else’s time.

By all means, add additional achievements to show your lowest dps vs highest per run and use of mechanics / interrupts.

It would certainly be of more use than looking purely at numbers and pretending they have any relevance to someone’s knowledge of a run.

2 Likes

I realise your first language may not be English, but at least try and explain what this means.

sorry yes english not thet good try typ it sort want to sey player blame oter sould blame him self

blame some there fault ok but blame some 1 who wipe group by him self not ok

Thanks for clarifying. Yea people that like to blame everyone else in pugs, I just want to slap. Positivity is the name of the game, point out obvious issues if you see them, but don’t be a insulting negative slime ball whilst doing so and it usually works out. : )

also why not look for same players u lvl skill not hard to find them petient and relax all i cen adivse its pug not premade group everting go wrong pug

low expetion u need to pug

I keep on reading about these abandoned runs… I also try to realize that it is a huge issue. However since Legion I can probably still count the amount of leavers that just leaves without having a reason as to why It whould happend.

If a run for example are going really bad with no redeeming qualities coming up, then I never blame people for leaving, since it’s understandable.

This is funny coming from a guy that probably has fewer total m+ runs than I have in Atal’Dazar alone…

Why don’t you actually play the game a tad bit more before telling people about your “personal experiences”?

i heve idd why not give them cooldown timer sey if u leave key u wont be allow join some 1 else key i understant some tims heppen i had group who could not dodge balls spore boss so after 100 wipe i give up thet group left

Oh wow this thread again.
A leaver punishing system is pointless and would not work anyways.
Please stop it.

And surely you can understand that the experience, and the reason why you do M+ is completely different depending on what levels they are doing.
Someone doing 2-7’s is trying to learn the dungeons/class.
While someone doing 10’s for example, maybe only cares about the weekly chest.
While people doing 15+ is more than likely just chasing RIO score, because that’s fun to them.
With this in mind, you must understand that there can be legit reasons for leaving. So as the one forming the grp, it’s up to you to form a grp with peopl with the same OBJECTIVE as you.
For example, if you see someone advertising “In time” it clearly needs players that wants to do it in time, so you cannot be surprised when people leave when this is no longer possible.
Where tags like “Just for weekly” you gotta expect they might not be the greatest players, but it’s only being done for the end of dungeon/week reward anyway so is filled with players that will stick around.

1 Like

Lolwhat? If your keys left this season showed it would tell people to stay away from you.

That’s not ‘nothing’.

1 Like

Nothing will happen.

And sometimes people leave keys for legitimate reasons, it’s not like you’re legally obliged to finish a run…